New Ryzens and DAWBench.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

as most ppl using DAWs use other things than huge amount of Kontakt libs to create sounds I wouldnt say to ppl to stay away from AMD.

I understand if you mainly use Kontakt you should get what is best for that. As reported AMD TR still works fine with Kontakt, its just not as efficient as it is working with "realtime calculation"?
And AMDs TR are much better than Intel on that side. Atleast at latencies at 128 or above.

Where did you read about CCX design being the cause of the Kontakt/memory limits?

As games also have had issues, which are not really showing in all of todays benchmarks on youtube with 3000 series, I stay hopeful.

He's just spreading this on all AMD oriented threads and he just assumed so you could consider it as spam.
I get that some people are fanboys, but that doesn't do anyone any good.

The gaming benchmarks place it on the same level with Intel, but for multithread workloads, AMD is way ahead and without taking price into account, right now, AMD is the better choice if you are gaming and doing other stuff too, like video editing. When you put price into balance too, it's really obvious what to choose. I'm really curious what the daw results will be.

As you said, some people are fanboys..
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Kaine wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm The test is looking for the total amount of processing that can be done within a given ASIO cycle, so it's possible the weakest (slowest) core just brought the rest down quicker than your expecting...
This sounds like an important thing in general. Realtime playback is going to dropout once only one core fails to calculate its stuff in time, be it because memory access wasn't fast enough or be it because calculations were to heavy. So, dozens of cores won't save us from this, something to keep in mind.

ZentralmassivSound wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 am
Kaine wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm The test is looking for the total amount of processing that can be done within a given ASIO cycle, so it's possible the weakest (slowest) core just brought the rest down quicker than your expecting...
This sounds like an important thing in general. Realtime playback is going to dropout once only one core fails to calculate its stuff in time, be it because memory access wasn't fast enough or be it because calculations were to heavy. So, dozens of cores won't save us from this, something to keep in mind.
And this is the point

About memory allocation and similar issues

"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

poshook wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 am
ZentralmassivSound wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:38 am
And this is the point
Yes, this is the point with the crappy Intel i5-8400 with only six cores/six threads. Kaine was answering to my question about the very bad scaling in performance of that Intel processor.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 am About memory allocation and similar issues
May update could explain random crashes I'm getting recently, pretty much every day :help:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 am May update could explain random crashes I'm getting recently, pretty much every day :help:
There is a new chipset driver released: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets ... t-am4/x470
It's easy if you know how

DJ Warmonger wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:03 amMay update could explain random crashes I'm getting recently, pretty much every day :help:
It's way less stable than 1809 and 1803, certainly.

scanaudio pete responded at GS forum (Home > The Forums > Music Computers > Ryzen 3000 series)

:shock: Booom

Very interesting read. 3900X at higher buffers does sound impressive. So does the 3700x infact.
On a side note, will be seeing an updated configuration for a 3XS AMD system ie more than 32 gig ram as current and x570 motherboard options?? Oh and also Samsung Evo pro m.2 as a choice?

Yes, absolutely. I was hoping to have this finished earlier in the week and specs already updated, but things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped. I'm not 100% happy with the tuf board, the DPC is higher than I prefer and whilst it got me through testing I'm not overly keen to start plugging in tons of extra hardware into it.

So, next week I'm doing some board testing and then will update the spec to reflect it. Given the results I plan to do a few different models, they are clearly going to be popular for a while!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”