The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:00 pm Why on earth? There was a discussion going on well within the rules of this forum. It's news to me that threads may only run for so and so long...

To generally dismiss that as "whinging" while adding another post on top of it all is more helpful in your opinion?
your post was abusive, another post was obnoxious, borderline racist and removed, both were reported by other members within a few minutes of each other.

The discussion is fine, talk about PA, not someone else. If you dont agree with him you need not flame him in such a manner, just ignore it but when a member reports it and it does lend absolutely nothing to the conversation I am gonna tell you to knock it off because I dont like locking threads for nonsense like this. If it's turning toward flaming you know that's when time runs out, no time limit so dont be putting words in my mouth...your post suggests is what I said and what I meant....if you feel his post was off topic why would you proliferate the thread by adding to the off topic? (rhetorical question)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm:band:
Drums: 9.5
Guitar: 8.2
Lyrics: Couldn't distinguish a single word but I found it entertaining.

Mix is good but the guitar seems a bit quiet.
Sometimes eleven isn't enough...
Coda comes a bit too fast.

Back to topic.
You could have benefited from using some PA's plugs.
Especially on vocal.
IMO

Hink wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:16 pm your post was abusive
Oh come on! It wasn't - I made a (very good and valid, I'd like to think) point in an exaggerated, comedic manner. It was sarcastic, perhaps even a bit cynical, but abusive?

You can't in a general manner complain that a thread is "still going on" while posting in it. That means you must be entirely full of yourself. It basically means that you think that whatever you contribute to the thread is the only valid thing that can be posted in the thread. It's like waiting in line and complaining about all those people that are waiting in line - "have they got nothing better to do for crying out loud?"

Pretty obvious stuff, no?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:16 pm your post was abusive
Oh come on! It wasn't - I made a (very good and valid, I'd like to think) point in an exaggerated, comedic manner. It was sarcastic, perhaps even a bit cynical, but abusive?
Very abusive actually, but its fine; I have thick skin. But hey, ‘never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake’.
Please do continue. :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

I guess we must have very different definitions of the word "abuse" then...

but right now there's not much else to say from my side.

I'll however take the liberty of feeling free to make another contribution to this thread whenever I feel a sufficiently strong urge to do so - that will be allright with you then, I hope?
Last edited by jens on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I'm sure it's been said before (perhaps in this very thread), but I really thought you guys were just consistently misspelling "whining" :hihi:

Carry on, chaps!

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:09 pm If you’re on Kvr and you’re not whinging is it still Kvr?
Underrated comment.

To be or not to be?
I think therefore I am.
I wear my heart on my sleeve, therefore I KVR. If a thread is not testing the limits of civil discourse by rope jumping between acceptable and too far, is it KVR? Being a mod here must be a perma existential crisis. :tu:

Back to PA,
I got a new email about the DOAL. Same coupon code for $179. Interesting that the FAQ in the email says the license is good for 3 machines. But the purchased plugins license is only for 2 machines.

So that's $5/m per workstation if you use all 3. They also confirmed that the price is fixed for the foreseeable future "as long as you don't cancel".

I think that's no-brainer territory if you have the 3 machines. By a distance I would want to be on this versus something like Waves "Platinum" or IK T-Racks, if they had the same deal. Except I'm solo so it's $15/m for desktop, laptop and an extra license going to waste. Is it fair to go sharesies? If this was $5/m for me right now I would jump in even though I hate subscriptions and all they stand for. Same reason I still shop at Walmart while plotting their demise.

JoeCat wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:00 pm I'm sure it's been said before (perhaps in this very thread), but I really thought you guys were just consistently misspelling "whining" :hihi:
https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2007 ... whine.html :-D

So now we're whining about whinging?

KVR, for the whin[e|ge]
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I see loads of PA stuff suddenly for sale - BYOME, Triad etc for 30 bucks....so I guess this is where the cheap licences are coming from....deal of a lifetime buying other people’s second hand licences!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ramseysounds wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:09 pm
jens wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:11 pm Well, what did you expect after such a shitty post as yours?
What was shitty about it? By pointing out that all people are doing is whingeing? If you dont like, dont buy. Whats so difficult to understand in that suggestion? I’ll refrain from being infantile like yourself. Hey ho. :clap:
If you don't care, don't read it.

see now we will have a page of this for no reason, I suggest you talk about PA if you still want a topic
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

So now even people who have all PA plug-ins do subscription. Looks like PA is a new Apple :) Why not simply give your own credit card to PA? If you love a company and you want to give them money, go full throttle! :)

pixel85 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:43 pm So now even people who have all PA plug-ins do subscription. Looks like PA is a new Apple :) Why not simply give your own credit card to PA? If you love a company and you want to give them money, go full throttle! :)
If you have all plugins you got a $149.99 per year offer for the subscription. If you resell the plugins at only 15$ per plugin on average, your existing plugins pay for the subscription for the next decade. This is not that unattractive.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Return to “Effects”