Why does Cubase's Arpache arpeggiator s$cks?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just want a simple arpeggiator, and while I use the Cubase's one, it makes random stuff, like velocity turn down, not playing always the same , sometimes it stops etc.

Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Do you have a simple arpeggiator for midi tracks to propose? I have dozens like Cream from Kirnu and they all s*ck. Only FL Studio's is the best and proper, and native.

PS* I am using an analog synth with midi out

Thanks

Don't forget Studio one's arp
It's great , individual gate time , velocity , swing etc..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I wish Cubase had an arp/sequencer that works like the one in Retrologue2. That works quite well. Too bad Retrologue doesn’t sound all that great. I mean it’s alright, but...that sequencer tho. Have you tried the HY-Sequencer? I like it, and there is a free version too, at the bottom of the page:

https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:54 pm Don't forget Studio one's arp
Give it a rest.

Which one are you using? There are several, ex arpache 5, arpache sx , beat designer, step designer etc.

W23 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:28 pm I wish Cubase had an arp/sequencer that works like the one in Retrologue2. That works quite well. Too bad Retrologue doesn’t sound all that great. I mean it’s alright, but...that sequencer tho. Have you tried the HY-Sequencer? I like it, and there is a free version too, at the bottom of the page:

That sounds interesting , but it seems its monophonic? How and can I do arps with chords? I only hear trance gate effect!

mixtur.se wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:04 am Which one are you using? There are several, ex arpache 5, arpache sx , beat designer, step designer etc.
Tried the Arpatches! they don't work well!

Thavma wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 am
W23 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:28 pm I wish Cubase had an arp/sequencer that works like the one in Retrologue2. That works quite well. Too bad Retrologue doesn’t sound all that great. I mean it’s alright, but...that sequencer tho. Have you tried the HY-Sequencer? I like it, and there is a free version too, at the bottom of the page:

That sounds interesting , but it seems its monophonic? How and can I do arps with chords? I only hear trance gate effect!
The paid version has a midi harmonizer effect, so chords are possible. Cubase Pro has a chord sequencer, Chord tracks, and Chord pads, and even a Chord Assistant. If chord sequencing is your thing, then Pro is definitely what you’re looking for. The midi edit window is really handy too with the color coding. You can color code your scale and draw in notes pretty effing quick-like. I see what you’re trying to do though, and I’ve played around with Arpache SX and didn’t have any problem with it in Pro. If you are using Elements, you may be hitting a wall, there is also the free Blue ARP:

http://graywolf2004.net/wp/

jonljacobi wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:32 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:54 pm Don't forget Studio one's arp
Give it a rest.
Trying something ? :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I don't like Cubase's arp either. Studio One's is far easier to use IMO. And it has almost everything i need.

Cubase's Apache arps are... get ready for it... arpallingly bad. :hihi:

But in all seriousness, for such a good product, it's surprising how bad they are. Bear in mind I think the code for these arps is possibly nearing the 20 year mark and they were probably not invested with much love in the first instance.

They're particularly bad at losing time, glitching, missing notes, etc.

What would be nice is some per-instrument arp, like the way FL Studio's per-channel arp works. That one seems particularly robust, with timings like triplets, etc. it seems to quantize steps really well.

Another free one to checkout: chordwarepa. 3 Arps that can be shuffled, select channels, exc... Loads and makes changes using chords from a generated list, or pointing to a keyboard display.

The only limitation is export and the program file is save disabled, but if you can record the midi output, you are in business.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”