Is it possible not to laugh when someone says calls them self a "producer"?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

exactly :D

"don't forget to wash your penis"

"i wont"

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 pm Question then...why do people call themselves producers instead of musicians?
Because their aspiration is not to become a musician, it's to have something to show, yet bypassing all that pesky woodshedding and study.
i did 4 years at uni studying production :o
which was probably actual production, like setting up microphones and getting actual recordings on disk or whatever

jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 pm Question then...why do people call themselves producers instead of musicians?
Because their aspiration is not to become a musician, it's to have something to show, yet bypassing all that pesky woodshedding and study.
i did 4 years at uni studying production :o
which was probably actual production, like setting up microphones and getting actual recordings on disk or whatever
yep, full on studio work basically.
24 track analogue and a 48 track (well, inputs) digital.
with a side module on live work.

learning all the different mic types, different set ups for different sounds eg for drums either close mic everything, or the simple 2 over heads and a kick mic (led zep sound) and so on.
learning the science behind acoustics.

a lot of boring class room study :hihi:
but very useful once it clicks and you get to apply it :)

also, putting actual productions together, from finding the musicians to writing the pieces then recording and mixing.
Last edited by vurt on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:12 pm exactly :D

"don't forget to wash your penis"

"i wont"
:hihi:

Advice Gustave Flaubert reportedly gave Guy de Maupassant after reading some of his first efforts:
“I cannot tell whether you have talent. What you have shown me proves a certain intelligence, but you must not forget this, young man—that talent is only long patience. Work.

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pmi did 4 years at uni studying production :o
ive got certificates and everything.
still not sure id call myself a "producer" though.
im an artist :D
Yeah, a bullshit artist!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Stringzy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 pm If you are Bob Ezrin or Daniel Lanois, you may as well run around the Earth screaming out loud 24/7 you are THE producer, all good in my book.

But if you are this type of guy >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lXmOE9PApw (and lets be honest, most schmucks from YT tutorials, music SW commercials, calling themselves "prohdusarz", are exactly this type of guy).

Then producer you are NOT.
Now that's an advertisement!

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 am
vurt wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:50 pmi did 4 years at uni studying production :o
ive got certificates and everything.
still not sure id call myself a "producer" though.
im an artist :D
Yeah, a bullshit artist!
:lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”