Anyone Else Like Metal? Or Neofolk?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:32 pm no altars of madness? still my fave morbid angel album.
I lost interest in Morbid "Angle" after David Vincent left to join that leather bondage gear band with his missus. His vocals and bass playing/tone were a perfect fit for them. I just couldn't get into the "new" guy.
'Blessed are the sick' is my fav from them though, It's as close to a masterpiece as a Death metal album can get. Altars of Madness has a darker more sinister sound though, that was special but they dumped it quick enough. Also, I remember Vincent saying he stopped smoking around the time Blessed are the sick came out and his voice dropped because of it, explains why he sounded so different on Altars than on Covenant or Domination.

vurt wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:31 pm things where a lot better back then
not the music, im not doing the get off my lawn thing :hihi:
Too late! I'm already imagining you as Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. :D

On Topic: I saw Ain Soph a couple of years ago at WGT. Liked it a lot, though I'll always prefer their experimental Industrial Noise from the 80s!

Not really into neofolk, but I do like a lot of metal and stuff close to/related to metal. Bands I can think of that I played recently:

Dead Boys
Burzum
Saxon
Alice in Chains
Motorhead
Boris
Danzig
Vanilla Fudge
Body Count
Napalm Death
Black Flag
Godflesh
Cannibal Corpse
Amebix
Darkthrone
Iron Maiden
Misfits

When I was in my teens and early 20s, I was all about heavy metal. Like, all genres. Everything from the earliest bands, to black metal, to melodic death metal.

But I like metal less and less all the time as I get older.

I'm not sure what "neofolk" is, exactly, but I do really like a lot of modern folk bands like Faun, Danheim, Santiano, etc.

I used to love metal in the past, but i have almost not interest in this music, the last band standing from the golden age of "new metal from 2000" is slipknot, they became better each time they released an album, their last single "unsainted" is really good.
I feel so sorry for the band korn, i was full of hope when Brian come back to the band...but no...and i hate their drummer ,i miss David...
Last edited by hivkorn on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Where were you people for the KVR most metel contest then eh?

dtfm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hivkorn wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:58 am i miss David...
:hug:

80-83 I was only metal. NWOBHM was my entry.

Seeing Twisted Sister at Donnington got me out of the genre.

samsam wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:13 pmSeeing Twisted Sister at Donnington got me out of the genre.
Do go on.

I like most metal.
Can't stand "unclean" vocals where everything vocal is reduced to noise.
Ergo, I no longer listen, or even bother to investigate metal.
I do like Keith Merrow.
And Stream Of Passion - not sure if they qualify though...

Have we reached that "topic-has-ended-so-we'll-just-post-some-Youtube-clips" moment already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au3fsGNPzYU

Let's not be f**king about then..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q66zKQ3-XM

AnX wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:28 am i like Norfolk....
It's flat :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be there next month

rob_lee wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:28 am i like Norfolk....
It's flat :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be there next month
that's why i love it, i can walk anywhere without getting out of breath (apart from the stairs to go to bed)

gimme a ring, I'll buy you a pint you twat :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”