VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

Aliasing. :hihi:

chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 pm Aliasing. :hihi:
i have several.
being an international spy and hand model, it's part of the job.

I just read that the aliasing is probably being caused by the AVX instructions. The vectoring operations, while faster, aren't as smooth as non-vectored operations. Processing eight bytes at a time leads to stepping in the processing stream that manifests like a discontinuity. It's not hard to understand, basic calculus really.

Based on that I would expect NI to release a non AVX variant soon, bonus, pre-AVX macs are most likely going to increase in value as a consequence. If you haven't upgraded to dual hex-core xeons, I'd do that now before this information becomes more widespread.

:lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:49 pm Aliasing. :hihi:
i have several.
being an international spy and hand model, it's part of the job.
Hand model? I just hope you're not constantly stroking yourself with a eerie self-loving gaze like this lady:

:hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er59Pqynx_c
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

well no one else will stroke me :cry:

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm I just read that the aliasing is probably being caused by the AVX instructions. The vectoring operations, while faster, aren't as smooth as non-vectored operations. Processing eight bytes at a time leads to stepping in the processing stream that manifests like a discontinuity. It's not hard to understand, basic calculus really.

Based on that I would expect NI to release a non AVX variant soon, bonus, pre-AVX macs are most likely going to increase in value as a consequence. If you haven't upgraded to dual hex-core xeons, I'd do that now before this information becomes more widespread.
Just wait till all the Mac users find out there's no aliasing in the Windows version! :hihi:
GlenVision.com

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:58 pmwell no one else will stroke me :cry:
I feel your pain. The struggle is real. :cry:
GlenVision.com

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm I just read that the aliasing is probably being caused by the AVX instructions. The vectoring operations, while faster, aren't as smooth as non-vectored operations. Processing eight bytes at a time leads to stepping in the processing stream that manifests like a discontinuity. It's not hard to understand, basic calculus really.

Is this for real? Where did you read this?

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:09 pm

He's clearly joking.

jsp1979 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm

He's clearly joking.
:party: me → :idiot:

Dude...no... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Dude...no... :hihi:
:party: me → :idiot:

Genius! :clap: :love:

This is why we need AVX3 ASAP.

Jesus. The kool aid drinkers sure are eager to pass off any criticism of this train wreck of a product release as nothing more than "doesn't work on older Macs" and some Youtube bozo's possible misapprehensions about aliasing.

Return to “Instruments”