Would you buy a voice-controlled DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah.. sure i talk to those as well. Involuntarily. :)

so are you saying you are so use to talking to those machines you didn't even think about them? :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I suppressed it. :D

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 pm https://youtu.be/6bpuBoOssPc
:lol:

You're my wife now! :hihi:

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:45 pm
Hink wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:21 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:49 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:36 pm Assuming it works well and is straightforward, e.g., "Hey Ableton, bring up the bass to [X setting] and reduce the vocals to [Y setting]," would you be interested in it?
Nope. Call me conservative, but, i just can't get used to talk to a machine...
aint got no phone?
Of course, but then i talk to people, not the phone itself. :)
people are machines :-o

Forgotten wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:05 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:22 pm https://youtu.be/6bpuBoOssPc
:lol:

You're my wife now! :hihi:
hello dave.

Bringing voice control in the daw is very useful and i believe we will have more and more options in the future for the types of services. Proof is, there is a couple apps doing at the moment Im writing this. Voice Commander is doing fast intents to really boost the workflow. with speech recognition.It needs not to wake it like "hey alexa..." or "hey siri..."and the command is not sent to the cloud, so interaction are much faster.)
You can see it in action here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o18Z3Y6coe0

when I was in the army I had an old tv that had a clicker for a remote (audio remotes back in the day), I lived in a moblie home with no skirt around it. My dog loved to run under there and the tother side (sadly chasing armadillos and she never learned their quick and their claws are razors). We would be watching the tv and suddenly it would shut off, then it would turn back on again. This went on for about a month, one day it happened and I noticed the dog right outside after another shut off, I went and grabbed my keys, dangled them in front of my tv and it turned back on...did it again and it turned off. Dog tags

As I get older I do worry more and more about eyesight, a voice controlled daw would be awesome but I foresee a whole new set of issues :hihi:

btw I had to destroy the receiver for the remote, we didnt have a remote anymore anyhow, we bought the tv from a pawn shop...I would take the tv on nights I pulled all night duty in the barracks, everyone would be shaking their keys and dog tags at it :lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:35 pm when I was in the army ...
Who is the author? Is it you? :o
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

I think indeed that something like voice commander leads to the future.
Combining voice, mimic, gestic.
Hey Siri, make a top 10 hit.... :D
But serious, i find that is a great thing to happen. If it really works well in also not only english language i would buy into it.

Uh...but i saw now voice commander is a subscription service....no way!
And i wonder if it not could work without an iPhone or also with some iOS DAWs.
The idea is great but still not worth a subscription for me. I would buy maybe as one time purchase.
(but at least there is a free version with limited to the first 5 tracks to try out...which i will do now).

I just saw that this is already possible with the iOS Garage Band via voice control.
You can do really a lot there via voice control. Now i wonder if there isn´t something native for Logic already.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am I was born in the South of England.
You will perhaps though have the advantage of being very good at pronouncing the names of certain philosophers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant

..as a randomly chosen example.

I’m not sure I see voice-commands doing anything but slow down workflow. Maybe I’m missing something.

What would it do if I said ''go and f**k yourself'', after it crashed (again)?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”