ES-8 USB broken ?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Os,

I've just installed a brand new ES-8 in my case and it seems it got broken almost immediately...

At first I got it to work:
- in OSX, the computer saw the ES-8 and I could set up an aggregated device
- with the CV toolkit in Ableton, I was then able to send a LFO signal to output 1 (I saw the light modulate with the LFO). However, without plugging anything to my case, I started to ear a noise (interference?) and I unplugged my case after 15 seconds of earing it. Then I plugged it back, but the USB upper light didn't light up and the computer doesn't see the ES-8 anymore. I tried different USB ports, cables and an iPad, but the ES-8 doesn't seems to communicate with USB anymore... The lower light still works, but the module is not responding.

I verified the module is well connected to the case power. The case is the new 4ms POD48X, so I noted the ES-8 fits just flush, but I didn't overtight the knurlies...

Thank you for your help !

Alex from Montreal

That's unfortunate. I guess your first port of call would be the store where you bought it - see if they can swap it.

Thank you Os, I swaped it for another one and it seems to be working well !

Don’t know what the problem was, but it seems it was just a faulty unit.

Cheers !

Hi Os,

I'm sorry to inform you that the second ES-8 unit failed as well: at first it worked and I enjoyed the unit for a couple of days, and without any hiccup the usb connection stopped working (the upper light wouldn't work with any device / cable / port)...

I trust your products based on the numerous happy customers, but it may point to an incompatibility with the new 4ms pods...? The pod48X I tried it in was barely deep enough (technically 4ms states that the max module depth is 50.8mm)... Maybe when patching cables it forced something in the ES-8?

Anyway, I'll will wait for new experimentations with ES-8 the day I'll have another case!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”