The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I left the Facebook Group. There were a lot of comments written by extremists trying to discredit the wonderful job Dick is doing. It was very depressing.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aloysius wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm I left the Facebook Group. There were a lot of comments written by extremists trying to discredit the wonderful job Dick is doing. It was very depressing.
That sounds awful ... are you ok?

I've been hiding in my safe space since yesterday. Thank you for your concern.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:hug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Aloysius wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:32 pm I left the Facebook Group. There were a lot of comments written by extremists trying to discredit the wonderful job Dick is doing. It was very depressing.
That sounds awful ... are you ok?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

You should see the GS PA thread. First 100 pages from 3 or 4 guys bragging about the 80 or 90 plug-ins they bought on sale and how PA is the best company on earth, now followed by 50 pages from the same guys complaining that there will likely be no more sales and PA is now the worst company that ever existed.
I don't know whether to laugh about it or feel sorry for them.
More BPM please

lnikj wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm The FB group is what I imagine a Scientology group is like.
I don't even know who Dirk is, but yeah, that shit is scary!

Brand loyalty is so cult-like.

elxsound wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:12 pm
lnikj wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 pm The FB group is what I imagine a Scientology group is like.
I don't even know who Dirk is, but yeah, that shit is scary!

Brand loyalty is so cult-like.
Introducing Dirk... :hihi:

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

:lol:

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 pm I don't know whether to laugh about it or feel sorry for them.
It's hilarious! That's what happens when you piss your customers off, bad move. :D

Also, I'd highly recommend the Facebook group. They are getting smashed every time someone tries to give them a compliment. It's popcorn heaven!! :lol:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

The thing that has always confused me about people is how much they like chaos and fighting.

Some people are like "they are pissing the customers off" and others are saying "your all just whining and being distruptive"

Who's actually right? I mean, they guy is pissing me off but the overall complaining is largely unwarranted as well :shug:

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 pm The thing that has always confused me about people is how much they like chaos and fighting.

Some people are like "they are pissing the customers off" and others are saying "your all just whining and being distruptive"

Who's actually right? I mean, they guy is pissing me off but the overall complaining is largely unwarranted as well :shug:
The truth is always somewhere in the middle. I think that half of the complainers will be subscribing in a few months. :lol:

I'm not a big fan of PA (understatement). Don't like their lack of updates/bugfixes and also think that most of their plug-ins are mediocre, too expensive for what they do, and easily replaced. I also had some bad experiences with them in the past. But as many other brands they also have some good stuff. Just not enough for me to start a PA subscription. For me the Slate sub is much better.
More BPM please

Somewhere in the middle is good. And I agree, I really am happy with my Slate sub and use much of it.

Agreed ... somewhere in the middle. It must be hell trying to figure out a strategy that works in this climate. $29.00 bucks is the new standard like or not and that may just not be enough for some developers to hang in there. I do use several of the plugins that I bought from them as mentioned in the other thread. I just don't think they got this right and they have been messing about with pricing so radically with deals and promotions that you just can't take their baseline pricing seriously and they have lost credibility because of it.

I don't hate them and I don't enjoy the trolls here either. It is sport for some people. I want them to succeed. I love much of the stuff I have bought from them and their vouchers early on were really appreciated and well used. I thought that they had a nice balance in the first couple of years. I also respect their development process... updates don't come often but they do address major issues at least in my experience.

I suspect for new audio nerds the subscription service options are attractive. I own my plugins but I have spent a lot of money on them. A couple of hundred bucks a year that you can apportion and get some damn fine tools is likely a good deal for some.

Return to “Effects”