Bohemian Violin Expansion

Official support for: virharmonic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote:hmm ... I can't get it to download. I've tried a couple of download managers, but anywhere from 10 or 15 meg to a gig or two the file reports complete. I can even open the file. But, the contents are corrupt. I've tried many, many times now.
I had a lot trouble too since i have a very unstable net but then i succeeded via a friends net to download all the stuff with a stable net....but it needed several trys too.
Maybe their servers are still on fire?
I do wish they would offer their stuff also on usb (or dvd). I would pay extra for it.
I needed a damn 4 days to download the stuff. I´m scared if the next expansions will add even more GB and i have to download it again complete. They really should offer a proper download manager at least which can resume a download at any time.
However, it was worth it. I get goosebumps while playing around. Good sign!

Although I have slow internet, it is rock solid. This is the first time I've had difficulty since moving here. Anyhow, I was just going to wait and try again after the rush is over and see if that helps. If not I'll send another help request. The only reason I posted here was to see if others were having the download problems.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Although I have slow internet, it is rock solid. This is the first time I've had difficulty since moving here. Anyhow, I was just going to wait and try again after the rush is over and see if that helps. If not I'll send another help request. The only reason I posted here was to see if others were having the download problems.
Hi SJ Digriz,

Sorry to hear you are having issues downloading, but we currently have no unanswered emails. Could you please email us directly on: support(@)virharmonic.com and we will get you up and running :)

Warm Regards

Alex Hyde
Customer Support
VirHarmonic
http://www.virharmonic.com
support(@)virharmonic.com

done, thanks for reaching out.

There is just one thing i can't figure out which i don't like so much. The manually rebowing seems to have extrem velocity jumps(?).
I mean when i play with very low velocity and using the rebowing manually i really get extrem jumps in volume often which doesn't sound as good or natural as the automatic rebowing (would be awesome if i could set a speed here).
Maybe i'm doing something wrong? Or is this really how it should work?

Cinebient wrote:There is just one thing i can't figure out which i don't like so much. The manually rebowing seems to have extrem velocity jumps(?).
I mean when i play with very low velocity and using the rebowing manually i really get extrem jumps in volume often which doesn't sound as good or natural as the automatic rebowing (would be awesome if i could set a speed here).
Let me try to help - Firstly rebow forcekey reads the velocity at which you press it, thus allowing you to create repeating note crescc, so if you are pressing it hard then there will be a velocity jump. Lastly if you still have a feeling that the rebow is too harsh you can force mid arc together with the rebow and a softer bow change will be selected, but I guess that won't even be needed once you play the rebow at similar velocity to original note. Hope that helps ;)

Virharmonic wrote:
Cinebient wrote:There is just one thing i can't figure out which i don't like so much. The manually rebowing seems to have extrem velocity jumps(?).
Let me try to help - Firstly rebow forcekey reads the velocity at which you press it, thus allowing you to create repeating note crescc, so if you are pressing it hard then there will be a velocity jump. Lastly if you still have a feeling that the rebow is too harsh you can force mid arc together with the rebow and a softer bow change will be selected, but I guess that won't even be needed once you play the rebow at similar velocity to original note. Hope that helps ;)
Awesome :tu:
I played with the violin for several hours now and after your suggestions and that i'm getting a bit more used to the instrument it's getting better.
It has a really awesome "flow" for open and just playing this beautiful created instrument.
Again sorry for my impatience about the expansion :roll:
So all i can do to support you is buying the cello as well. :tu:
Thank's!

No worries at all :) Feel free to drop us an email if you need further assistance ( We don't always manage to keep an eye on all the forums) and of course have fun with the expansion ;)

I'm a bit confused about how to implement the expansions. Are they stand alone or replacements? BV_V3 is about half the size of the last release. Should that be in addition or did you guys figure out a compression option that shrunk the UFS?

They're standalone, you can keep the old one if you want to.

The size reduction is due to not including 96k sample pool.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm you can keep the old one if you want to.
The size reduction is due to not including 96k sample pool.
Thanks for the answer .. I don't want to keep the old one if the new library replaces all of the original capabilities. As far as I can tell so far is that it has a lot more articulations and variations, but the core still exists. But because of the restructuring and re-scripting it's really hard to tell.

Yeah the core is still there. Not sure if your old DAW projects would work if you remove the old one, though... Keep it somewhere in backup.

Return to “Virharmonic”