EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 7 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Juju251 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:21 am I have a question : Do you allow me to translate this procedure in french and post it to the Clubic.com's forums ?
I say go for it! :)

jannalexx wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:28 pm Works OK with some minor issues, some (sort of) Latency with asio drivers. Can someone check the asio behavior with the DPC latency check software, so to confirm the issue? https://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

So here, the ctasio.dll is the one used until now on every asio application. To force the ctasio64.dll to be used you have to search some registry entries and chance the name of the corresponding file. Then software will use the ctasio64.dll if they have the capability to do so.
I do not know if this can break compatibility with some old x86 software on x64 systems.
Thanks for the info! Attached is my DPC latency with that tool. I too am using a PCIe to PCI card. I will give the ctasio64.dll a try. I currently record with 2ms set in ASIO control panel so my performance is already good, but I'd rather use the newer dll too (2010 date vs 2019 date).
DPC Latency.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think the point is to test both with asio in use and not in use, to find if there is any additional latency on the e-mu side. Less than 10ms asio driver setting would be ok.
:phones:

ClubHouseKey wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:06 pm
Juju251 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:21 am I have a question : Do you allow me to translate this procedure in french and post it to the Clubic.com's forums ?
I say go for it! :)
Thank you ! :)

EMU 1212m/1616m (PCI/PCI-Express) Driver Install
Complete Instructions for Windows 10 1903+

sherwoodsound wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:36 pm EMU 1212m/1616m (PCI/PCI-Express) Driver Install
Complete Instructions for Windows 10 1903+
Is this supposed to be a link to something or the header for more information or something? As it is, it's just two lines of text. :?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hi Steve

I accidentally pressed "Submit" instead of "Preview". Apologies.

Basically, I was going to produce a complete guide because I had to make a few changes to get the fix to work with my 1616m.

You need to prepare everything with ClubHouseKey's script files and x-fi driver files in "c:\temp" BEFORE installing the beta drivers and edit the script to change the two instances of "E-MU E-DSP" to your audio card's friendly name seen in Device Manager.

Then uninstall both PatchMix and current drivers, install the beta drivers and restart while holding down the shift key to reboot into safe mode. (If you run the script in the normal Windows environment then either it won't let you run scripts or some files do not get overwritten as they're in use)

So while in safe mode you can right-click "Start" and run Powershell as Admin. Type "CD C:\temp" and then ".\EMU_Driver_Fix" to run the script.

Restart Windows normally and install PatchMix.

The 1616m will now work.

Martin

sherwoodsound wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:28 pm Hi Steve

I accidentally pressed "Submit" instead of "Preview". Apologies.

Basically, I was going to produce a complete guide because I had to make a few changes to get the fix to work with my 1616m.

You need to prepare everything with ClubHouseKey's script files and x-fi driver files in "c:\temp" BEFORE installing the beta drivers and edit the script to change the two instances of "E-MU E-DSP" to your audio card's friendly name seen in Device Manager.

Then uninstall both PatchMix and current drivers, install the beta drivers and restart while holding down the shift key to reboot into safe mode. (If you run the script in the normal Windows environment then either it won't let you run scripts or some files do not get overwritten as they're in use)

So while in safe mode you can right-click "Start" and run Powershell as Admin. Type "CD C:\temp" and then ".\EMU_Driver_Fix" to run the script.

Restart Windows normally and install PatchMix.

The 1616m will now work.

Martin
No worries. I appreciate your effort on this, Martin, and I think a "complete guide" would be great! And if it's not hosted somewhere (even on Dropbox), maybe it could be posted here, and made as a sticky. I know there are still a lot of people using the E-MU devices, and the work you all have done on this makes moving to Windows 10 considerably easier! :wink:

And FWIW, you can just go back to that message edit it, and put in the consolidated information.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

planetearth wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am No worries. I appreciate your effort on this, Martin, and I think a "complete guide" would be great! And if it's not hosted somewhere (even on Dropbox), maybe it could be posted here, and made as a sticky. I know there are still a lot of people using the E-MU devices, and the work you all have done on this makes moving to Windows 10 considerably easier! :wink:

And FWIW, you can just go back to that message edit it, and put in the consolidated information.

Steve
Thanks Steve. Visit this forum often but only just registered because I think what the folks here have achieved is amazing and wanted to make things easier and more accessible, so I will be making a new thread where the first post will always be up to date with the latest information.

sherwoodsound wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:32 am
Thanks Steve. Visit this forum often but only just registered because I think what the folks here have achieved is amazing and wanted to make things easier and more accessible, so I will be making a new thread where the first post will always be up to date with the latest information.
Maybe call it ...

EMU 1212m/1616m on Windows 10 - The Thread to End All Other EMU Threads!

:wink:

This is what it is about... sharing how we can keep our fantastic E-MU cards alive.

toonertik wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:38 am
Maybe call it ...

This is what it is about... sharing how we can keep our fantastic E-MU cards alive.
Also don’t forget the overall fix works for other E-MU cards like 1820, 1820m, and 0404. :)

ClubHouseKey wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:43 am
toonertik wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:38 am
Maybe call it ...

Also don’t forget the overall fix works for other E-MU cards like 1820, 1820m, and 0404. :)
Yep. Good idea to mention Windows 10 and the other E-MU cards, since I've helped quite a few people who didn't know the driver codebase (and much of the hardware) was the same, and therefore, the drivers were more or less interchangeable. I tested this myself when I installed the E-MU 1010 PCIe drivers for my 0404 PCIe because I couldn't find any others for Windows 7. Worked fine. ;)

Steve

Hi. I NEED HELP, URGENTLY!! I bought second hand the emu 1820 to connect it to my 1212. I connected it through the EDI cable but it does not work. Do you have to install another driver? or do something special?

I have windows 7 64 bit. I had the beta version drivers installed. Should I try with others? I have downloaded drivers version 2.1. I don't know if they will be for 64 bit. I appreciate your help, I'm worried

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”