RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

exmatproton wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pmI miss really only 1 thing per layer to be honest; an extra filter. I don't mean the insert filter, but a full blown second filter per layer. Other then that, this thing is finished for me.
Not really enough place for it. There is a concept to add an "advanced mode". Instead of just setting the filter/insert there will be a third option name "Quad" or something, which adds a stack of four settable per voice inserts. Similar in control to the FX stack (including sorting). I hope it will be added some day :D
dermage wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:03 pm Not sure if asked before, but can't you automate/modulate modulation depth in the matrix?
Not possible for now. Most of the time you can automate LFO or Sequence Level, or envelope sustain and so on. It's not planned to modulate automation depth, but there will be an additional "via" or modulation mapper, which will address this in another way.
dentnile wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm I found the skin files, they are at the location that opens when you select menu > theme > browse.
Right. You can unzip these packages. Edit the images and zip them again (don't compress, just save). Runtime colours can be defined in style.ini. Don't forget to edit the name in meta.xml, so it really shows up as additional skin.

---

@Rapid Users:
Has anyone of you played with PM/AM from Oscillator? Didn't get much feedback for it, even though it's basically a three operator FM module with a lot of new possibilities. Show some presets if you like : D

parawave wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 pm
exmatproton wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pmI miss really only 1 thing per layer to be honest; an extra filter. I don't mean the insert filter, but a full blown second filter per layer. Other then that, this thing is finished for me.
Not really enough place for it. There is a concept to add an "advanced mode". Instead of just setting the filter/insert there will be a third option name "Quad" or something, which adds a stack of four settable per voice inserts. Similar in control to the FX stack (including sorting). I hope it will be added some day :D

@Rapid Users:
Has anyone of you played with PM/AM from Oscillator? Didn't get much feedback for it, even though it's basically a three operator FM module with a lot of new possibilities. Show some presets if you like : D
@filter; that would be cool.

@pm/am; yeah!! I love it and almost always use it. No issues/bugs, so i guess that's why you haven't heard a lot.

parawave wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:49 pm @Rapid Users:
It's amazing. A totally flexible 3 operator synth per layer.

It sounds good, what else to say :) I use it a lot for various psytrance-styled FM-ish sounds.

Not sure if it's an appropriate thread for this but if you ask for examples :) The sound that starts from 0:08 in this track is made with PM from osc ("floating" metallic sequence - it's not a sequence actually, it's long gated sound, and the sound that comes from Rapid is almost unprocessed)

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/i ... -landscape
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:32 pm
It sounds good, what else to say :) I use it a lot for various psytrance-styled FM-ish sounds.

Not sure if it's an appropriate thread for this but if you ask for examples :) The sound that starts from 0:08 in this track is made with PM from osc ("floating" metallic sequence - it's not a sequence actually, it's long gated sound, and the sound that comes from Rapid is almost unprocessed)

Sounds great!

recursive one wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Some nice Psytrance you got there!
Nothing against audio examples, as long as it's Rapid related and not annoying (in evey post with shameless self advertisement) or absolutely amateurish : )

Your example is good, it shows Rapid in a musical context. Could be more of that. Not many producers show their "secret" tools.

parawave wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:29 pm Your example is good, it shows Rapid in a musical context. Could be more of that. Not many producers show their "secret" tools.
Thanks, glad you like it :)

Actually it's not the only Rapid sound used in the track, some of the pads/leads/other stuff also are Rapid. In fact I have few instances of Rapid in each of my projects, I have 4-5 synths which I always use and Rapid is one of them.

Sounds rich and well ballanced. Great tune and love all those little fx sounds. You feel the efford in that tune.
Interesting that it sounded so clean cauz soundcloud is the biggest crap on earth with their over-compression.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

some years ago i ask support about this. soundcloud use 128 kbit for streaming. but when you upload with 256 kbit(the quality i hear no stereo width loss) then if download option is available on song the song can download and have full 256 kbit quality. it work really because i have some DTS Neo 6 surround encoundet tracks upload on soundcloud. with play they sound crappy as hell but download them they sound as my 256 kbit upload.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Sorry to stay off-topic but... I remember when Soundcloud appeared, as the first real alternative to Myspace, and everybody was like "woooooow, the sound is pristine !!!!!"... :lol:
Now we realize... :P
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm Sorry to stay off-topic but... I remember when Soundcloud appeared, as the first real alternative to Myspace, and everybody was like "woooooow, the sound is pristine !!!!!"... :lol:
Now we realize... :P
they changed their encoding format / parameters several times though. It was better sounding some years ago.
Also soundcloud does no sound-changing stuff besides compressing it. Most others will normalize it to their standard, afaik Soundcloud does not do it yet.

ReboundAudio wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:54 pm Sounds rich and well ballanced. Great tune and love all those little fx sounds. You feel the efford in that tune.
Interesting that it sounded so clean cauz soundcloud is the biggest crap on earth with their over-compression.
Thanks, mate :) Well, actually the mastering engineer and me have put quite a bit of efforts into tailoring it to soundcloud's palyback. The first mastered version sounded good elsewhere but soundcloud was adding some quite nasty distortions to the high end, so we had to make few revisions of the mix and the master before we both agreed that the soundcloud playback was acceptable (AP, if you are reading this by chance, thank you for your efforts and patience, you did great job!)

From my experience, soundcloud not only compresses the audio, it can do some real damage to high end, so if you use some kind of harmonic exciters to add "sparkle" to hihats or the whole mix be prepared to some unpleasant surprises.

Sorry for going off-topic too far :oops: Btw, Mirko showed some really awesome new reverbs for Rapid a while back, any news?

PresetMagician does not work with rapid! NKS is just a nice option as the workflow is like having a workstation keyboard with all of your presets macros in the board, less fiddling with mouses. More organic in NKS format. A simple message to https://freelancesoundlabs.com/ would solve this situation,he's excellent at NKS libraries, as mentioned to you on facebook group.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:43 pmA simple message to <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://freelancesoundlabs.com</span>/ would solve this situation,he's excellent at NKS libraries, as mentioned to you on facebook group.
Thanks for the hint. I have seen the message on facebook too. We got our hands on the NKS SDK, and to be officially considered a NKS plugin it needs approval of NI. Can't make promises, but if we got stuck in the process we consider it.
recursive one wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:22 pmSorry for going off-topic too far :oops: Btw, Mirko showed some really awesome new reverbs for Rapid a while back, any news?
The new reverb models will be part of 1.7.0. They're called Nuclear, Solar, Nova and Space.
From short to long. With "Space" being a very wide and smooth reverb.

@Development:
New as well - It will be possible to set the modulation depth directly at the target. There will be a small routing icon. If you hover over it, the routing entry in the bottom matrix will be highlighted.
modulation depth.png
Much quicker to find the corresponding routings. It was suggested by multiple users. Now here it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by parawave on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

for a moment i thought it was released ;)
but sound cool look forward to it especially for the reverb

Return to “Instruments”