Fragile Gods - "Days Without End"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mozex wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 pm Good song and good vocals!
Thank you. :)

Nice work, full of good ideas and an inventive arrangement, and a nice clear mix. Only thing that was bugging me a bit is the drums where you have the heavier kit (is it Steven Slate, 'Old Zep' kit? f**king drums bore! :hihi: ) where I was thinking you've got this hewge sounding kit and it sounds like the drummers tapping away on it. For those sections I reckon the reverb then OTT full kit compression for that push/pull sound would work nicely (think 'Army Of Me' by Bjork, or indeed Ver Zep!).

Skyfall72 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 pm This is en excellent work it managed to keep me listening til the end.
Few things tho, the kick needs bit more weight and body plus female vox a bit boxy.

Well done friend.
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

I am calling the mix done even if it is far from perfect. :clown:

I like it !
I heard a more mellow bass in my head, like a round wound P-Bass.
The way it is, the bass takes too much high frequencies
and fights a bit with the other elements,
but it´s all a matter of taste of course.
As an 80 bass it works :-)

(( D ))

Benedict wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:24 am I'm with Wag, more please.

My greatest advice would be to work pas the fear in your voice. You have a character voice so be proud of it and really let it out instead of having us hear that worry get in the way of the song. Get there and you're 110% better without buying Serum or a new compressinator.
If you look at the lyrics on Soundcloud, my vocals are trying to depict a character trapped living in a dark, empty days. You may be interpreting this as fear but I am trying to convey the desperation of the character.

Thanks for listening and commenting. :)

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:30 pm like the vocals very much. musically: great. enjoyed it!
Thank you! :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:02 am I've listened to a number of songs of yours through the years, and from what I remember, this song has the strongest vocals yet; excellent! From what I remember, you do the male vocals; who does the female vocals? Has she worked with you for long? Instrumentally, it sounds very good also. Sounds very 80's, which is fine by me. Audio quality is very good. Excellent job! :)
Yes, that's me and Aika Zabala who did the vocals on this and my three previous songs. Glad you enjoyed the vocals and the instrumental. Thanks for your comments. :)

enroe wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:45 am "Days without end": I enjoyed your song from start to end. The chorus-vocal-melody is short and stays in one's mind. So your song has this "hit"-character and wouldn't be forgotten immediately.

Also your video: You created a whole story around it - in black-white. What I like most is the end with broken fragments beeing flushed by the waves. :tu:
Glad you enjoyed the song!

The video is excerpted from a 1943 film called "Meshes of the Afternoon" so I can't take too much credit although editing it down to 4 minutes was a challenge. I also liked the rather startling use of the broken mirror especially since it was reminiscent of another one of my videos "Greatest Misses."

Frederick -- fantastic work all-around. The vocals are reminiscent of someone that i can't place my finger on but still, wholly creative and unique and thanks for sharing your work.

Knowing there are artists out there that still care about their work gives me hope. :)

Sorry I'm late to the party!
I enjoyed it and the music went very well with the film. As others have mentioned, your vocals sound fantastic.
I agree with DT that the drums could have some more weight. But the drums don't necessarily sound out of place.

Thanks for sharing!

Frantz wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:55 am I guess if the B-52s morphed into a dark synth band, it would sound something like this.
I think this captures it! The blend between the vocals is great, and the harmony adds a bit of humanity to the classic Fragile Gods dark industrial-sounding instrumental.

The song ending with echoing vocals is great, and reinforces the theme in a way.

Moe Shinola wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:13 am I like the gravelly voice of the male singer, the backing track might be a little clean, could do with some distortion. Not much, though. Overall a good tune.

EDIT: Oh, that's your voice singing the lead. Ok, yes it's nice. Reminds me of the Covenant guy, who's voice I like. The female voice is a nice touch.
Yep, the male voice is me. I am happy to be compared to that Convenant guy who I think is one of the better vocalists in the EBM/futurepop genre.

Glad you liked it. Thanks for commenting Moe. :)

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:59 pm Nice work, full of good ideas and an inventive arrangement, and a nice clear mix. Only thing that was bugging me a bit is the drums where you have the heavier kit (is it Steven Slate, 'Old Zep' kit? f**king drums bore! :hihi: ) where I was thinking you've got this hewge sounding kit and it sounds like the drummers tapping away on it. For those sections I reckon the reverb then OTT full kit compression for that push/pull sound would work nicely (think 'Army Of Me' by Bjork, or indeed Ver Zep!).
Glad you liked it DT. :)

The drums are all from BFD3. I don't recall the kit names. I lot of the synth sound in the verses is coming from a weird Icarus patch that I made. It felt like it needed a bigger drum sound to help fill up the empty spaces. I realize it is a bit strange and not going to be to everyone's taste.

(Sorry but I don't like the drums on "Army of Me." :clown:)

drumity wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:51 pm I like it !
I heard a more mellow bass in my head, like a round wound P-Bass.
The way it is, the bass takes too much high frequencies
and fights a bit with the other elements,
but it´s all a matter of taste of course.
As an 80 bass it works :-)

(( D ))
Glad you like it. Feedback regarding the bass is noted. Thanks!

Liked it. At points the tune gave off vibes of Bowie, NIN, Kraftwerk and Genesis. Interesting mix of styles.

Love the groove beginning about 1:00.
Dug the vocal harmonies.

Return to “Music Cafe”