Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are of course DAWs these days that allow the creation of chord tracks (Studio One and WaveForm that I know of),
Haven't used S1, but the problem in Waveform is I have to create the chord track there. Can't just load a midi into the chord track. Shame, cause its tools to work with chord track, are not bad for sketching...

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 am Hi David,

So single notes stay as single notes?
Triads stay as triads?

If I was to put a horrible performance with notes all over the place then what happens?
How about one not so horrible, then what happens? Does EZkeys make some effort to to make sense out of the mess?

Or perhaps wait for me to get it and find out for myself?

On the usability question: Yes.
I did like start and near the end of your song on the video.
Whatever you bring into EZKeys, theres only two things EZKeys can do with it: Change the chords, or swap in a different performance. It doesn't remove notes or add them, just shifts them in pitch to match the chords when they change. I guess it can shift between straight and triplet feels, but beyond that it's not going to "auto-correct" anything.

David wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:29 am Hi David,

So single notes stay as single notes?
Triads stay as triads?

If I was to put a horrible performance with notes all over the place then what happens?
How about one not so horrible, then what happens? Does EZkeys make some effort to to make sense out of the mess?

Or perhaps wait for me to get it and find out for myself?

On the usability question: Yes.
I did like start and near the end of your song on the video.
Whatever you bring into EZKeys, theres only two things EZKeys can do with it: Change the chords, or swap in a different performance. It doesn't remove notes or add them, just shifts them in pitch to match the chords when they change. I guess it can shift between straight and triplet feels, but beyond that it's not going to "auto-correct" anything.
So it seems that three notes must start exactly at the same time to be recognized as a chord by EZkeys. Not a deal breaker. The ability to instantly hear variations is where EZkey shines. Correct?

Thanks for the explanation.

"So it seems that three notes must start exactly at the same time to be recognized as a chord by EZkeys. "

Not at all; it'll analyze anything, i.e., take a crack at "making sense" of whatever you import by proposing a chord progression that fits it. I meant that it won't change it to make MORE sense. But as soon as you give it new chords, it'll change pitches (but not timings) to suit the new ones, based on how it interpreted the chord tones and changes in what you gave it. If you want to PM me or post here a zipped MIDI file, I'll happily toss it into EZkeys and show you what it comes up with.

^^^
Will like to hear comments on this release:

hyakken wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm Hello,

I just released version2 of HY-SeqCollection.

Format:
VST2(32/64bit) for Windows
VST2 and AUv3(64bit) for Mac
*AUv3 version is only for Logic user.

Price:
$55 (free update for version1 user) / free

System Requirements:
Win : Windows7 or higher
Mac : OSX 10.9 or higher

Main Features:
  • 6 sequencer engines(Acid, Dark, M5816, Step16, Hexa, Euclid)
  • 4 modulation signal generators and 8 macro controls
  • Drag and drop modulation assignment
  • Midi FX (9 effect type)
  • Midi Recorder
  • Sequencer pattern snapshot
  • Randomizer
  • Re-scaleble interface
Intro discount until July 30th on KVR marketplace and ADSR store.

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/
Please check it.

^ ^ ^

Instant buy.

(Why? Too cool not to! Every one of the listed features is reason enough for me to want to explore this, in pretty much the same order of interest as the list is ordered; I'd only shift the MIDI recorder up a notch or two, and put the easy self-modulation at the top.)

^^^
Midi Looper
Architect
EZkeys
and now HY-SeqCollection 2

About $250
Oh, What to do,
And four more months till Black Friday.
But
I do like to work with midi.

I don't think HY stuff can do poly arps yet. Last I checked dev said no.

Well, checking out the HY demo is certainly a no brainer—rare that something like this even HAS a demo, bravo HY! Doing that now, and it's fascinating, really deep and powerful. IOW, without a lot of time spent learning it, it's basically a randomizing device:)

And the FREE version is wonderful! Don't miss…

I check some HY-SeqCollection videos but not Version 2.
I was not immediately impressed with the musicality of output.
I suppose I prefer to work with chord progression.
I will wait for further comments from you and everyone else and then decide.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... Collection+

You HAVE to at least try the free version! I'm finding it very musical, and quite deep, plus you can easily record it while you change scale and other parameters…

Try the demo versions too. Only slightly crippled.

HY stuff is fantastic. The MPS2 sequencer is my personal favorite, but they're all worth checking out. And the free versions are amazingly good, regardless of price.

^^^

Wow! what a list. Thanks!
Will save this for when the need of midi files arrives.

Return to “Effects”