Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

That's what she said.

msvs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:05 pm I dont understand a single word you are saying, sorry. It makes no sense
Ok under FM on the OSC there are waveforms when you select random it moves the OSC shape. Why not make all the other waveforms like sine wave do the same when you move the knob

I think he wants all wavetable to become random like noise does when you turn the rate knob. I would prefer you kept it the way it is.

You can do anything you want, just select OSC2 as FM source! You can now do all you like with the OSC of OSC2. You can load a wavetable there. Modulate it etc... But results are often just... noise. I still think a simple sine works best for most tasks.

Remember on OSC2: Volume is "AMOUNT" then and Transpose is "RATE"

msvs wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:55 am You can do anything you want, just select OSC2 as FM source! You can now do all you like with the OSC of OSC2. You can load a wavetable there. Modulate it etc... But results are often just... noise. I still think a simple sine works best for most tasks.

Remember on OSC2: Volume is "AMOUNT" then and Transpose is "RATE"
Thank you I used the osc 2 and used the FFT filter v speed and it is awsome :tu:

Avenger is like a big Sandbox... with a bit of thinking, nearly everything is possible to assign somehow. As a sound designer, this is what I love about Avenger

Oh damn, in Bitwig the VST3 actually still crashes a lot. Should I use the VST2 version instead?

Hi Manuel, I was trying to adjust the speed at which a pitch envelope occurs to "correct" the pitch of a sample by hand.
I noticed that the keytrack knob (in the below ENVELOPE section) doesn't actually behave as an envelope-related control but rather as a generic keytrack control for all oscillators that are linked to that pitch envelope, but we already have that control in oscillator section right below the waveform.
Is it normal? And if that's the case, is there any way to accurately make the envelope follow key (as keytrack control would)?
Practical case scenario, I have a sample with a drifting pitch and I want to correct it with the pitch envelope, but also be able to have the same "adjustment" across all notes played, which would mean having the speed of the envelope linked to keystrokes accurately (C4 would have double speed of C3, and so on).

Does anyone know of a way to make every drum hit ring out fully when playing them manually, without having to hold the key down for the duration of the samples?
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

tapekiller wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 am Hi Manuel, I was trying to adjust the speed at which a pitch envelope occurs to "correct" the pitch of a sample by hand.
I noticed that the keytrack knob (in the below ENVELOPE section) doesn't actually behave as an envelope-related control but rather as a generic keytrack control for all oscillators that are linked to that pitch envelope, but we already have that control in oscillator section right below the waveform.
Is it normal? And if that's the case, is there any way to accurately make the envelope follow key (as keytrack control would)?
Practical case scenario, I have a sample with a drifting pitch and I want to correct it with the pitch envelope, but also be able to have the same "adjustment" across all notes played, which would mean having the speed of the envelope linked to keystrokes accurately (C4 would have double speed of C3, and so on).
you still didnt notice that you have a modmatrix to assign such tasks, did you? ;)
Does anyone know of a way to make every drum hit ring out fully when playing them manually, without having to hold the key down for the duration of the samples?
yes thats easy, just go to the SYS Page and set DK midi note off stops sample to "no"

Thanks! I knew it had to be in there somewhere. I even looked in SYS, but I didn't really know what to look for, so my eyes glazed over it. This is a big help.

I know it's been a while, but I am still planning to get a video done for Cinematic 2. Some stuff happened that took me out of the game for the better part of a year. Just getting back to it now.
A heaping dose of outrageously goofy synth tracks, scores and chiptunes.

https://raddlandstudios.com
https://youtube.com/NorrinRadd22

msvs wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:26 am
you still didnt notice that you have a modmatrix to assign such tasks, did you? ;)
I did notice that there is a matrix right there and I am also very well aware of how the modmatrix works due to the extensive use I make of the synth and how complex/specific some of my patches are. The thing is that the modmatrix as it currently is simply isn't suit for the task because the generic assignment is not proportional to notes frequencies for obvious reasons, and I'm sure you know how note's frequencies work: they are not linear like any parameter that isn't Hz based, they are exponential just like cutoff controls and eq band controls.
Using a linear algorithm would result in having gradual increases across all octaves affected by the keytrack mapping (which, btw, isn't even fully adjustable, -100% only goes down to F-3 so 0's lowest value is F#-3) instead of anything that has a factor of 2^(n/12) or anything even remotely similar.
Integrated Keytrack controls such as filter keytrack work well because filters and eqs are based on the exponential scale but the generic keytrack mod wouldn't work for non exponentially weighted parameters such as the envelope speed (which BTW can't be really used for that task because of its value "steps" and consequent lack of accuracy).

Being able to set a modulation's behaviour as exponential could help, if we forget about scale tuning and other minor stuff, but we would face another issue: we currently can't set accurate min/max values in mod matrix, just a generic percentage that doesn't have any readout of the max value of what we're assigning, and the first direct consequence of this is that we have no way to predict when the max value of a parameter reaches the desired value (that would be an awesome feature to have, shouldn't be too hard to implement and the display is currently unused when we tweak ranges :wink: ).

I knew the modmatrix sadly can't fullfil the task, this is why I asked if it's normal for that keytrack knob (in the pitch envelope section) to touch something unrelated to that section rather than something more logical, like pitch envelope amplitude or speed. But even in the manual it says that it has nothing to do with it, which is a shame because the same thing could be achieved with a matrix control that goes from -100 to +100 in every oscillator's keytrack, and that control could have been something more useful and hard to map.

Probably it's mandatory for me to tell you to not take this post as an attack or anything like that, just in case...
I enjoy getting into more technical discussions because the synth is amazing and is very very capable even compared to other more mainstream synths, and it's a shame that Avenger doesn't get more exposure.

Expansion request Analog 2 and Worship expansion especially nice Pads and pianos and guitars now with the 1.5 on the way would be great to have a worship expansion again great job on the atmospheric expansion. Still waiting on Hip Hop 2 also and cinematic 3

tapekiller wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:56 pm The thing is that the modmatrix as it currently is simply isn't suit for the task because the generic assignment is not proportional to notes frequencies for obvious reasons, and I'm sure you know how note's frequencies work: they are not linear like any parameter that isn't Hz based, they are exponential just like cutoff controls and eq band controls.
But cant you set the curve of a modulation to resemble an exponential curve in the matrix?

Might not be precise enough for what youre trying to do but it might get you closer

the mod matrix does not have to be percentual, it can be set so "+" additive, also ;)

Return to “Instruments”