Anyone Else Like Metal? Or Neofolk?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just curious if anyone has any similar taste in music. Some of my favorite metal bands:

Enisum
Moonsorrow
Waldgeflüster
Caladan Brood
Mare Cognitum
Selvans
Spectral Lore
Falls Of Rauros
Mesarthim
Panopticon
Sviatibor
Darkspace

Neofolk:

Nebelung
Vàli
Musk Ox
Sangre De Muerdago
.novemthree.
Empyrium
Ainulindale

Oh, I could list more.

Cheers!

i like Norfolk....

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:28 am i like Norfolk....
:x

Too slow. Came here to post just that.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Falkenbach

Currently, I have two playlists in my player. One is Bathory "Requiem", two is Morbid Angel "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh", "Gateways to Annihilation" and "Heretic". Will add a third one today - Sarcofago "INRI" and Impaled Nazarene "Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz...."

Non-stop listening to the classics is a good thing. :party: :tu:

Been listening to metal since 2006, found many of my current favorite bands from the genre, including the following:

Gojira
Haken
Lamb of God
Leprous
Machine Head
Meshuggah
Slipknot
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

perfumer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:55 am Currently, I have two playlists in my player. One is Bathory "Requiem", two is Morbid Angel "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh", "Gateways to Annihilation" and "Heretic". Will add a third one today - Sarcofago "INRI" and Impaled Nazarene "Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz...."

no altars of madness? still my fave morbid angel album.
they where great live back then too.

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 pm
perfumer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:55 am Currently, I have two playlists in my player. One is Bathory "Requiem", two is Morbid Angel "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh", "Gateways to Annihilation" and "Heretic". Will add a third one today - Sarcofago "INRI" and Impaled Nazarene "Tol Cormpt Norz Norz Norz...."

no altars of madness? still my fave morbid angel album.
they where great live back then too.
Those are more 'prog', very well composed, very artsy and real mind benders. Altars is easier to digest, simpler metal. I love the older Morbid Angel stuff too, of course!

i get you.
i was at my early teen years as the earache/peaceville/death metal all kicked off, so im a sucker for all the formative stuff
napalm death, carcass, pestilence, autopsy, obituary and so on :band2:

I am still upset that I missed Sepultura, Fudge Tunnel, and Fear Factory on Chaos AD tour back in the day...

One Rode To Asa Bay

i didn't see them all but i did see sepultura a couple of times 8)

I just finally got to see Neurosis for the first time last year! It was amazing. No show for Sumac but you cannot win them all...Also, I like like three and a half hours away from the nearest interstate. Ha!

Seeing Nevermore and Opeth on Ghost Reveries tour was also a treat.

I'm not interested in (most) metal, but I do like Neofolk quite a bit.

A few of my favourite bands/projects:

Current 93
The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath a Cloud
Ordo (Rosarius) Equilibrio
Death In June
Sol Invictus
Boyd Rice
:Of The Wand & The Moon:
Backworld
Blood Axis
Rome
In Gowan Ring
Forseti
Sonne Hagal
Camerata Mediolanense
Von Thronstahl
Allerseelen
Ataraxia
Gaë Bolg
Sieben
Spiritual Front
Somewhere in Europe
Dies Natalis
Darkwood
Fire + Ice
Rose Rovine E Amanti
Ordo Equitum Solis
Etc. Etc.

It could go on and on, but those are some of the "classics". 8)

I don't see a lot of links between metal & neofolk, other than some band crossovers.

perfumer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:55 am Bathory "Requiem"
I had "Blood, Fire, Death" on Vinyl back in '88. Production was shite (way too much high end) and the drummer was bit of a mess but for a 15 year old metal head it was pure gold. :band2:

things where a lot better back then
not the music, im not doing the get off my lawn thing :hihi:
but venues eise, there where so many smaller venues, that some of them became scene specific, like i could go planetx in liverpool pretty much 6 nights a week and see live death metal bands, from locals all the way up to the big names.
even the big names the door price was maybe a beer or two :shrug:

now it seems few of those smaller venues are around and gig tickets are stupidly priced in many cases.

i feel for kids growing up with this, no wonder they dont value music if theres no one showing them the value of music. (general statement, i know a lot of kids do value music, just doesn't look as prevalent as in my teen years.)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”