Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Wow this needs to be put on their facebook!!!!!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:08 am Wow this needs to be put on their facebook!!!!!
if you mean what I posted, then someone else will have to do it, as I do not use Facebook.

But yeah, I feel like this should be a known position of theirs so that people can make informed decisions about their purchases.

I'm bummed because I really like the 303 and would want to consider it as one of my 2 keepers at the end of the subscription year, but not if it won't work right with all my tools.

I dont know if this has been asked, but for the subscribers, do you have to stay online to use the software or can it be used offline?

Elektronisch wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:26 am I dont know if this has been asked, but for the subscribers, do you have to stay online to use the software or can it be used offline?
According to the FAQ on the Roland Cloud website:
Do I have to be online to use the instruments?
You have to be online to initially authenticate the instruments, but after that you have seven days before you need to be online again.

I can't get presets/banks to save with Sub-Outs enabled with the TR-808 within Ableton 10. This occurs in both Audio Unit & VST3 versions. Does anyone else have this problem? I have a custom drum rack made for the 808, but I have to go in and choose Sub-Outs every time I load it. The TR-808 plugin by itself loaded into a track also will not default to Sub-Outs when preset/banks are saved with subs enabled. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

PS/ Already reached out to Roland Cloud & they simply told me that sub-outs are saving for them.

Chaps, can anyone give me an update if any of these synths will be out in 2019/2020, according to Roland?

Roland Jupiter-4 / 6, Juno-6 / 60, JX-8P / JX-10 / MKS-70, JD-800 / 990, Roland XV modules, RS-202 / 505, VP-330 / SVC-350

Nobody knows.

OK, thanks! I remember they used to post on their FB page, hinting or teasing what synth may come up next. probably dropped that routine.

Stringzy wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:53 amRoland XV modules
Already out - it's what the JV-1080 and SRX plugins are.

Has anyone tried automating 303? I tried to automate filter cutoff, but it started "swallowing" note slides when ever there is knob movement. Notes are cut too early. This happens with both Studio One and Logic.

I expected the jd 800/990 alreayy out :( man.... so disappointed
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:28 pm I expected the jd 800/990 alreayy out :( man.... so disappointed
To be completely honest, I ended up making the jump and have a hardware JD990 and V-Synth right next to me. I'm sure Roland Cloud will someday have these guys out: it could be tomorrow, it might be literal years from now. There's unfortunately no way of knowing and I could always just sell it down the road if/when that time comes.

Even when it happens, maybe I prefer the tactile approach of using the hardware over whatever GUI they end up using. It might seem odd when patience is a virtue, but I've been lusting for a JD990 for who knows how many years and consider it one of, if not the, best sounding synth ever made. I love it THAT much and it may very well take RC several more years to come with how slow they are. By then, I would have made many songs with it :phones:

Shiek927 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 am
Caine123 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:28 pm I expected the jd 800/990 alreayy out :( man.... so disappointed
To be completely honest, I ended up making the jump and have a hardware JD990 and V-Synth right next to me. I'm sure Roland Cloud will someday have these guys out: it could be tomorrow, it might be literal years from now. There's unfortunately no way of knowing and I could always just sell it down the road if/when that time comes.

Even when it happens, maybe I prefer the tactile approach of using the hardware over whatever GUI they end up using. It might seem odd when patience is a virtue, but I've been lusting for a JD990 for who knows how many years and consider it one of, if not the, best sounding synth ever made. I love it THAT much and it may very well take RC several more years to come with how slow they are. By then, I would have made many songs with it :phones:
I hear you :) i sold my jd990 i just couldnt get into using Hardware.... im just too used to vsts i guess. But i so love the synth.... ahhhh i need one again

Shiek927 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:33 am

Be sure to check out Don Solaris JV page
http://www.donsolaris.com/
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

My Roland Cloud app (mac) seems to be shafted. Get's stuck on "Starting up please wait". Have uninstalled & reinstalled etc, but no cigar. Anyone else come across this?

*edit
Magically started working again.
Last edited by db3 on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”