No More Excuses...Please Help A Wannabe Songwriter

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 pm I think it may be time for me to lock this thread. All these people on my ignore list who clearly know how much I despise them poking their nose in where it's not wanted just because they know it's going to piss me off has gotten to the point where I've had enough.
I think it's a damn good idea :?
You must have missed the break-through, Hink. There is no more ignore list!

Wags is taking back control and facing up to things. Which is admirable.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 pm
Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 pm I probably should have listened to her.
Its never too late to delete your kvr account :D
What's the point of that?
Read your own post: Your mother said music is a miserable business, and you should have listened to her.
If you believe it’s miserable, don’t share your misery here and troll your helpers.
I believe the entertainment business in general is incredibly hard. I'm not entirely sold on the "miserable" part yet. Truth is, I haven't had enough success in the business to find out if it's miserable.
Who cares about the "business in general?" I say, be grateful for what you have, share it wherever you can, and never take advice from me.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Unaspected wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 pm I think it may be time for me to lock this thread. All these people on my ignore list who clearly know how much I despise them poking their nose in where it's not wanted just because they know it's going to piss me off has gotten to the point where I've had enough.

viewtopic.php?p=7469865

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:58 pm
Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:52 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:40 pm
Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 pm I probably should have listened to her.
Its never too late to delete your kvr account :D
What's the point of that?
Read your own post: Your mother said music is a miserable business, and you should have listened to her.
If you believe it’s miserable, don’t share your misery here and troll your helpers.
I believe the entertainment business in general is incredibly hard. I'm not entirely sold on the "miserable" part yet. Truth is, I haven't had enough success in the business to find out if it's miserable.
Who cares about the "business in general?" I say, be grateful for what you have, share it wherever you can, and never take advice from me.
Okay, what exactly is it that I have outside of my wife, kid and church? Musically, I have a thousand or so songs that I've written, a Soundcloud channel, one song contract, and a finalist in a song contest. That is what I have to show for 42 years of songwriting. Yeah, more than some people I guess. And my Soundcloud page currently has 158,648 plays in total.

I guess that's something. And I guess I should be grateful for that much.

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 am I say, be grateful for what you have, share it wherever you can, and never take advice from me.
A motto to live by :hihi:

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm Okay, true story.

For our church, we hired a song and dance man. After his performance, we talked. Found out that he was looking for music for a play he was working on. I told him I write music. He said "Great!" He gave me his contact info and I wrote to him immediately.

He never got back to me. This was like a year ago.

I've been told by members of the church who know him that he has "problems."

Point is, this has been the story of my life. I can't even begin to count the number of people who "promised" to do something with me and ended up either backing out or just plain disappearing.

I should write a song called "Promises Broken"
This happens. Happens with alarming regularity. Some kid with a hipster beard and a MIDI Drum thing with flashing pads who never takes his beanie off walks past some other kid who looks exactly the same then they say "like" & "dude" a lot whilst drinking kale & avocado smoothies and get famous scoring some Netflix series that is a bad cliche of what we did properly in the day. Yet anything we do to network, connect, make real things, goes to poop in about 12 seconds.

The pattern is clear. Those kids were ready, we weren't. Are we prepared to do what we need to to let lady luck deal us a better hand? We tend to think we are but often are so seriously not.

:-)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 am

viewtopic.php?p=7469865
Well, let's see. I thanked Hink for deleting all the out of context posts about me, more than any other member here these last 3 weeks, and he called me sad. So I said I'm sorry he feels that way and I said I wouldn't bother him anymore.

I didn't yell. I didn't scream. I didn't curse. I just moved on. I won't be back there, especially since he specifically told everybody not to quote me anymore. So I don't see what the problem is.

I've taken you off ignore and I'll take whatever it is you want to throw at me, but I have to wonder. If you dislike me so much, or think I'm a miserable person or whatever (because I'm certainly not your favorite person on this forum) why are you here? I mean I don't go to Karma's threads anymore.

I just don't understand why people here who obviously don't care much for me are in my threads? Are you bored? Does it give you some pleasure to continually point out my shortcomings?

I am really curious as to why some people who have made no attempt to hide their dislike of me are still here.

Could you maybe make me understand what the fascination is?

Benedict wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:28 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm Okay, true story.

For our church, we hired a song and dance man. After his performance, we talked. Found out that he was looking for music for a play he was working on. I told him I write music. He said "Great!" He gave me his contact info and I wrote to him immediately.

He never got back to me. This was like a year ago.

I've been told by members of the church who know him that he has "problems."

Point is, this has been the story of my life. I can't even begin to count the number of people who "promised" to do something with me and ended up either backing out or just plain disappearing.

I should write a song called "Promises Broken"
This happens. Happens with alarming regularity. Some kid with a hipster beard and a MIDI Drum thing with flashing pads who never takes his beanie off walks past some other kid who looks exactly the same then they say "like" & "dude" a lot whilst drinking kale & avocado smoothies and get famous scoring some Netflix series that is a bad cliche of what we did properly in the day. Yet anything we do to network, connect, make real things, goes to poop in about 12 seconds.

The pattern is clear. Those kids were ready, we weren't. Are we prepared to do what we need to to let lady luck deal us a better hand? We tend to think we are but often are so seriously not.

Anyway, again, I've completed the 11 articles. All that's left to do is the cover. I will post it when it's done and wait for further instructions.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 amI guess I should be grateful for that much
You don't have to. You can keep trolling everybody.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am Okay, what exactly is it that I have outside of my wife, kid and church? Musically, I have a thousand or so songs that I've written, a Soundcloud channel, one song contract, and a finalist in a song contest. That is what I have to show for 42 years of songwriting. Yeah, more than some people I guess. And my Soundcloud page currently has 158,648 plays in total.

Yes, Gratitude is a great start. I'll leave your wife out of this as I know nought on that sie of your life. If you are happy then that there is a win all of its own.

You have a large catalog of songs you wrote and sung. That means that you are a fully-fledged member of the songwriting community. Most people barely write one song (even counting EDM loops with no lyrics) so if you have 1,000+ finished songs that stand up (not to mention all those plays!!!) then you have a massive body of work. You are like Sting (or maybe that was a thousand women he boasted about) :clap: .

Sure, I get you want that to be your name on the back of the next Ed Sheepman record for one (or three) of the songs but that is being ungrapeful if you dismiss what you did done. Test: if I were having a whine about not having done anything (which I do) and you saw my 80+ album discography + a few movies. Would your advice be much different?

That song you sent, "At The End Of The Day", that's a hell of a song. I'd like to hear it again. I'd like to have it on a record. Yet you spend most of your time dismissing it because it didn't do "something". When it did/does. It is just that you aren't making the most of what you DO HAVE. Easy mistake, and actually not quite as hard a fix as you think.

Michael L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 amI guess I should be grateful for that much
You don't have to. You can keep trolling everybody.
I'm going to ask you the same question I asked TCC. I'd appreciate you answering it.

If you think I'm such a miserable person, why are you still here? What pleasure do you get out of calling me names? Does it make you feel good? Is this thread REALLY enjoyable for you?

See, if I don't like somebody, the LAST thing I do is go into one of their threads. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them.

So why are you here? Wouldn't you rather be in a thread with somebody who isn't a miserable human being who treats everybody like dirt?

It doesn't make any sense to me.

Benedict wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:39 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:25 am Okay, what exactly is it that I have outside of my wife, kid and church? Musically, I have a thousand or so songs that I've written, a Soundcloud channel, one song contract, and a finalist in a song contest. That is what I have to show for 42 years of songwriting. Yeah, more than some people I guess. And my Soundcloud page currently has 158,648 plays in total.

Yes, Gratitude is a great start. I'll leave your wife out of this as I know nought on that sie of your life. If you are happy then that there is a win all of its own.

You have a large catalog of songs you wrote and sung. That means that you are a fully-fledged member of the songwriting community. Most people barely write one song (even counting EDM loops with no lyrics) so if you have 1,000+ finished songs that stand up (not to mention all those plays!!!) then you have a massive body of work. You are like Sting (or maybe that was a thousand women he boasted about) :clap: .

Sure, I get you want that to be your name on the back of the next Ed Sheepman record for one (or three) of the songs but that is being ungrapeful if you dismiss what you did done. Test: if I were having a whine about not having done anything (which I do) and you saw my 80+ album discography + a few movies. Would your advice be much different?

That song you sent, "At The End Of The Day", that's a hell of a song. I'd like to hear it again. I'd like to have it on a record. Yet you spend most of your time dismissing it because it didn't do "something". When it did/does. It is just that you aren't making the most of what you DO HAVE. Easy mistake, and actually not quite as hard a fix as you think.

End Of The Day is one of my better songs. You can hear it again any time. It's on my Soundcloud page. If you want it on a record, you can have it on a record.

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused here. Isn't that what I'm trying to do, get somebody to put one of my songs on a record? If you found one you like that much, you can have it. I'm not saying no.

What am I missing here?

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am I just don't understand why people here who obviously don't care much for me are in my threads? Are you bored? Does it give you some pleasure to continually point out my shortcomings?

Here's part of that mind-flip I alluded to in my last post.

Maybe these people who are here making you face difficult moments of fear & truth care!

F#@k me he says.

Could it be?

Yes it is entirely possible that many of the people you have gotten bent out of shape over have actually been giving you the advice that God/Life/The Universe/Lady Luck has been trying to get in-front of you for the last few decades.

Don't feel bad. We all do it. Some more than others but we all have to come to salvation our own way lest it not mean a thing at all.

Thank them, thank God (or whatever), and try life with the new mindset (really do it without that fear as it is gone now even if the shadow lurks).

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am

viewtopic.php?p=7469865
Well, let's see. I thanked Hink for deleting all the out of context posts about me, more than any other member here these last 3 weeks, and he called me sad. So I said I'm sorry he feels that way and I said I wouldn't bother him anymore.

I didn't yell. I didn't scream. I didn't curse. I just moved on. I won't be back there, especially since he specifically told everybody not to quote me anymore. So I don't see what the problem is.

I've taken you off ignore and I'll take whatever it is you want to throw at me, but I have to wonder. If you dislike me so much, or think I'm a miserable person or whatever (because I'm certainly not your favorite person on this forum) why are you here? I mean I don't go to Karma's threads anymore.

I just don't understand why people here who obviously don't care much for me are in my threads? Are you bored? Does it give you some pleasure to continually point out my shortcomings?

I am really curious as to why some people who have made no attempt to hide their dislike of me are still here.

Where did I say I disliked you? You read so much into what people post. In the quotes thread, I posted in the spirit of the thread. Its a bit of a laugh, y'know. You are particularly quotable ... so I quoted you. Your response was "TCC go f**k yourself" ... not a quote, or funny. Just aggressive. Its me who should be asking you why you hate me. Please put me back on ignore.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:47 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am

viewtopic.php?p=7469865

Where did I say I disliked you? You read so much into what people post. In the quotes thread, I posted in the spirit of the thread. Its a bit of a laugh, y'know. You are particularly quotable ... so I quoted you. Your response was "TCC go f**k yourself" ... not a quote, or funny. Just aggressive. Its me who should be asking you why you hate me. Please put me back on ignore.
I'm sorry but the ignore list is gone. I guess I just didn't get your sense of humor with me. I thought you were always taking shots at me. That's on me.

But that's okay, if you don't want me to talk to you anymore I won't. I actually respect other people's wishes when they tell me to leave them alone.

Anyway, once again, I'm sorry for what I said.

I hope you have a good evening.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”