VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:46 pm
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:28 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:05 pm
Tappistry wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm
graspee wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm By the price will never change I think they meant that you wouldn't lose the ability to buy it for $49, it wouldn't go UP for BYOME owners.

BTW Semi-on topic there was a mailshot today, dunno if you got it but it says they are shaking things up and there are going to be lower prices and new partners.
UA has stated multiple times that the Triad upgrade price for BYOME owners was not going to be eligible for dynamic discounts.
Dynamic discounts is where you get money off for buying lots of stuff at the same time isn't it? I don't think dynamic discounts refers to monthly vouchers or opportunity vouchers like the one I just posted?
My understanding was that it wasn’t going to be eligible for any discounts at all, no monthly vouchers, dynamic, coupons, whatever.
Graspee posted an email earlier in this thread with a reply from PA saying the price for Byome owners would stay at $49 even after the opening sale and that people could wait until next month and use their vouchers.
Well, I guess I missed that. Even still, I think a little more transparency about that in an official email would have been appreciated.

What he said what I said.

Hi everyone,

New VST/VST3/AU public beta builds are here
Win Triad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k7suoecxc0qe ... 3.zip?dl=0
Win BYOME: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a6gni11um0k4 ... 3.zip?dl=0
Mac Triad: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt03o7fvnkpij ... 2.zip?dl=0
Mac BYOME: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hn00h6jgtbxy ... 3.zip?dl=0

These builds represent a massive effort to squash every crash bug, namely when changing or randomizing presets. One of our testers who was experiencing very consistent crashes was able to run these Triad builds while continuously changing and randomizing presets for over 20 minutes without a single crash.

Also:
-Ability to shrink interface scale. This should help people who are using Triad on laptops.
-Optimizations for RAM and CPU usage. These aren't super significant, but we have cleaned up a few places.

We haven't added in Wide Mode yet. We delayed LION and have been working exclusively on getting these crashes sorted out.

Thank you, Lizard !

:tu:

Thank you!
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Thank you Michael :)

Cheers UA people :)

No crashes after wildly cycling through a bunch of patches in Cubase 10.0.30 with the VST3. I did get a crash in the past. Too early to say anything definitively, but so far this looks like a winner.

With New VST/VST3/AU public beta builds
TRIAD VST 3 I have Crash Dump...only when I save the file and close the DAW. Presonus Studio One 4 Installer 4.5.1.52729
Presets.... Delays: DLY- Filter Pong,Factory Presets, Artists Oddiction GEN_SelfPattern-Odd....

Laptop HP Win10 Home V1903 18362.175 64 Bit, CPU i7-4510U@ 2.60GHZ, Ram 4 GB.
Nvidea GeForce 820M or Intel(R) HD Graphics Family-integrated graphics...
2 Monitors: 1 HP Laptop, 2 ASUS VX238 HDMI (1920 x 1080)
Interface Boss GT-1 (or Line 6 UX1)
With or without OpenGL it's the same thing = Crash Dump .
BYOME panel is open or closed it's the same thing= Crash Dump .

Thanks for the report. So, it's crashing when the DAW closes and not, say, mid-playback, preset changing, or randomization? I'll look into that, thank you.

thelizard wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:00 am Thanks for the report. So, it's crashing when the DAW closes and not, say, mid-playback, preset changing, or randomization? I'll look into that, thank you.
or just saving the file without closing DAW Studio One

Thank you Michael

John Feitor

They should have called it Tryome :party:

Just bought it as an upgrade from Byome. Really really nice plugin. The design is excellent as is the sound quality. They navigated some of the pitfalls of the layout they choose very well. Looking forward to some of the update ideas! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:01 pm They should have called it Tryome :party:

Just bought it as an upgrade from Byome. Really really nice plugin. The design is excellent as is the sound quality. They navigated some of the pitfalls of the layout they choose very well. Looking forward to some of the update ideas! :phones:
Bought it too now as an upgrade + voucher. Can i sell byome for 5 dollars now? :lol: :hihi:
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

J1F7it03 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:50 am
thelizard wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:00 am Thanks for the report. So, it's crashing when the DAW closes and not, say, mid-playback, preset changing, or randomization? I'll look into that, thank you.

Thank you Michael

John Feitor
Hi John,

I've been unable to reproduce this while testing with Studio One 4.5.1.52729 on Windows 10. I've been using the following steps:

1) Open StudioOne and create a new Song called "TriadTester".
2) Add a new stereo audio track.
3) Drag Unfiltered Audio Triad (VST 3) from the Effects browser onto the track's insert list.
4) Load either "DLY - Filter Pong" or "GEN_SelfPattern-Odd".
5) Save the project.

I've tried moving back-and-forth between those two presets, saving the project each time. I've also tried manually saving the presets from Triad. Let me know if there's anything else I should try for reproducing the crash.

If those steps look accurate, could you try replacing the presets with the ones from my computer?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wb3azml5yz33 ... s.zip?dl=0
I want to rule out a corrupt file or something similar.

thelizard wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:05 pm
J1F7it03 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you Michael

John Feitor
Hi John,

I've been unable to reproduce this while testing with Studio One 4.5.1.52729 on Windows 10. I've been using the following steps:

1) Open StudioOne and create a new Song called "TriadTester".
2) Add a new stereo audio track.
3) Drag Unfiltered Audio Triad (VST 3) from the Effects browser onto the track's insert list.
4) Load either "DLY - Filter Pong" or "GEN_SelfPattern-Odd".
5) Save the project.

I've tried moving back-and-forth between those two presets, saving the project each time. I've also tried manually saving the presets from Triad. Let me know if there's anything else I should try for reproducing the crash.

If those steps look accurate, could you try replacing the presets with the ones from my computer?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wb3azml5yz33 ... s.zip?dl=0
I want to rule out a corrupt file or something similar.

Hi Michael
I have a movie for you that shows TRIAD VST3 CRASH : https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlmoa4ou31ix9 ... 2.flv?dl=0

with your presets from your link = Crash Dump too..... :(

John Feitor

Return to “Effects”