New music to review (will return the favor) as of June 26th!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I put 2 songs in my music website: 'Blood Red Moon' is the song on top, and 'Feel Your Love' is the next song down. Please tell me how you like the music and how it can be improved, and I promise to return the favor (leave me a link). Here is my link:

https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/?bandID=224436
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

My Feedback (Blood Red Moon)

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: Love the intro. Overall volume can probably be brought up about 1 or 2 db. Kind of on the soft side. Otherwise. mix is nice and clean with good stereo spread. Musically cool. Reminds me of the 80s. Maybe a little 70s too. Still trying to figure out who you sound like vocally. It's on the tip of my tongue but can't place it. It has a little Ozzy but missing his harshness and range. But there are similarities. Love the synth work on this. Well done overall. Just crank it up a bit.

My Feedback (Feel Your Love)

Music - 8
Instruments - 7.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 8

Overall - 8.125

Comments: That snare is awful. There is no life to it. Volume is way too low. Sounds like you're hitting a fat hi hat. Low end also seems to be lacking. Is there even a bass in this thing? Other than that, everything else is fine. Musically cool. You have a definite style that I like. Mix is clean but certain frequencies sound anemic and need some help.

Here's my thread

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501125

There are now 254 tracks to choose from. Pick a couple and have fun.

wagtunes,
Thank you for the reviews! I appreciate it. On "Feel Your Love": to me the synth bass is obvious (more at the beginning), though there is no electric bass. I will now seek out your mega-thread.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I listened to "Feel Your Love." It is minimal 80s synthpop plus some guitar that resembles "Hazy Shade of Winter" at times. Pretty good although I thought the bass line and drum machine were too rigid and robotic. The guitar work provided enough variation to keep me interested. Good job. :tu:

It sounded pretty decent besides the drums needing a slight upgrade(easily done). I had a little trouble picking up on the words but the hook was clear. Maybe a little less effects to bring them closer to the front of the mix.

A separate suggestion is to use a different picture for each song on your Soundclick songs page that kind of ties into that song in some way.

Blood Moon: I agree that it is overall a little too quiet. Not terrible but could use an overall boost. This is more Prog Rock (Psi-Fi, Pallas) than Alternative (Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc). Semantics perhaps but more existing fans of Prog are likely to pick up on this than fans of typical Garage Rock. Probably a song that needs a few spins to come clear in the mind.

Feel Your Love: Again I agree that the mix is a bit fractured (more than Blood). It is a more conventional song than the last so there is more pressure on being "as expected". I feel like this is less considered (or well tempered). Has a more early 80's feel which is cool with me but it doesn't seem "studied" so much as simply not well Produced overall. The song itself is probably good but needs to be tighter overall to hit the Pop Rock mark.

Don't tell us to wear headphones, simply says you don't trust your mix. The listener will use what they please (and curse their worthless lives with iPhone & laptop speakers).

I think you have a lot to work with here. Is it just you alone? If so, take on a partner to help make this material shine. There is a good record to be had.

:-)

Frantz,
Thank you for the review, I appreciate it! I will now seek out your music...I reviewed your latest song now.

fastlanephil,
Thank you for listening & replying! I will now search for your music....I just reviewed your latest song. Since they re-did soundclick a few months ago, I have a more difficult time uploading photos unless they are sitting on my desk-top.

Benedict,
I appreciate your elaborate reviews, thank you! I rarely work with others now; difficult to find dependable people for free. I used to work with several different female singers....and then I got married, so that mostly came to an end. Will now seek out your music.

Return to “Music Cafe”