DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:34 am Attached is a ZIP containing a Windows batch file that will convert *.DI2 to *.SF2 (it also contains an analogous batch file that converts *.SF2 to *.DI2).

Just unzip the contents of the thread to a temporary folder. Copy the "bbe.exe" and "all_di2_to_sf2.bat" files to the folder with the DI2 files you wish to convert, and run the "all_di2_to_sf2.bat" to convert all the DI2 files in that folder to SF2 files.

The analogous "all_sf2_to_di2.bat" batch file can be used to convert all SF2 files to DI2 files. It does the same thing as the batch file I uploaded in a previous post in this thread.

Included in the ZIP file are a few custom DI2 files which you can use to test out the converter batch file before using it to convert the DI2 files that ship with DMS Ascension.
tonedef71, is a pure GENIUS!!! thank you so much my friend :tu:

Someboy else having problems to download the 9gb library file?

alvfaria wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:41 am Is anyone else having problems trying to download the 9gb library file?
Some of us did, including me. Check out my earlier post to this thread to see how I overcame it on Windows: earlier post

BTW: Just noticed that this post is my 1000th post on KVR... happy anniversary to me!
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You can celebrate it here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=511650&hilit=Celebrate
Started that thread for exactly that purpose...; - )

Unless I'm doing something wrong, the way that presets are loaded is so counter intuitive, it destroys workflow. You can't just skip from one preset to the next?
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I created yet another track using Ascension for the sounds; the drums are handled by Addictive Drums 2. The track was composed during the long Fourth of July weekend (shortly after binge-watching season three of "Stranger Things" on Netflix). It is written in C Lydian Sharp 6 with a short excursion into G Major for the bridge.

Even if I were never to use Ascension again on another track, I still think I got my money's worth from the purchase of this virtual instrument.

https://soundcloud.com/tonedef71/the-fourth-of-july
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I did automatic update windows 10,
after that,
Ascension is not load license file.
demo mode now.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am I did automatic update windows 10,
after that,
Ascension is not load license file.
demo mode now.
Same here. It happened after the Windows 10 1903 update. It was authorized and working fine before that.

Anybody find a solution to this issue ?

I've sent a support request to Plugin Boutique which is where I purchased the plugin.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Downloaded the trial, but it misses the init2.dv file. And that white noise burst is hilarious. Absolute hilarious.

I actually had some fun with Ascension when I first bought it and I only paid $15 so not a big deal but I would like to have it authorized again so I could have another play........ :shrug:

And yes the demo noise is maddening as I found out today trying to get Ascension to load it's .asl authorization file.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi,
Would you try this,
delete the "license.dat" and re-generate the license file.

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\CubicAudio\Ascension

This location has "license.dat",delete this file.
After that,Re-generate a authorize file in cubic audio web page,and import on Ascension GUI.
Maybe problem clear :)
VST Mappings for Bitwig

OMG is Ascension a cubic audio synth? xD

Original developer is Cubic Audio.
and Plugin Boutique shows the activation link is "https://cubicaudio.co.uk/licensing/index.php".
VST Mappings for Bitwig

strovoknights wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 am Hi,
Would you try this,
delete the "license.dat" and re-generate the license file.

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\CubicAudio\Ascension

This location has "license.dat",delete this file.
After that,Re-generate a authorize file in cubic audio web page,and import on Ascension GUI.
Maybe problem clear :)
Thanks I may try that but I want to hear from Support first. The real issue is that the Machine ID should not be locked to anything that a Windows 10 update can break.

For the record I had to reauthorize my XLN plugins as well since they were seeing my studio computer as being a whole new system. Again those plugins were working just fine before the 1903 update. Nothing else changed on that system, no new hardware etc.

So far those are the only ones I've noticed but I haven't tried loading all the plugins I own. It's kind of Windows 10's fault but again locking a Machine Code to some Window's component is probably not a good idea since no one wants to be forced to reauthorize twice a year or more......... :?

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:04 pmAnybody find a solution to this issue ?
I've sent a support request to Plugin Boutique which is where I purchased the plugin.
I have the same win10 1903 demo mode issue, which could not be solved by getting/importing a new license file.
So I went to this page which seems to be by DMS as it has their social media accounts linked and the "buy" button forwards to PB:
https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact

No reply as of now.
Will let you know when that changes.

Toodle pip.

Return to “Instruments”