bx_oberhausen from Plugin Alliance has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Approved. I posted the video to the group and tagged Luftrum.

Thank you guys, you are the greatest! I am glad to know it's not just me and Stephan who experience the issue. Hopefully the bug will be sorted soon. Also thanks for posting it to the FB group.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am Do you own bx_Oberhausen?

I have finished a set of patches for the synth together with Stephan Baer and we discovered a bug, which affects not only our patches but the entire factory library. See the vid below playing one of my patches. The issue: Reverb damping is not loaded with any of the patches so the damping is always at 0% even though the knob displays otherwise, this, until you touch the knob. If you own the synth, will you confirm please?

Apparently, Plugin Alliance customer support couldn't care less. They cannot recreate and won't let me talk to one involved with the Oberhausen either. I could write pages up and down regarding my rather bad experience with their support, but... well. That's off topic I guess. :)

A good example from the factory library is the 'Stranger Bass' by Airwave, load it, play and then just notch the reverb damping 1% and play again. Let me know if you can re-create, please.

https://youtu.be/PZIFa-uBL24
I heard back from a Sales guy at Plugin Alliance that tech support had confirmed the bug and are working on a fix... soon I hope - would love to get luftrum’s presets!

Heard back from tech support. They want screengrabs, but I told them video isn’t worth much without the audio.

abernathy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 pm I heard back from a Sales guy at Plugin Alliance that tech support had confirmed the bug and are working on a fix... soon I hope - would love to get luftrum’s presets!
Great! And thanks! :)
DJMaytag wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 am Heard back from tech support. They want screengrabs, but I told them video isn’t worth much without the audio.
Their support apparently largely depends upon who you get in touch with, some acknowledge the bug is already existing while others have no clue, seems their support is missing some internal communication channels and/or bug-reporting system. You can always redirect them to this vid: https://youtu.be/PZIFa-uBL24
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

I guess this was one of the reasons they said they would stop posting on the GS forum. Poor customer relations.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Luftrum wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:24 am
abernathy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 pm I heard back from a Sales guy at Plugin Alliance that tech support had confirmed the bug and are working on a fix... soon I hope - would love to get luftrum’s presets!
Great! And thanks! :)
DJMaytag wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 am Heard back from tech support. They want screengrabs, but I told them video isn’t worth much without the audio.
Their support apparently largely depends upon who you get in touch with, some acknowledge the bug is already existing while others have no clue, seems their support is missing some internal communication channels and/or bug-reporting system. You can always redirect them to this vid: https://youtu.be/PZIFa-uBL24
Hey Luftrum,
A month ago I heard back from PA. They claimed they had a fix but then it failed validation. They said they had been in touch with you. Have you heard anything? Seems like they're busy churning out new plug-ins and marketing schemes without fixing critical issues... I'm definitely not buying anything new from PA at this point.

abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 pm Hey Luftrum,
A month ago I heard back from PA. They claimed they had a fix but then it failed validation. They said they had been in touch with you. Have you heard anything? Seems like they're busy churning out new plug-ins and marketing schemes without fixing critical issues... I'm definitely not buying anything new from PA at this point.
I heard back from them with the same response as you got, quote: "the status of this bug is that it has been reported to our development team and they are still working on the issue. The progress is that we thought we had fixed the issue, but that turned out to fail validation and now the new version is in the works again. We apologize for the delay on this but the case has been reopened and we will continue to work on it. The last update is from August 1st so there has definitely been progress on the issue."

But then I haven't heard from them since. Apparently it takes a looong time to fix an issue which affects the sounds of all presets (or at least all presets with reverb active) of the entire factory library. I addressed the issue mid June. That's almost three months ago.
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Luftrum wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:21 am
abernathy wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:53 pm Hey Luftrum,
I heard back from them with the same response as you got, quote: "the status of this bug is that it has been reported to our development team and they are still working on the issue. The progress is that we thought we had fixed the issue, but that turned out to fail validation and now the new version is in the works again. We apologize for the delay on this but the case has been reopened and we will continue to work on it. The last update is from August 1st so there has definitely been progress on the issue."

But then I haven't heard from them since. Apparently it takes a looong time to fix an issue which affects the sounds of all presets (or at least all presets with reverb active) of the entire factory library. I addressed the issue mid June. That's almost three months ago.
I think they had their initial wave of sales - they got their money and a bunch of "5 star" reviews from people that don't know any better - and now they don't care about fixing what could be a nice instrument. I would say that Plugin Alliance is now the Walmart of music plug-ins... but Walmart has better customer service!

Usually PA updates its products twice a year, so it may be out with their next framework update in October (guessing the same month as last year)

How well does this emulate the SEM?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I just received a 50$ voucher for November from PA and I thought to sell my Oberhausen combined with it for let's say 75€.
But then I played a bit with this thingy and what can I say: it sound quite good!
What shall I do?

Calenberger wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm I just received a 50$ voucher for November from PA and I thought to sell my Oberhausen combined with it for let's say 75€.
But then I played a bit with this thingy and what can I say: it sound quite good!
What shall I do?
Are you gonna use it 100% in your music? have you used?

If no then you know you should get rid of it.

New update for a lot of PA Plugins.. It seems that bx_oberhausen was fixed:

bx_oberhausen

Fixed no sound in Studio One AU Fixed crash in Digital Performer 9
Fixed crash when closing editor while "Save Preset As" Dialog is open
Fixed preset management categories not being sorted
Fixed possible issues with preset management and plugin states
Fixed possible unresponsiveness when creating a new preset
Fixed issue where the favorite status was not always correctly reflected
Fixed reverb damping not being saved
Fixed undo/redo inconsistencies
Fixed some minor UI issues Improved NKS for controller support

Yippee! Finally! Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “Instruments”