IK Multimedia T-racks Tape Machine Collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Tape Machine Collection

peter.m.junior wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:11 pm These are so subtle... Maybe it's my old ears, but when people A/B "on" and "off", I can hardly tell a difference.

Am I the only one? What qualities should I be listening for?
Listen how transients get smoother, dynamics get punchier, highs get silky and lows more defined and powerful. Also, the overall mix balance sounds more natural and kind of tangible and alive. I especially like these qualities with the model 80 and 99. Haven't heard such highs from a plugin before...
Also the imaging aka soundstage is dramatically improved. :phones:

Indeed! :tu:

adl wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:49 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:11 pm These are so subtle... Maybe it's my old ears, but when people A/B "on" and "off", I can hardly tell a difference.

If you have the time watch the video from this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUvYYuCI6Vs&t=577s

He does a pretty good job explaining for what to listen to exactly. Helped me a lot to really see / hear what they are doing.
Great video. Jeezo knows so much more than that nitwit Unders. Between him and White Sea they're ruining future audio engineers.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:01 pm
peter.m.junior wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Listen how transients get smoother, dynamics get punchier, highs get silky and lows more defined and powerful. Also, the overall mix balance sounds more natural and kind of tangible and alive. I especially like these qualities with the model 80 and 99. Haven't heard such highs from a plugin before...
Also the imaging aka soundstage is dramatically improved. :phones:
This is definitely a great observation that I think even we didn't hit on enough (though it should become apparently whilst demoing I hope!). Thanks!

jbarish wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:48 pm White Sea
RU serious? That guy is a doof.

reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it??? :hihi:

jbarish wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:00 am
reggie1979 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:16 pm
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it??? :hihi:
Maybe not, but any chance to rag on that guy is good enough for me!

[quote=reggie1979 post_id=7448073 time=1562028816 user_id=430585

Maybe not, but any chance to rag on that guy is good enough for me!
[/quote]

+100000000000 :tu:

This is really generous of you guys, I really appreciate it :D

One thing I would like, is ability to resize the UI a bit. I would like if there was an option to resize 110% and 125%.

SiliconDeath wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:14 am
This is really generous of you guys, I really appreciate it :D

One thing I would like, is ability to resize the UI a bit. I would like if there was an option to resize 110% and 125%.
The GUI is resizable.

...If you also own one of the T-Racks 5 packages. That unlocks the resizing ability.

Yes, if you have T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe, or T-RackS 5 MAX. I've passed along resizing comments as well as suggesting that we also include one of those versions in any upcoming relevant promotions. Thank you.

yeah it should have a option for realtime quality and rendering quality.. x1,x2,x3,x4 etc .. real time.. in a project it is impossible to use.. the sound it is pretty good ¡

It took me 20 min to register at the Custom Shop. My login data works on the IK website but not in the Custom Shop. I tried to change the password which didn't work (an error message came from the website). The only solution was to reset the password and take the new one from IK. So I could finally log in to the Custom Shop. The experience with the Custom Shop is still bad. Not to mention that all plugins have been installed instead of only the ones where you have a license/trial.

CPU consumption is unfortunately exorbitantly high. It seems almost as if internally similar technology as from Acustica Audio is used. "Taupe" needs almost as much CPU.

The sound is ok and it also sounds like a tape for me but I would need a different workflow and would have to render stems/groups to work with the high CPU consumption on my i7.
In the end I've uninstalled the complete custom shop thingy and I'm still very happy with VTM.

lasteno wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:04 pm yeah it should have a option for realtime quality and rendering quality.. x1,x2,x3,x4 etc .. real time.. in a project it is impossible to use.. the sound it is pretty good ¡
+1 this is a big limiting factor of the product. it would be easy to implement and on- and off-line render setting and this would solve this problem so more people can use these emulations. very strange IK didn't implement it since it would result in more sales.

Return to “Effects”