Massive X - the thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

For some minority of users, the installer (native access)
is not stable, and can wreck a purchase, and thus make future
purchases requiring native access uninstallable until fixed.

Because native access auto-updates, without an option
to keep a currently working version, switching from
the happy majority, to the damaged minority can happen
with a mouseclick.
Keep your luck well backed up :wink:

Apps you don't want to install, you don't click on install and apps you don't want to update , you don't click on update.
:shrug:

If you can't handle that, than you don't want to do custom installs.
For example Tones kicks everything in the directory you specify without making a specific directory per application.
So, if you specify your main vst directory without manually creating a directory for your application, he kicks the 'root directory' of your plugins full with a whole lot a files, making a mess of things. And that's just one application.
That also comes with more control: that you can mess things up.

So it's a trade-off. The installer of NI works fine. You can't specify a custom directory for a Kontakt library (I have most of them on my D drive), but it's pretty easy to move them afterwards.

You forget that you can't start native access, without
triggering an available auto-update.

If there is a way, or a successful workaround,
I'd love to read about it.

So for the minority who temporarily can't launch native access,
any chat about custom installs, and insistance
that native access works fine, is absurd.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:48 am Just to be clear :hihi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_SCLyHiSfg
Wait... so harmonics are not aliasing? It's not what they told as in 'youtube academy of sound engineering, dsp and acoustics'! Shocking! :wink:

Been saying that since pretty much the beginning this popped up...

Damn influencer and misinformer these days. ;)

You would think that would settle things, but Sadowick is in the comment section of that video, still insisting that with Massive X "theres [sic] band-limiting problems everywhere".

No matter how many times I've seen people poke very logical holes in his wild assertions, I've never noticed Sadowick admit to making any errors in his videos that allege aliasing problems in Massive X. He just seems to dig in deeper, every time flaws are pointed out in his videos.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm
You would think that would settle things, but Sadowick is in the comment section of that video, still insisting that with Massive X "theres [sic] band-limiting problems everywhere".

No matter how many times I've seen people poke very logical holes in his wild assertions, I've never noticed Sadowick admit to making any errors in his videos that allege aliasing problems in Massive X. He just seems to dig in deeper, every time flaws are pointed out in his videos.
post truth era. just dig in, enough people will think you're being censored and continue their support.
see q-anon.

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm
If it sounds good, it's good? Massive X sounds very good to me.

Actually some of the classic digital harwdare had aliasing despite of band-limiting and yet it sounded good (and still does). I'm not really good at analysing synths, identifying aliasing and other "mathematically incorrect" behaviour but isn't it ultimately a part of what defines the character of a synth? (Something which is IMO lacking a bit in the modern generation of soft-synths).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Deja vu

Yes, these aliasing debates are recursive and perpetual
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

:hihi:

recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 pm Yes, these aliasing debates are recursive and perpetual
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm
recursive one wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 pm Yes, these aliasing debates are recursive and perpetual
Thank you, Recursive and Perpetual, for providing a beautiful example of "life imitating art"! :hihi:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:16 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm
Thank you, Recursive and Perpetual, for providing a beautiful example of "life imitating art"! :hihi:
What were we discussing again...?

Return to “Instruments”