Modern FM8?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FM8

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:55 am Well with the long awaited upgrade to Massive X in the pipeline, maybe FM8 will see FM9 on it's way, and the GUI needs reworking tbh, but I don't really know what else you could do to it, maybe some modulation improvements , but I cant see much else.
FMX :) like Massive X for fxs and routing, but with 2 FM Matrix instead of the 2 wavetable+sub osc.

would be nice.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Nena2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 pm I discovered Dexed when I was looking for synthesizer replica. I don't know if it's better then FM8 that is also a replica of Yamaha DX 7. But I like it. Except that I have trouble finding libraries from the real instrument to use in Dexed.
Hi Nina,

They all are here:
https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/#cartridge-manager

or directly here:
http://hsjp.eu/downloads/Dexed/Dexed_cart_1.0.zip

And all these libraries are not only for Dexed but also for all the FM synths which can read the 6-Op sysex.

I had spent almost the full year 2014 to collect all the libraries available for free on the web, including all those from the Dave Benson's collection, for the Bobby Blues "All the web" collection, for the AcidBoxBlues collection, for the Synthzone collection, etc. Each one contains already tons and tons and tons of dupes files, yes. Not only dupes of patches... but tons of dupes of sysex themselves!

And I have tediously removed all these dupes to build my own collection which is this one distributed on my webspace (above, the direct link) and on Dexed's webpage (link to the right section anchor above) and on Audiobomb (and perhaps also on some other platforms but I can't remember where).

And in my collection everything is sorted. And all the old factory cartridges and almost all the extra cartridges (except of course those which remain payware today) are included.

As far as I know it seems to remain today the most comprehensive and the best ordered library in the world containing the original 6-OP sysex files usable on the FM synths DX7 compatible and of course on the hardware themselves for those who still have them.
:)

Since the release of this file in January 2015 I have received from contributors several (not a lot, perhaps around 20 to 30) other sysex files that I didn't have, so I plan to add them in an update, but I don't know when. But I'll do, for sure. Being extremely busy by my heavy cares, it will be within one or two years when I'll publicly release the same work (begun two years ago but paused because a huge disease) for the 4-OP sysex files (DX9, DX11, DX27S, DX100, TX81Z, etc.) and a similar work begun for the Casio CZ synths.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

NI Kontour is very interesting as well :)

I have several FM synths but I mostly use FM8 and Aparillo. Tha later has a high quality sound with very interesting and flexible design.

From those I don't have, I really like Bazille and DX7 V.
Korg Volca FM is a good and cheap hardware, but only one show stopper is the lack of velocity response :( I would buy it if they add this essential function.

Return to “Instruments”