3rd Party Nexus Expansions?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if there are any expansions for reFX's Nexus plugin available to buy from 3rd party developers? After a quick internet search the only expansions I have found are specifically oriented for "Trap" producers, which won't be of much use since I compose dance music. If you have any links or suggestions for where I might find expansion packs made for trance, house, eurodance, techno etc, please let me know.

to be honest, there are not really ANY new presets in these so called "3rd party expansions". Since Nexus is not an open Synth, its simply not possible to design new Presets for 3rd parties. All they can do is take existing factory presets of Nexus and tweak them a bit... turn off the arp, open or close the cutoff a bit more, disable reverbs or delays. Nothing which will result in a completely new preset, and nothing you could not do for yourself in few seconds. So my advice is to completely avoid these "3rd party" presets, since they will not offer you anything new and only cause confusion, double presets and errors (yes, if a preset from a xp has been used, which you do not own it will result in an loading error)
Especially, I would not pay any money for these 3rd party presets.

msvs wrote:to be honest, there are not really ANY new presets in these so called "3rd party expansions". Since Nexus is not an open Synth, its simply not possible to design new Presets for 3rd parties. All they can do is take existing factory presets of Nexus and tweak them a bit... turn off the arp, open or close the cutoff a bit more, disable reverbs or delays. Nothing which will result in a completely new preset, and nothing you could not do for yourself in few seconds. So my advice is to completely avoid these "3rd party" presets, since they will not offer you anything new and only cause confusion, double presets and errors (yes, if a preset from a xp has been used, which you do not own it will result in an loading error)
Especially, I would not pay any money for these 3rd party presets.
I've only just realised it is completely impossible to make your own presets from scratch in Nexus, after exploring the interface a bit more. Thanks for your response :)

So, if I purchase Nexus and use some third party expansions does that violate any of the the refx end-user license agreements, giving them the right to terminate my ability to use Nexus?

no, but like described above, using these "presets" wont give you anything

Return to “Soundware”