Massive X - the thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Nick ... time ...etc

fisherKing wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm seriously, here's my kvr epitath:

banned from kvr in 2019, fisherking proceeded to get 4 times as much work done :D
It’s spelled “epitaph,” for any future readers.

There's a really great chrome plugin that can be used for that. I use it, KVR is on my work block page. So, when I start work, I have to go for 25 minutes before it gives me a five minute break to read KVR. (not working now :)

There’s really not a lot more to say about MX at this point; we’ll have to see what next steps the developers take.

As my last feature request, I’d like to see all the knobs festooned with little, dangly animated spider legs, I think that would provoke an interesting reaction during use.

realtrance wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:00 pm There’s really not a lot more to say about MX at this point; we’ll have to see what next steps the developers take.

As my last feature request, I’d like to see all the knobs festooned with little, dangly animated spider legs, I think that would provoke an interesting reaction during use.
Who knows, maybe they're saving that important little GUI update for Halloween? :shrug:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Really thinking that the plan NI has for Massive X and likely other new and/or updated instruments is to lean heavily on the Komplete Kontrol environment as the primary place for preset browsing

Might not ever see a change to Massive X's own browser if so.

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:27 am Really thinking that the plan NI has for Massive X and likely other new and/or updated instruments is to lean heavily on the Komplete Kontrol environment as the primary place for preset browsing

I'm not sure how much I like that idea. I'm new to the the Komplete Kontrol environment. It might be great, but I think I'd like to retain the option of easily operating a synth without relying on Komplete Kontrol.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:27 am Really thinking that the plan NI has for Massive X and likely other new and/or updated instruments is to lean heavily on the Komplete Kontrol environment as the primary place for preset browsing

I thought that too but the fact is they have to at least make it capable of creating patches that have tags and organise them into banks because while you can tag in KK it's very clunky and organising banks is impossible without being a developer (unless they expect only pro content developers make banks).

It's a good synth,
nothing more that u-he/serum/anysynth has in 2019.

I live in germany, but sometimes I feel myself having a really bad time understanding german humor.
I'm talking about the crossgrade price, why do we even need one if it's 149€?

I don't get it.

Then about the pricing policies, let´s say MX is like what 200€? if you put for example a Monark in top of it are 300€ while Komplete 12 costs 599€.

As if someone walks into a car dealer company, "this car would be 50.000€, and that one for your wife 25.000€, but if you buy the whole f. parking lot with 50 cars it will make 99.000€"

It makes totally sense buying single plugins and not having a 220GB living graveyard on the hard drive

/phun

My assumption: They assume that many people will get it with Komplete 12, and that Massive X was a big factor for the decision to get Komplete 12. And, secondly, they assume that people will get Massive X on Black Friday, or similar sale opportunities.

xanderevo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am It's a good synth,

I live in germany, but sometimes I feel myself having a really bad time understanding german humor.

I don't get it.

Then about the pricing policies, let´s say MX is like what 200€? if you put for example a Monark in top of it are 300€ while Komplete 12 costs 599€.

As if someone walks into a car dealer company, "this car would be 50.000€, and that one for your wife 25.000€, but if you buy the whole f. parking lot with 50 cars it will make 99.000€"

It makes totally sense buying single plugins and not having a 220GB living graveyard on the hard drive

/phun
you can wait for a 50% sale on single plugins, or buy them second hand (when the komplete upgrade sale is available, NI product price on kvr goes down).

chk071 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am My assumption: They assume that many people will get it with Komplete 12, and that Massive X was a big factor for the decision to get Komplete 12. And, secondly, they assume that people will get Massive X on Black Friday, or similar sale opportunities.
people buying it as a single product are more willing to wait for a few updates so the products get close to a real release version.

FYI: I reported the fact that MX requires mouse movements about double the 'standard' length to move knobs etc from 0 to max value on the NI website.

NI is going to look into the issue.

xanderevo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am It's a good synth,

I don't get it.

/phun
I upgraded to K12 for $99 to get Massive X... I have not installed 90% of Komplete. You have the choice what of that 220GB you want to install.

xanderevo wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am this car would be 50.000€, and that one for your wife 25.000€
If your wife OK with this? :clown:
(It's often the wives that have the final decision on a purchase...)

Return to “Instruments”