One Synth Challenge #126: Bazz::Murda by DistoCore (MrKarolus is the winner!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazz::Murda Free Bazz::Murda Pro

RichardSemper wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:47 pm
Ranoka wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 am Couple of questions:
Can we use the Pro version as well at the free one?
Can we use their Disto::Fx plugin along side?
Answers:
1. Yes, Pro version can be used (declare which at submission please)
2. Yes, allowed! Should make things interesting :)
Thanks for clarifying, I might well donate :D

Hi,

first of all many thanks for selecting my synth for such a great and creative competition.
I'm adding the following DistoCore prizes to the prize list:
1. Bazz::Murda PRO + Disto::FX PRO bundle (the winner takes it all)
2. Bazz::Murda PRO
3. Disto::FX PRO

@bjporter: I hope that's fine for you :)
I already shared this post on our Facebook page, so maybe some hardcore heads will join the challenge too.

I hope lots of artists will join the challenge and have fun experimenting with some wicked hardcore sounds!
Your feedback is very much welcome and It would be great to use it in my further development of the Bazz::Murda synth plug-in.

Please make sure to download the plug-in from the provided link (our official website).
For starting with the synth please check the build-in programs, hopefully it's a good starting point for your production.

Have fun and good luck!

Just wanted to explore the softcore side of the synth. Hope you enjoy this short snippet!
https://soundcloud.com/theexponent/murdawntempo/s-qMUoY
Last edited by exponent1 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

^ Very nice.

Hi DC, I have bug in Abeton Live x64 VST2 Windows 10, the 3 LFO freq parameters in Oscs will be reset to 2.70 Hz when the plugin goes off-line for audio export. For that reason (and maybe others) the exported WAV from MIDI track sounds very different.
DistoCore wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm Your feedback is very much welcome and It would be great to use it in my further development of the Bazz::Murda synth plug-in.

Please make sure to download the plug-in from the provided link (our official website).
For starting with the synth please check the build-in programs, hopefully it's a good starting point for your production.

Have fun and good luck!

Hi liqih,

thanks for reporting the issue.
I will try to reproduce the bug and fix it asap.
There is also another feature request for controlling the pitch-wheel range,
so this will also fit into a hot-fix next week.

Furthermore I've done a brief unit description and because there is still no user guide, so at least you can have a look here:
https://distocore.online/doc.html

Happy producing!

If anyone is interested in getting a gritty neuro bass texture, try this on a Pulse waveform
(I didn't activate the oscillator-filter)

Also - definitely mess with the pan knob on the oscilator, you can get really a wide sounding result

Nvm 8)
Last edited by Eauson on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Quick request, if it's alright for me to do so:

Would it be possible to add a monophonic mode and portamento controls into the synth? I'm sorta missing those features in my music.
It's very tasty, I swear!

zerofox97 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:51 pm Quick request, if it's alright for me to do so:

Would it be possible to add a monophonic mode and portamento controls into the synth? I'm sorta missing those features in my music.
Hi zerofox97,

thanks for your message and the improvement suggestion.
These sound like very good ideas and I will definitely put both of the features onto my TODO list for another future version.
For 1.7 version available for the challenge it is not possible unfortunately.

Hopefully it is not a show stopper and you can join the challenge anyway.

Thanks and have fun with OSC!

Resubmitted later in thread.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Just one request for bassmurda, when idle, ie not inputting midi data flush the resources, as it really ties up processing power :D
Fx modulation seems to be a big culprit :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

I know I say this almost every time, but I'm really excited for this round. I've always found the distortion side of this synth really interesting.

I was not aware that such styles even exists in music. I have quick listen to some gabber, terror core or how it called song and it was a real terror for my ears. :D Not going to make such a thing because I will be not able to withstand such sounds in longer time period required to finish track. :lol:

I have quick look at synth and there is one thing I can't find. Filter mod based on note velocity. Is there some secret option for that, some hiden switch or something? It is quite fundamental for percussive sounds If I do not want to end with sounds that are more suitable for AK-47 simulation :P .

Even without distortion module it sounds aggressive. But this is great opportunity to tame t-rex and change him to vegetarian bunny. :lol: Love that challenge.
Last edited by TrojakEW on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

@TrojakEW It depends, I listened to a lot of hardcore gabber in my youth and I still like it today. But I don't listen to badly made stuff, I know good artists.

Return to “Instruments”