studio one can't split midi type 0 into separate channels

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really a bummer , midi type 0 files appear in the browser with a collapse icon , but when clicking on it it , the arrow just dissapears
When dragging the file into project window it is just treated as one midi file , with no channel separation whatsoever iow , it's just one file with one channel
It seems that bitwig can't do this either
Reaper gives me a nice dialog to split the channels upon importing
This is beyond comprehension :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Type 1 files contain separate information for each track. For a Type 0 file, however, all the tracks are merged into a single track, although MIDI channel information is still retained. When a Type 0 file is loaded into a sequencer, it will take each channel’s information and put it on a separate track. So for a typical sequence with one track per MIDI channel, it will normally not matter if the sequence is saved as Type 0 or Type 1.

But if your source sequence has several tracks assigned to the same MIDI channel (for example several drum tracks playing the same program on the same channel, but with an individual drum sound on each track), then it is best to export it as a Type 1 file. If exported as Type 0, all tracks assigned to the same channel will be merged into a single track when the .MID file is loaded.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

If you drop a type 0 file into studio one , it won't separate anything , you only have the option to set the midi channel for that(unified ) track , iow one big mess ,and it has already been confirmed on the forum
There's no need to educate me :D
Just saying studio one , can't separate tracks from a midi type 0 file , as a matter of fact , so can't bitwig and ableton
And when you wrote ' whenI export as type 0 '' it sure won't be from within studio one , since it can't export type 0 files
Eyeball exchanging

deleted.

Was it really necessary to create a whole new thread on this though ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Sure , just to let some folks know studio one can't separate midi type 0 files

You're not even active on the presonus forum because your banned , I wonder why that could be . :lol:
Your reply is again a pedantic post , assuming I didn't know the difference between type 0 and 1 mid.file .
You could just confirm it , and call it a day
And I forgot to post in YOUR studio one thread , get a break please
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm You're not even active on the presonus forum because your banned , I wonder why that could be .
Because one of the regular presonus fanboy members was promoted to mod status held a grudge against me for my honest views on Studio One, and it's failings... Poorly explained changes to update notes and that of the Studio One manual was his opportunity... besides this, the mod in question hated the way I gave honest feed back on peoples music... Seriously though, the place died because freedom of speech was eliminated, and pretty much gave the air of a church community. I've got over 1000 posts there and provided technical support on a daily basis to those who needed it, and developed free software for them to make Studio One better in a visual way... So yeah... they didn't like how I operated, throw in some jealously which I garnered vie the snide post remarks from actual mods... and well, really I stopped caring, the forum was dead, when I left. So really.. by that time, the presonus forum didn't provide anything of value in any case. I communicate directly with Presonus vie FB, so if I want something looked at or addressed with Studio One, I can do that vie live messaging them.

And oh, if you want some evidence of my activities on the presonus forum..as I described above, here's a link....here.
:wink:
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Midi file created with... https://www.loomer.co.uk/architect.htm
Welcome to Architect, and thank you for being part of the Architect beta test. A beta software product is not quite a finished software product, and as such does not necessarily represent the quality of the final release: features may be missing, and bugs may be present.
So there's obviously something non-standard about that MIDI file causing it in Studio One, even while some other apps can load it. Maybe let that company know and wait for a release version.

Same happens when creating type 0 with reaper ,studio one can not separate it
SO it's not created by some buggy software
The arguments you guys are using on the presonus forum are not valid .
One member was able to import the file correctly in motu digital performer , all the other guys just repeat what some dude said and nobody took the time to even create a midi type 0 file themselves to do the test .
To make things worse , the moderator called the issue as solved .
I raised a support ticket , we'll see
In the meantime , test it out yourself
Eyeball exchanging

Yes, this is the nature of MIDI File Type 0 and the very reason for Type 1 so if any blame really, absolutely, has to be cast on anyone, it should be on the person who doesn't know enough about MIDI Files. Go ask whoever exported as Type 0 to do it in the better Type 1 way (many DAWs don't even offer Type 0) and your dramas are over.

:-)

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:25 pm You're not even active on the presonus forum because your banned , I wonder why that could be .
Because one of the regular presonus fanboy members was promoted to mod status held a grudge against me for my honest views on Studio One, and it's failings... Poorly explained changes to update notes and that of the Studio One manual was his opportunity... besides this, the mod in question hated the way I gave honest feed back on peoples music... Seriously though, the place died because freedom of speech was eliminated, and pretty much gave the air of a church community. I've got over 1000 posts there and provided technical support on a daily basis to those who needed it, and developed free software for them to make Studio One better in a visual way... So yeah... they didn't like how I operated, throw in some jealously which I garnered vie the snide post remarks from actual mods... and well, really I stopped caring, the forum was dead, when I left. So really.. by that time, the presonus forum didn't provide anything of value in any case. I communicate directly with Presonus vie FB, so if I want something looked at or addressed with Studio One, I can do that vie live messaging them.

And oh, if you want some evidence of my activities on the presonus forum..as I described above, here's a link....here.
:wink:
Sorry but there was not anything valuable in that topic , just like any other one where you promote and idealise your gui mockups, which are imho mediocre to say the least .
Sometimes I just wonder what do you want to prove ?
Eyeball exchanging

Just to update this for clarity, the developer has confirmed that the bug is in his beta application.

The OP was not being disingenuous here in any way, he just drew some bad conclusions. It happens.

The other MIDI file that doesn't split from Reaper from him had every track on MIDI channel 1, which obviously won't split with everything on the same MIDI channel. Buggy beta app + user error. Here is a correctly formatted Type 0 MIDI file exported from Reaper. It splits fine when imported into Studio One.

test midi2.zip

Hope that clears it up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”