Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

yehboy1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 am Is it true that Massive X only works in Max for Live? Please confirm.
F y'all, if that were true, I'd be all aboard that pain train

dangayle wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:43 am
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 am Is it true that Massive X only works in Max for Live? Please confirm.
F y'all, if that were true, I'd be all aboard that pain train
Good thing it's iMaschine exclusive instead, isn't it?

ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 am No, but thanks, have now. But I've never dislike the stuff that sounds more like dirty triphop. If it has a deep and/or experimental flavor it's probably going to hit a chord.
Then I recommend HTRK even moreso than A/T/O/S, honestly my favorite band ever. And guess who is making a drum machine in Reaktor that will have tons of delay triggers because of them? In particular recommend their Psychic 9-5 Club album, their tone changed so drastically after their bassist died. It's not so much "dirty trip hop" though, more like shoegaze meets triphop meets minimalism. Of course there's stuff like Rival Consoles and Lorn but honestly these days everyone seems to be in-the-know about them if they're even vaguely curious of more experimental and/or deep electronic music, but HTRK is relatively obscure too.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 am
Functional wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:44 am People who are worried about lack of hype: this was discussed earlier in this thread and apparently it might have something to do with them advertising Massive X for Komplete 12. And people didn't get Massive X when they bought Komplete 12 initially because it wasn't finished. So unlike someone like Jean Murray, I guess they decided that they can't hype it anymore (in order to avoid potential PR issues).
Finally a sensible explanation, thank you.
Well time will tell.

For a product that's supposedly being released today, it seems odd that you can't find any mention of its existence on the NI website. I mean, there are a few pieces of info hidden deeply on the website, but you can't find those hidden nuggets from the site's front page, not even using the site's search engine.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 am For a product that's supposedly being released today, it seems odd that you can't find any mention of its existence on the NI website. I mean, there are a few pieces of info hidden deeply on the website, but you can't find those hidden nuggets from the site's front page, not even using the site's search engine.
Indeed O.o

At the other end of the spectrum, we have Spitfire Audio prominently promoting their latest product at the top of their homepage, hoping you'll order a copy of it, when it hasn't even been released yet. Who needs to wait on the product to actually exist? Let's just start selling it right away! :)
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 am For a product that's supposedly being released today, it seems odd that you can't find any mention of its existence on the NI website. I mean, there are a few pieces of info hidden deeply on the website, but you can't find those hidden nuggets from the site's front page, not even using the site's search engine.
From what others have said in some earlier pages (and I'm just assuming it's true because I'm not aware of anything that disproves it) - NI usually doesn't usually give out public info on a product before release. Massive X being mentioned at all, let alone having a release date, is well outside the ordinary for NI - for other product launches, I haven't seen them promote products before they're released. Perhaps they changed their mind about doing the whole pre-release hype thing with Massive X after people were unhappy they had to push it back from September and want to save the hype for when it's available.

Their radio silence is still unsettling though.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/

PatchAdamz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 am
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... massive-x/
Like I said, there is Massive X info buried deeply in the bowels their website, but you can't find it from the front page. You have to use Google to find the info about Massive X. I know, their main focus is their huge Summer of Sound promotion, but they should still have room for a Massive X link somewhere on the front page. I would think Massive X is the 2nd-most important news on their site at the moment (right behind their huge Summer of Sound promotion).
GlenVision.com

Functional wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:47 am
ghettosynth wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 am No, but thanks, have now. But I've never dislike the stuff that sounds more like dirty triphop. If it has a deep and/or experimental flavor it's probably going to hit a chord.
Then I recommend HTRK even moreso than A/T/O/S, honestly my favorite band ever. And guess who is making a drum machine in Reaktor that will have tons of delay triggers because of them? In particular recommend their Psychic 9-5 Club album, their tone changed so drastically after their bassist died. It's not so much "dirty trip hop" though, more like shoegaze meets triphop meets minimalism. Of course there's stuff like Rival Consoles and Lorn but honestly these days everyone seems to be in-the-know about them if they're even vaguely curious of more experimental and/or deep electronic music, but HTRK is relatively obscure too.
Awesome!

I think Massive X will get the spotlight on the website (top, wide banner) today. By now, 99% would be aware of Summer of Sound sale and that Massive X is included with Komplete 12. I would not be surprised if sale links are put under the Massive X banner.

About 7 hours now based on my experience.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Especially considering that the inclusion of Massive X is supposed to be a selling point for Komplete 12

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:31 am About 7 hours now based on my experience.
Thats not a lot of time for another 87 pages

mrfuzz wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:37 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:31 am About 7 hours now based on my experience.
Thats not a lot of time for another 87 pages
It's certainly not impossible though. I'm here, doing my part. Just don't give up. :wink:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Instruments”