Sugar Bytes - Factory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Factory

I just did a few quick, unscientific tests and it doesn't seem too bad to me. I timed each one initialising into an empty project. Here's what I got -

Analog Lab - 7 sec
Equator - 7 sec
Factory - 6 sec
Iris 2 - 6 sec
Massive - 5 sec
ArcSyn - 5 sec
DUNE 3 - 4 sec
RePro 5 - 2 sec
Odyssey - 2 sec
Tyrell N6 <1 sec

What I noticed was that as I went on, the synths got faster and faster so I did Factory again at the end and it loaded in 2 seconds. So I restarted Orion and tried again and got the same 2 seconds result. Then I tried ArcSyn and it was 2 seconds as well. Even Equator and Analog Lab were much faster at 3 seconds. Weird, huh? I assume that the first few got some RAM allocated which later instantiations were able to utilise more quickly. Or something. Anyway, it confirmed my suspicions that Factory isn't that slow for me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Just for your info, I tried Equator and Factory on my system (2010 mac pro 12 core 3GHz, Logic 10), took 2.25 s for both in the fresh project. :phones:

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 am I love this thing! I was mucking about with it last night and stumbled upon the little factory animation on the Settings page for the first time in ages. I'd never really looked at it before but its awesome! Probably not quite as good as the game in Cyclop but it's so cool that Sugar-Bytes does that kind of stuff.

Of course, it's also wonderful in that it is so well laid out and easy to use. When you look at it, it is actually very simple but what it is capable of is nothing short of incredible, thanks to someone putting a lot of thought into making it the way it is.
I think SugarBytes go under the radar (even here) because they lean into the more experimental - even though most of their kit sounds perfectly fine for mainstream productions. I love Obscurium but I never know what's going to come out of it.

(And Oscurium seems to have fixed the bugs using third-party vsts from within - it's an awesome experimental sequencer tool that's not really advertised much as such; I don't even use it enough. Last time I had it running with a Diva patch that was insane.)

+1 and Turnado and Looperator. Egoist is also fun! :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:39 pm Just for your info, I tried Equator and Factory on my system (2010 mac pro 12 core 3GHz, Logic 10), took 2.25 s for both in the fresh project. :phones:
And you Mac is running what specs? With my Core i5 and 8GB RAM, my times are pretty good, I reckon.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

goldenanalog wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:34 pm
Fleer wrote:Factory is a large download, though, much larger than Obscurium for example. That's why I guess it won't be ported to iOS.
I dunno - these days: some of the downloads in iOS-land are pretty large, Fleer!

- And SB's ports are pretty direct; as opposed to say: Virsyn - who has done several iOS reinventions/interpretations of their desktop ip, in addition to a few iOS-exclusive apps (ex: Addictive Pro)

I would love to see a full-featured port of Factory to iOS (SB certainly could) - that would be a fantastic addition to an already wonderful bunch of synths that play in iOS world -
iOS Version of Factory is out today:). It’s a wee bit over 400mb download. IAP unlock full version / AUV3 = $19 (Which isn’t too big by iOS standards, some apps and games push 2gb — definitely why I opted for an ipad with 512gb ssd)

Easily the best sounding and arguably most powerful synth on iOS now. Love it!

Yes!!! You were right, goldenanalog :tu:

Now what about Obscurium for iPad ...

I don't own an iPad but what is the difference between it and the PC version?

Factory is on sale (57 % off) at Audio Plugin Deals - waited so long for this :wheee:

dandezebra wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:36 am I don't own an iPad but what is the difference between it and the PC version?
I think they’re pretty close, as you can exchange presets between both.

I bought Factory app for computer.. This is a brilliant well designed product

Demoed it again 2nd time cause i love sugar bytes' stuff but i still dont like the sound of it :/
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The deep, alluring beauty is already showing in the presets when you purchase. There’s a way to try these in the demo by hitting the random button.

angelonyc wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:28 pm I bought Factory app for computer.. This is a brilliant well designed product
Indeed :) It has several kinds of oscillators and the modulation matrix is both practical and easy on the eyes to see what's going on in the sound. Of course the sound is top notch. Very detailed sound.

I really need to invest my time in mastering it together with Aparillo. They are from my go-to synths as I always feel inspired using them. Great synths :)

I should use both Factory and Cyclop more but, for some reason, I never think of them. I also bought Guitarist recently but I haven't spent much time with it yet. When I get my new laptop next week I might look at ways of putting them more front and centre because I really like both their sound and the workflows they offer.

Return to “Instruments”