Zone by Audiaire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Earth Sounds Expansion Zone

db3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 pm Thought I'd take another look at Zone, but the demo killed my Live 10 (mac) twice within 5 mins. Once changing preset, once changing quality setting.
Very strange. We’ve never had any reports of “killing” anyone’s Mac with the demo. Also with iLok it’s not possible to install the trial twice. How did you install and authorise your demo twice? We’ve had several thousand demos successfully installed and not had this reported. If through splice, check you were using v1.1.5

Sharooz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:42 pm
db3 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:19 pm Thought I'd take another look at Zone, but the demo killed my Live 10 (mac) twice within 5 mins. Once changing preset, once changing quality setting.
Very strange. We’ve never had any reports of “killing” anyone’s Mac with the demo. Also with iLok it’s not possible to install the trial twice. How did you install and authorise your demo twice? We’ve had several thousand demos successfully installed and not had this reported. If through splice, check you were using v1.1.5
Demo can be run again with a different iLok account. Not killing my mac, but Live (instant closure). Plugin "about" text confirms 1.1.5.

*edit
I just ran through a few presets again today, no issue. But Live closed the moment I changed the quality from normal to extreme.

I’m had no official crash report from your issue and no further information on the supposed crash. Would you care to share your iLok ID in a PM?

Promo on at the moment - use code ZONE25 for 25% off

Just had a quick demo and like the sound of the few filters I have played with. But have a couple of issues:-

1)If velocity control is set to on (via the Settings "IGNORE VELOCITY" option) then velocity will have an affect on what ever you set to be controlled by velocity (good :) ) AND will always affect the Master volume output (bad :bang: ). To make matters worse, there is no way to control the scale of how velocity affects this Master volume output control. If velocity control is set to off then velocity cannot be use to control anything. This restricts the use of velocity on other parameters. Velocity could be set to control the depth of a LP filter for example, but, because you have no control over how velocity affects the Master volume output, you could have trouble actually hearing it at low velocities! Having no control over the scale of how velocity affects the actual Master volume output also makes setting the velocity control scales for each sound source via the mod matrix pretty impossible/difficult to do. Image Line's Poizone has the same problem - I posted something similar on the IL Poizone forum in 2015 but had no replies. Maybe there are not many of us that like to use velocity to control the filter?

2) The Settings "IGNORE VELOCITY" option affects all instances of Audiaire.

I am only posting this because I really like what I hear (nice squidgy resonant filters :P ). But the way it's velocity control is currently implemented means that it is currently not a product I would purchase.

The modulation matrix does seem limited compared to other plugins out there. Would really love to have modulation matrix control over the filter's attack, depth or sustain controls, or FX parameters, for example. To a lesser extent, it is a shame you can't have two modulation sources (not including the current option of MIDI cc) so that you could, for example, use an LFO to modulate the SOURCE amount (which is possible in other plugins).
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

We've updated Zone this morning to v1.2. The update is free and addresses the following

- Zone now requires NO LICENSE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- Full NKS integration
- 70 new presets (totalling 590 presets)
- Improved CPU performance of up to 20%
- Waveforms are now assignable to lanes and macros
- Ring modulation is now available as an Insert Effect
- Dedicated reset option for Zone's modulation matrix
- Parameters can now be dragged to the modulation matrix
- No time limited free trial

In the next 24-48hrs we'll be emailing all previous v1.1 iLok customers with account details to upgrade.

You can find out more here: https://vimeo.com/348794551

And download here www.audiaire.com

Sharooz wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 am

- Zone now requires NO LICENSE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE

- No time limited free trial

:tu:

:clap: Superb move top drop iLok, I hope a lot more people try this great instrument now, keep it up... :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

In the manual, it states that Zone has a "Clearly laid out, scalable GUI "

Has anyone found where that scaling is? When i click on the logo for the prefs, i see no option for scaling. And using the VST3 in Ableton, there's no ability to scale from the corners either...

psynical wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:43 pm In the manual, it states that Zone has a "Clearly laid out, scalable GUI "

Has anyone found where that scaling is? When i click on the logo for the prefs, i see no option for scaling. And using the VST3 in Ableton, there's no ability to scale from the corners either...
To the left of the Unison knob on the top there is a box labeled Size. That gives you different scaling choices.

hardwired wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:59 pm To the left of the Unison knob on the top there is a box labeled Size. That gives you different scaling choices.
Ah, crap. Thanks!

Do you know if there's any way to control the amount that a sequencer effects, besides min/maxing the amount in the sequencer? Seems strange that you can modulate a knob with all these sequencers, but you can't easily control the range at which they're applied. Maybe if there were transform tools available in the larger sequencer view, then it would be easy enough...

Wanted to try the demo and for that, you need to make an account... :dog: So no thanks... :roll:

Tried the demo and holy crap.. Instabuy even though I made a promise to myself that I won't buy any softsynth anymore.

SLiC wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 pm :clap: Superb move top drop iLok, I hope a lot more people try this great instrument now, keep it up... :tu:
It now calls home, so if Audiaire ever folds you will have a problem.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Ok I updated and it’s doing some weird shiz, it’s killing my midi controller, il load up the instrument, play a note on default patch then start cycling through, il get 4-8 presets in (furthest was raindrops) before my controller stops triggering notes, I have to then go into preferences and toggle the on switch for my native instruments s49 midi controller then it resumes, never happened to me before and only with zone

It’s the strangest thing ever

Return to “Instruments”