Care to list your Plugin Alliance gems?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am new to PA, for the most part, and own the soundtoys and eventides suites, as well as a good collection of waves and softube plugins. I’m thinking, for the first time of doing the subscription with PA. It would be great to hear which PA products you feel really standout.

I've got a couple, the ones I use most are Black Box HG-2, Elysia Phil's Cascade, Elysia Nvelope and bx_delay_2500.

MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

bx_stereomaker - can sound good, full mono compatibility,
bx_subsynth - good controls, extensive functionality,
bs_townhouse - "warm" SSL bus comp, usable interface with the latest update,
elysia_nvelope - unique transient designer that can sound musical and unobtrusive,
Lindell_354E - surprisingly "clean" sounding 3-band comp,
Schoeps_Mono_Upmix - best at creating stereo room out of mono source,
UA_G8 - great functionality.

I’ll be selling mine soon for way cheaper than 1 months subscription.

simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm I’ll be selling mine soon for way cheaper than 1 months subscription.
Is that due to you being depressed and ailing? If so you have my sympathies and you should seek help and medication. Stay away from cliffs.

Otherwise you’re turding-up my thread like a pre-teen who was given his first computer and internet access.

Why worry about turds? Astroturf is easy to clean.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

uraniumbilly wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 pm
simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm I’ll be selling mine soon for way cheaper than 1 months subscription.
Is that due to you being depressed and ailing? If so you have my sympathies and you should seek help and medication. Stay away from cliffs.

Otherwise you’re turding-up my thread like a pre-teen who was given his first computer and internet access.
Haha! Priceless.

Yeah, fiasco with this transition notwithstanding.. if you don't own any, you're getting a lot of cool stuff ;)

If like experimenting with sound design, you're gonna love the Unfiltered Audio stuff.
There's a lot of great saturation and compressor. HG-2 is amazing, Phil's Cascade, the bx_consoles (THD screw).
I don't like bx_subsynth much, but bx_subfilter goes on anything with bass.
LTL Chop Shop is another bass weapon and otherwise a fine tilt-eq.
SPL VItalizer is pretty unique and useful.

The SSL E & Audio Metric AB are super useful to me. I have most of their plugins and these are the most used. SSL E is great on drum tracks and the AB helps dial in a mix by allowing me to reference other tracks easily. Opto Compressor is also nice on bass. I use master Desk when I just want a quick volume boost when making mix CDs for people.

Odd way of spelling "that's interesting, maybe we can make a deal now?"

simmo75 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm

Haha! Priceless.
I think this little thread demonstrates with clarity who truly happens to be the turd.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I don't think the subscription is worth it. Horses for courses though - it might good for some people.

The Brainworx consoles (excluding the Focusrite FC, as I've yet to demo), HG-2 and amp sims are all very good. Especially HG-2.

Unfiltered Audio's plugins are surprisingly good and useful. SpecOps and Sandman Pro stand out for me.

Noveltech Character - my secret weapon on vocals and acoustic guitar
bx_refeinment - It actually works, and there´s nothing that does the quite same thing
bx_control - great utility
Dent/indent - All the distortion you need (Karacter is also nice)
Triad - for making things interesting
Opticom XLA-3 - Makes everything fatter
spl twin tube - Keep coming back to this when I need something to be brighter and edgier
Mono Upmix - Really unique plugin if you often mix mono sources (ex drum overheads).

I use some of their amps a lot too, like BX-megadual and GAV19T.

An honorable mention goes to Vitalizer which is still a mystery to me, but when it works it really is magic.

G8 - awesome, er, gate.
Opto compressor - lovely on bass
Stereo maker - works well
Townhouse - one of the best SSL buss compressors

If you're into ampsims, Bassdude is great.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Return to “Effects”