Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

And he is selling a product to which he basically contributed nothing. The bank browser is a lousy job (we don't even have a menu) that only works to load presets and banks but doesn't even save correctly (at least around here).

Really shady behavior. Someone please pick the code and create a fork. It's time we act to save this project before it sinks.
Fernando (FMR)

edit: free link still works

they also havent released the code for the ios version

totally illegal, scummy company

hopefully they will fold
Last edited by AnX on Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guys , I am not defending disco dsp whatsoever , but obxd is still availbale as a free download
https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

couldn't get to that page from kvr page, but that link seems to be working

The free download link still works, and the source code is still available at GitHub.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 pm Guys , I am not defending disco dsp whatsoever , but obxd is still availbale as a free download
So what are they selling? What added value does $24.50 give you?

courtjestr wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:43 pm Guys , I am not defending disco dsp whatsoever , but obxd is still availbale as a free download
It's a "donation" that is not required. Intended to support further development. The issue is that this message is not communicated clearly to those unfamiliar with the product.

"Caveat emptor" - Let the buyer beware! :wink:

zzz00m wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am
It's a "donation" that is not required. Intended to support further development. The issue is that this message is not communicated clearly to those unfamiliar with the product.

Seems weird that you would have a half price sale on a donation then.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am this message is not communicated clearly ....
That seems to be the overall trend with this company. Somehow NOT communicating things is part of their business plan :roll:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

zzz00m wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am It's a "donation" that is not required. Intended to support further development. The issue is that this message is not communicated clearly to those unfamiliar with the product.

A "donation" would NOT have a "special offer" at half price. And what kind of development had to be supported if what has been done to this is basically NOTHING?

This is something else that I will refrain to classify.
Fernando (FMR)

courtjestr wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 am
zzz00m wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 am

Seems weird that you would have a half price sale on a donation then.
Agreed! Everything about the way it has been marketed lately is weird! It was always word of mouth, and one of the first free synths I acquired.

Fyi - I was just quoting the OB-Xd product page at Disco DSP. If you scroll down that page to the "About" section, the last line reads:
OB-Xd Desktop has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you!

I don't know why is this drama queen still happening but just for the record:

I invested around around $1K on OB-Xd development, without considering the maintenance, etc. So 3rd party developers, translators, etc. are actually benefiting from the project. Regarding myself, if it were just for the profits I would have cancelled it already.

OB-Xd macOS, Windows (with code signed installers that have to be paid every year) and Linux can be downloaded for free at https://www.discodsp.com/obxd/ The $49 donation/support is always welcome.

There is a iOS version too. iOS source code is likely to go closed once 2Dat finishes the agreement, and even if he doesn't, releasing the current one with a buggy GUI code makes little sense right now.

Regarding some no-life trolls who are harassing most discoDSP related posts, they are already banned from our KVR forum, but as we already know, this community is very permissive with long standing members or high post count individuals and there's nothing I can do about it, expect ignoring them and defending their lies (ie.- publicly saying we are scamming people. Such statement is illegal, at least on my country, and I have the right to take legal actions about it, but my lawyer recommended to hold my horses because there is very little to gain from it). Anyway, they have to deal with theirselves for all their life which is a fair outcome :hihi:

Also, for suggestions, bug reports, etc. Free free to post at our support forum viewforum.php?f=276 or by e-mail contactus@discodsp.com and as always I'll be glad to help you out.

Cheers,
George.

:lol:

discoDSP wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:43 am Also, for suggestions, bug reports, etc. Free free to post at our support forum viewforum.php?f=276 or by e-mail contactus@discodsp.com and as always I'll be glad to help you out.
This is the OB-Xd "official" thread since it was born. So, why not posting the bugs, and suggestions, and discussing them here? This is the right place, IMO.

Regarding bugs, I already wrote about OB-Xd not saving banks in Windows 7 in its current state. It reads the FXB banks, but if we make changes and try to save the bank again, the file gets corrupted.

Suggestion: What about implementing a proper preset and bank management, with a place in the GUI where we can monitor which bank is loaded and which preset is in use? We have been requesting this for ages.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”