PG-8X (2.0) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pg-8x

fanodu1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm Personally I like the patches this guy makes
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onq9tc65wljzi ... Xbank?dl=0

excellent bank! thanks! :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Does anyone have an issue in Live 10 when they press play, then the VST resets to preset 63 in the current bank, no matter what preset it's currently at?

no problem so far, maybe you have in your midi clip file set the .fxb selection

martin_l wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:45 pm First of all, sorry for the long silence. Life has been quite busy the last year (and still is...).
Hi Martin. If you are still doing any development on this, I have an issue loading some patches or banks where many sounds are the initial patch. Using Cubase 10.03 on Windows 10.

For example, I was trying to create a bank to save with the syx files from the
G-StormElectro_JX8P_Bank1. If I load patch number one, save to the patch 1 spot, then load patch 2 (Bass), and save to the spot 2, then arrow back to patch one, it is the initial patch sound.

I have seen the same problem when loading a bank of factory sounds (kvr_414571_6184_1522007599.zip).

I am curious if anyone else can replicate this.

Thanks!

Everything works fine here with Reaper 5.981 x64 and W7 x64. The only thing that bothers me is that you cannot setup a default set of CCs that loads with the synth. You have to setup a preset with CCs that you always have to load manually first. Shame, as the synth could save CC setings in its .INI file. The .INI file as it is, is only used for a couple of settings.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

You could save your CCs then save that as default preset in Reaper. Then it will always open with that preset loaded first.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:37 pm You could save your CCs then save that as default preset in Reaper. Then it will always open with that preset loaded first.
... or make a track template for it.

But he is using Cubase :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Same thing is possible in Cubase (default preset for plugin).

DuX wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 pm Everything works fine here with Reaper 5.981 x64 and W7 x64.
Hi DuX. Did you try loading any of those that I mentioned? I had no problems with some other patches/banks.

Thanks.

What's interesting, I tried saving a default preset with Reaper as that always works as the best solution and I love that, but it didn't work with PG-8X for some reason. So I have to keep loading a "CCs preset" from PG-8X every time. So it's supposed to work? That's nice to know. I will give it another look. Thanks guys! :tu:

What is "Cubase"? :hihi: I remember an Atari program I used for sequencing in the 90s, it might have been called that way. [kidding, kidding :hug: !]
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok, back to MY issue (I'm very important)... ;)

I've finally got around to trying this and I really like it. I have a question though, why is the tuning odd? some notes in the scale are quite noticeably flat and makes playing chords quite dissonant. Is this an intentional artefact of Analog synths? Is there a way to minimize it?

thanks in advance!
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

lahatte wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:21 am
martin_l wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:45 pm First of all, sorry for the long silence. Life has been quite busy the last year (and still is...).
Hi Martin. If you are still doing any development on this, I have an issue loading some patches or banks where many sounds are the initial patch. Using Cubase 10.03 on Windows 10.

For example, I was trying to create a bank to save with the syx files from the
G-StormElectro_JX8P_Bank1. If I load patch number one, save to the patch 1 spot, then load patch 2 (Bass), and save to the spot 2, then arrow back to patch one, it is the initial patch sound.

I have seen the same problem when loading a bank of factory sounds (kvr_414571_6184_1522007599.zip).

I am curious if anyone else can replicate this.

Thanks!
Hi! It sounds to me that you have AUTO WRITE turned off in the Settings. In this case, the plugin emulates the behaviour of the hardware, where you need to explicitly safe the preset using the WRITE button. If you prefer the way other VSTs work, automatically saving presets into the bank, set this to ON.

Please, let me know whether that resolves your issue.

Cheers,
Martin

Jbravo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm I've finally got around to trying this and I really like it. I have a question though, why is the tuning odd? some notes in the scale are quite noticeably flat and makes playing chords quite dissonant. Is this an intentional artefact of Analog synths? Is there a way to minimize it?

thanks in advance!
Can you elaborate whether that happens with all patches? If you refer to the Bell like patches using XMOD, this is sue to the reduced resolution of the DCOs and a similar effect is also audible in the hardware.

Other sounds should not show this odd tuning.

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:12 pm
Jbravo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm I've finally got around to trying this and I really like it. I have a question though, why is the tuning odd? some notes in the scale are quite noticeably flat and makes playing chords quite dissonant. Is this an intentional artefact of Analog synths? Is there a way to minimize it?

thanks in advance!
Can you elaborate whether that happens with all patches? If you refer to the Bell like patches using XMOD, this is sue to the reduced resolution of the DCOs and a similar effect is also audible in the hardware.

Other sounds should not show this odd tuning.

Cheers,
Martin
well I'm scrolling through presets in the Kujashi banks, pretty much everyone has some slight tuning issues. One octave might be fine but then the next one up will start to go flat a few notes in
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Return to “Instruments”