One Synth Challenge #125: T-Force Alpha Plus 2 (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MorphedDreams wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:16 am
Eauson wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:15 pm
Weird, I'm 64bit as well :(
And I've installed a plugin, dont know which one which won't allow me to use 15 yr old nuendo.. Could try hollyhock :?:
Might try install, scan, shutdown, restart, otherwise its version 1, no midi keyboard, although I might try reaper virtual midi.
Fun doing everything with just a mouse, although the pitch bend works on my keyboard, so I might do lots of pitch bend for once :D :phones: :party:

Edit
Tried using tonespace as a pre midi device, has worked "YaY"

This is an acid baseline Beastie :phones: :tu: :party:
I have the same problem, Reaper won't load it, 64bit as well :(
In the package on kvr database for Tforce, there is a 32 bit version available of V1 which works very well, yes its not the most up to date version, however it works :)
Try that one, :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Weird plugin.
64-bit vst3 presets do not work.
I went back to vst2 and i could shut down the plugin without it taken down the daw, with use of jbridge.

I probably should mention that when the plugin shut down itself and the daw it was impossible to start the daw without a reboot. Tried to end the daw process, but it didn't let me do that.

I just copied the folder "T-Force Alpha Plus x64" inside the "64 bit VST2" folder from the zip file to my 64-bit VST folder (in my case c:\vst\64bit) and then when I start Reaper it finds it and all is just fine! I did nothing else and it worked.

I just opened the zip with 7zip, and dragged the folder … simples …

Hope this helps someone in a small way!

CPU-wise, no problems yet - i7 8700K, 32GB Ram!

dB

PS. I generally stay away from vst3 vsti's - so many have small issues due to interpretations and implementations of the vst3 "standard"!

My CPU is also "vintage" and CPU consumption kinda worries me, but at least this looks more inspiring than previous VST. Last month I started 3 different tracks, but they all died in lack of inspiration during creation process which rarely happens to me. This in other hand looks sort of unstable at the first glance, but is more immediate in terms of user experience.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

64 bit VST2 loaded without issue for me in (windows) REAPER x64.

the polyphony/reserve voices controls don't quite behave like they should, but when they work a monophonic instance is pretty okay on the CPU. When it doesn't, one instance playing one note consumes more CPU than my average MSoundFactory instance!
My laptop is not nearly as legendary as @DoctorBob's, so I'm a little worried about CPU.

at least I can customize the interface colors to look as vibrant and ugly as I desire.
I'll try to make something out of it, to celebrate my first full year (minus a month) of OSC'ing.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

I think I will skip this round as well. It is too CPU hungry on my current setup. I have three instances with simple percussive sounds (kick, snare, hihat). They consumes about 20% power when idle and 40-50% when playing. I'm not even dare to think about complex patches with layering and modulation.

It would be a shame to have three months without OSC...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Was anyone able to save and load presets? I saved a few VST2 presets 64 bit VST in Reaper and they are not loading at all.

Made a project in Reaper with two instances of Alpha Plus 2 on two seperate tracks. Didn't save the individual patches for neither of the synth instances but just saved the project as it should retain plugin settings. Opening the project again the patches are wrong and the synth is bugged as one of the patches for some reason opens with the built-in reverb enabled until I go to the effects tab and enable and disable the reverb.
(Using VST2)
Playing with synths. Making out of fashion sounds come out.
https://soundcloud.com/existalgia

@SirKen Using the VST2 version, and you would think that saving as VST2 preset was the thing to do - like you I find this fails.

But, save as "vst3preset", this works.

Also, I find that with Reaper, saving a project, closing it, and then re-opening it brings everything back as it should. No issues with reverb in the fx section either.

dB

Submission

Sorry for all the faffing around

17 instances of T force Alpha Version 1, possibly less ;)
All sounds from init
More details to follow

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-t- ... pha-v1-kvr

There must have been a reason for this version, so I'm gonna stick with it :D
Last edited by Eauson on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Hm, Reaper 10 windows on the vst2 64bit version with no issues. I can't believe there is already a submission!

functionform wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:01 pm Hm, Reaper 10 windows on the vst2 64bit version with no issues. I can't believe there is already a submission!
Too buggy to play with, got it over and done with :D

Have tried 4 instances of this VST(vst 2 version) on my latest FL Studio (win 10 x64/Core i5 processor 7th gen/8 gb ram), random VST crashes galore (had to reload the project, every time to make it work).

One more issue that I face is, some of the loaded VSTs returns to default preset on reloading of the project.

So far, this has been extremely buggy for my system with high CPU usage even at idle.

Will still try to create something out of it, If it works.

Too buggy to play with, got it over and done with :D

Haha, that is good tactics.Finish it fast before it explodes:D might try that one

I couldn't get a consistent kick sound out of this, which is a problem since sampling isn't allowed... even when enabling retriggering on osc1 and setting all drift values to 0, some kicks play with an audible click while others have a soft transient. Anyone have success with this? I could create a track without kicks but frankly the synth doesn't inspire me to jump through hoops...

Return to “Instruments”