REASON 11 - Round the corner?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think Reason becoming a VST is incredibly unlikely. Considering its complexity, I doubt it could be ported to VST (or AU or AAX) format.

Reason becoming a VST would perhaps create sales to non-Reason users, but also gives Reason users impetus to try out other DAWs. Reason as a rack-style VST with multi-in and multi-out seems odd to me and just as clunky as Rewiring can be. It's kinda modular, it's really not. I don't see any clear advantages to do so, there are a lot of risks, and the technical complexity makes it even less likely.

I upgraded from 4 to 10 since it was the same cost as Europa, and to say I approved of adding VST support. But I had abandoned it long ago and I don't think there's anything they can do to bring me back (happy with my current DAW and tools). So perhaps keep creating interesting VST synths and plugins that come with the upgrades. If those synths and plugins were exclusive to Reason, no, I don't want to be stuck in Reason in the first place.

I love Reason. But I don't know or care much about the update. If it happens, awesome. If not, oh well, I like it the way it is.

yellowmix wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 amReason as a rack-style VST with multi-in and multi-out seems odd to me and just as clunky as Rewiring can be.
Kontakt is another multi-in and multi-out VST. Useful for people who want to save on resources. But you can also just use several instances if that is easier and you got the CPU and RAM to spare.

I think Reason 11 will introduce us something special. Also some workflow improvements maybe too...

I would prefer to see them make Reason Compact into something that actually resembles Reason (or at least rename it if they don't intend to do that).

Who knows when Reason 11 will be released - they just released a point update, so I can't imagine it's going to be soon.

I don’t really care anymore. Reason is pretty complete as is at v10. The only thing they can add are workflow improvements but nothing major.
Last edited by v1o on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:58 pm I don’t really care anymore. Reason is pretty complete as is at v10. They only thing they can add are workflow improvements but nothing major.
I have some similar feelings. Just don't f...k it up and I'm fine ;)

I'd be happy if they kept everything the same and added some functionality to resize everything in the main window

Oh, most definitely. But after doing this since forever I've given up on that really happening. I've chased features a lot and it's just mostly a waste of time and money.

I started Reason with 8, skipped 9, got back into it with 10 and unless it's a game changer, I'll likely skip 11. I don't need anymore synths! Now, if they redo Kong to be like Impact XT, that would be a game changer for me.

Virtually all of Sweden is on vacation during the summer. I seriously doubt 11 is "around the corner".
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:29 pm Virtually all of Sweden is on vacation during the summer. I seriously doubt 11 is "around the corner".
August is just around the corner. I'll bet we'll see an announcement next month and release in september.

You can't tell much by looking at the list below either (from Wikipedia), but I think that we will see a 10.5 before 11 is coming out, otherwise I think they would have called 10.4, 10.5 instead, but that's just my theory. So I think 10.5 will be released between September and December this year, followed by a version 11 next spring, or even autumn.

Reason 5 Aug-10
Reason 6 Sep-11
Reason 6.5 Mar-12
Reason 7 Apr-13
Reason 8 Sep-14
Reason 9 Jun-16
Reason 10 Sep-17
Reason 10.1 May-18
Reason 10.2 Sep-18
Reason 10.3 Apr-19
Reason 10.4 May-19
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I’d be happy if reason didn’t create loads of id8s when dragging in midi files.

:dog:

Just make the gui HDPi ready and I will be happy.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”