Analog 4 + Octatrack

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a while since I got the gear out and had a play so I revisited and finished this piece.
Something a bit slower this time

Synths Used:

Elektron Analog 4
Octatrack

Drum samples from Roland TR8s and MFB Tanzbar 2
Synth sounds direct from Analog 4
FX coming from A4 + OT

https://soundcloud.com/robleemusic_1/el ... ack-nebula

Sounds great! Nothing like dusting off something from the vault and refreshing it.

yellowmix wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:18 pm Sounds great! Nothing like dusting off something from the vault and refreshing it.
Thanks mate I'll post some more stuff soon :tu:

I didn't know my headphones could emit that kind of low bass sound! Thats the thickest bass I've heard in these cans. I fancy its a bit too thick in the mix for my taste though.
Loved the intro.

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:33 pm I didn't know my headphones could emit that kind of low bass sound! Thats the thickest bass I've heard in these cans. I fancy its a bit too thick in the mix for my taste though.
Loved the intro.
Using DT990 pros here sounds good on these but maybe a little bass processing later then.
This was just recorded direct to Ableton I'll have a look at it tonight.
Cheers for the feedback though its always welcome mate 👍

Rob

that is some nice low end 8)
maybe too much for phones but on monitors sounds ok to me :shrug:
nice clear mix overall too, everything sitting nicely.

good work indeed :tu:

I'm comfortable with the bass. ATH M-40X, not very expensive cans. :)
I don't think they're boosting it much. Nice fat sounding thing, don't castrate it.

Great sound. Intro is catchy but I am wanting to hear more progression throughout the song it didn’t take me anywhere so far.

I think you could also use more compression n fix the synth sounds a bit jumpy still.

Good job buddy.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Bass is fine. Wouldn't mind it if you shared the kick.

vurt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:08 pm that is some nice low end 8)
maybe too much for phones but on monitors sounds ok to me :shrug:
nice clear mix overall too, everything sitting nicely.

good work indeed :tu:
Thanks Jan, Vurt and Skyfall72

What I did with the bass was to layer a sampled tom from Tanzbar 2 in Octatrack with a bass sound I programmed on the Analog 4 to give the low end some oomph.. it's definitely more noticeable on headphones than on my KRK's

@Skyfall72

Yeah the progression could have been more indeed. My error was not programming a second pattern variation the the Analog 4 oops. Basic compression was used on the master track on the Octatrack.
If I had externally processed this track then I'd maybe had better results but I just played this live.
I'll be experimenting more with the Elektrons this week, already did another this afternoon, will upload later to Soundcloud. (House 121bpm)

@Jan

Good advice there I won't castrate it hehe

@Vurt

Thanks mate I appreciate that

Rob

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:17 pm Bass is fine. Wouldn't mind it if you shared the kick.
It's from a sample pack I made but haven't released. Layered Kick (Tanzbar 2 Kick + Tanzbar 2 Low Tom) I loaded the pack in to Octatrack, all the drum sounds are just what Iv'e sampled from my hardware. I'll sort some Kicks out for you when I'm at home at my desk tomorrow mate.

Rob

Thanks! Sound reinforcement not unlike layering a trombone under a French horn for a braaam.

Return to “Music Cafe”