The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mathematics wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm I woke up, still pensive about DSM V3. It's almost a slap to the face of those that own V2. They better make the upgrade free for us. I think I'm going to write them about that.
it won't be free (Dirk answered a similar question on the facebook group)

waltercruz wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:02 pm
Mathematics wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm I woke up, still pensive about DSM V3. It's almost a slap to the face of those that own V2. They better make the upgrade free for us. I think I'm going to write them about that.
it won't be free (Dirk answered a similar question on the facebook group)
The only link I pull up regarding the DSM V3 is this:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... oser=false

Maybe there's another post that I missed. I think if it were to be granted, that will really say something truly magnanimous about PA. Oh well.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

PA's routine is rarely smooth. This month I got my voucher a little earlier. A €50 one instead of the regular €25 vouchers I've been receiving (one time, I got a €75 one, valid one day only - no discounts that day, so I didn't bite). But instead of having discounts before the monthly voucher is sent, this month PA hasn't had any yet AFAIK. So, despite the early voucher, again I'm a little anxious about getting a chance to spend it on a discounted product I have use for.

Shouldn't they aim for a smoother experience, marketing wise?

Mathematics wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:39 pm Maybe there's another post that I missed. I think if it were to be granted, that will really say something truly magnanimous about PA. Oh well.

But I think that the upgrade will be around $50, that will make it effectively free to everyone with the $50 voucher.

waltercruz wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:56 pm But I think that the upgrade will be around $50, that will make it effectively free to everyone with the $50 voucher.
omg...you're such a light at the end of a dark tunnel. Lol. Nice one. :clap:

cptgone wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:03 am PA's routine is rarely smooth. This month I got my voucher a little earlier. A €50 one instead of the regular €25 vouchers I've been receiving (one time, I got a €75 one, valid one day only - no discounts that day, so I didn't bite). But instead of having discounts before the monthly voucher is sent, this month PA hasn't had any yet AFAIK. So, despite the early voucher, again I'm a little anxious about getting a chance to spend it on a discounted product I have use for.

Shouldn't they aim for a smoother experience, marketing wise?
Exact same thing happened to me. I just started getting $50 vouchers but the $75 voucher you got what, I think, only a $50 for me. Same thing...I just let it pass because even with the voucher, everything was priced high. Frankly, I have all the most sought after plugins PA offers (mostly) and so IF I was going to buy or upgrade anything, it would have to be something non-redundant or something that I absolutely use religiously, like the VSM-3. Omg...I love that plugin...SO MUCH.

I hope they really make a good impression and make the experience worth spending the money.
Yes, I'm :hyper: too!

PA made a little mistake. The prices for their new plug-ins seem to have been up on their site for a while. This is what's been reported by several people :

- Focusrite CS : $349,-
- SHMC : $299,-
- DSM V3 : $299,-
- Purple 77 : $249,-

Nothing known about intro or update pricing tho.

(disclaimer : didn't find this myself, got this from GS and FB, several sources)
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:46 pm PA made a little mistake. The prices for their new plug-ins seem to have been up on their site for a while. This is what's been reported by several people :

- Focusrite CS : $349,-
- SHMC : $299,-
- DSM V3 : $299,-
- Purple 77 : $249,-

Nothing known about intro or update pricing tho.

(disclaimer : didn't find this myself, got this from GS and FB, several sources)
The "new" PA looks a lot like the old PA.

Holy crap...those are insane prices! $349! I guess their strategy to promote business could be to make a sharp comparison to the subscription price by charging insane perpetual prices? $14.99 - $19.99 now seems more reasonable but even then, I'm not into the subscription model. I'll just start using another developer's plugins because I start paying a subscription. Else, I just won't buy any more plugins and just use what I have or change the style of music? Heck, I'd even do something more drastic.

Yeah 349 is the normal price for their other channel strips too. So i'm really not surprised by that.
More BPM please

My surprise was from the message that Dirk sent saying something like the new discounted prices are going to be a permanent thing. So much for that.

i hope they lose the white background.

I‘m soooo nervous what will be disclosed tomorrow, I will hardly be able to sleep! :help:
My Deal of my Lifetime coming! :party:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Return to “Effects”