bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah. Just like with u-he's plugins, you simply delete the "installed" files.

ENV1 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:44 am Pretty sure its still the same in z3ta+2 too.
Correction: It aint.

Its been completely removed from V2, only the Great Spirit knows why.

(It almost seems that for everything they have added they have removed something else.)

So its great in the original z3ta+ but in V2 they apparently thought 'who needs that' and eliminated the whole thing.

so the bottom line with this synth is that it sounds good, depending on what you've bought from PA its expensive, and its a cpu hog?

... and the name is a bit naff.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:D

Just downloaded the trial. While it won't totally replace Arturia SEM V2 in my collection, it'll sit nicely along side it as one of my favorite synths.

Do you own bx_Oberhausen?

I have finished a set of patches for the synth together with Stephan Baer and we discovered a bug, which affects not only our patches but the entire factory library. See the vid below playing one of my patches. The issue: Reverb damping is not loaded with any of the patches so the damping is always at 0% even though the knob displays otherwise, this, until you touch the knob. If you own the synth, will you confirm please?

Apparently, Plugin Alliance customer support couldn't care less. They cannot recreate and won't let me talk to one involved with the Oberhausen either. I could write pages up and down regarding my rather bad experience with their support, but... well. That's off topic I guess. :)

A good example from the factory library is the 'Stranger Bass' by Airwave, load it, play and then just notch the reverb damping 1% and play again. Let me know if you can re-create, please.

https://youtu.be/PZIFa-uBL24
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am Do you own bx_Oberhausen?

I have finished a set of patches for the synth together with Stephan Baer and we discovered a bug, which affects not only our patches but the entire factory library. See the vid below playing one of my patches. The issue: Reverb damping is not loaded with any of the patches so the damping is always at 0% even though the knob displays otherwise, this, until you touch the knob. If you own the synth, will you confirm please?

Apparently, Plugin Alliance customer support couldn't care less. They cannot recreate and won't let me talk to one involved with the Oberhausen either. I could write pages up and down regarding my rather bad experience with their support, but... well. That's off topic I guess. :)

A good example from the factory library is the 'Stranger Bass' by Airwave, load it, play and then just notch the reverb damping 1% and play again. Let me know if you can re-create, please.

Yikes, yes I can confirm this. Easy patch to notice this on is "Perc Sequencer". Crazy... I think this is one of the reasons that I usually globally disable effects on this synth. I'm using the latest Logic Pro X in Mojave. And even more frustrating because I would LOVE some Luftrum patches for this - one of my favorite preset designers! I've submitted a bug report to Plugin Alliance.

abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:28 am
Luftrum wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am Do you own bx_Oberhausen?

Yikes, yes I can confirm this. Easy patch to notice this on is "Perc Sequencer". Crazy... I think this is one of the reasons that I usually globally disable effects on this synth. I'm using the latest Logic Pro X in Mojave. And even more frustrating because I would LOVE some Luftrum patches for this - one of my favorite preset designers! I've submitted a bug report to Plugin Alliance.
I wonder if users realize that this makes many of the factory presets sound completely wrong... I was thinking the built-in effects were awful in many cases, but this glitch is a big part of that.
Last edited by abernathy on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 pm I wonder if users realize that this makes many of the factory presets sounds completely wrong... I was thinking the built-in effects were awful in many cases, but this glitch is a big part of that.
Yeah, it is very unfortunate. Not a single preset from the factory library, using the reverb effect, is sounding as it was designed as. I would think that would be a crucial fix to be sorted as fast as possible - but apparently they don't agree (it's been a month since contacted their support) so I am really glad you opened a ticket too.

I had a bad experience with their customer support... probably the worst I have experienced in the industry, sorry to say. First they acknowledge it's an open issue already given to the developer team, then they (the frontdesk supporter) questions that the bug even exists and tell me he cannot reproduce. Then they update Oberhausen to v1.1 (from 1.0) a few weeks after without the issue being fixed and at all time you are stuck with their strictly protocol-following, spiritless and unresolving frontdesk support without being "allowed" to speak with a person involved with the programming of the synth itself. I am seriously concerned with their support and it will be the last time I leave my footprint in any of their products. Rant over! :)

When that is said, let's hope they get it sorted as soon as possible after all... for the existing customers. I won't release a set of patches for a faulty synth.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Confirmed this with Reason 10 on macOS Mojave. Knob position is stored, but the actual value is not.

Also saved patches in Reason’s native patch storage system, and it’s not saved in that format either.
Last edited by DJMaytag on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AU, OS X Mojave, Live 10 - it's happening here too.

Luftrum wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:22 pm
abernathy wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 pm I wonder if users realize that this makes many of the factory presets sounds completely wrong... I was thinking the built-in effects were awful in many cases, but this glitch is a big part of that.
Yeah, it is very unfortunate. Not a single preset from the factory library, using the reverb effect, is sounding as it was designed as. I would think that would be a crucial fix to be sorted as fast as possible - but apparently they don't agree (it's been a month since contacted their support) so I am really glad you opened a ticket too.

I had a bad experience with their customer support... probably the worst I have experienced in the industry, sorry to say. First they acknowledge it's an open issue already given to the developer team, then they (the frontdesk supporter) questions that the bug even exists and tell me he cannot reproduce. Then they update Oberhausen to v1.1 (from 1.0) a few weeks after without the issue being fixed and at all time you are stuck with their strictly protocol-following, spiritless and unresolving frontdesk support without being "allowed" to speak with a person involved with the programming of the synth itself. I am seriously concerned with their support and it will be the last time I leave my footprint in any of their products. Rant over! :)

When that is said, let's hope they get it sorted as soon as possible after all... for the existing customers. I won't release a set of patches for a faulty synth.
It might be worth posting your experience over at the Plugin Alliance Facebook group, Dirk will read then. Actually, it might be Dirk who approves posts to the page.

Already posted. I have 3 other posts waiting for approval though.

It's the 'New Plugin Alliance' don't ya know...
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Return to “Instruments”