I love Synapse Audio Dune 1 VST!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:14 pm
fisherKing wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:53 pm would you use an old tv? or drive an old car? use a telephone modem? an old cell phone?
i do use an old cell phone. the flip non-smartphone type..
and i DO drive an old car....
i feel for you, really. and tv? do you use a picture-tube tv? also, what's your fax#... :D

Let's just say I don't run out and buy a new TV every time a new one is released. Same with my car - just because there is a newer model doesn't mean the one I have isn't every bit as good as it was when I bought it. I have also gone back to a more conventional mobile phone, after 10 years on smartphones, for pretty much exactly the reasons some people might prefer the original DUNE over any of the updates - most of what my smartphone does is stuff I don't give a shit about so I saw no reason to waste money on capabilities that I don't need or want when I could get everything I did want in a slider phone that cost US$75 brand new.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:26 am Let's just say I don't run out and buy a new TV every time a new one is released. Same with my car - just because there is a newer model doesn't mean the one I have isn't every bit as good as it was when I bought it. I have also gone back to a more conventional mobile phone, after 10 years on smartphones, for pretty much exactly the reasons some people might prefer the original DUNE over any of the updates - most of what my smartphone does is stuff I don't give a shit about so I saw no reason to waste money on capabilities that I don't need or want when I could get everything I did want in a slider phone that cost US$75 brand new.
ok then... :clap:

Obviously the point is lost on you. I don't buy a new car or TV or phone just because a new one is available, I wait until the one I already have gives me a reason. Except maybe cars, I buy new cars way more often than I should. If DUNE still works for you, why would you bother to update it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

use what makes you happy. but... the idea that you've abandoned a smartphone for a slider phone speaks volumes... and yet, there again, use what makes you happy.

let's get back to discussing dune1; realized i could DL it (or dune2) from my synapse audio account. took me 2 seconds to realize there was no need for that. having too much fun with dune3.

"Speaks volumes" how, exactly? Because I have an actual life and having it constantly interrupted is annoying? Because I am sufficiently in charge of my life that I don't need to be organised by a machine? Or because I see no reason to spend $1000 for the privilege of giving up reams of my personal data to a dozen different corporations?

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:41 pm "Speaks volumes" how, exactly? Because I have an actual life and having it constantly interrupted is annoying? Because I am sufficiently in charge of my life that I don't need to be organised by a machine? Or because I see no reason to spend $1000 for the privilege of giving up reams of my personal data to a dozen different corporations?
:tu:
GRRRRRRR... I always growl and have to kick my own ass when I agree with ole Bonesy

:wink:
but my cars are always old... like the 76 Holden ute or 78 Ford Falcon panel van
and my 20 year old Merc.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:41 pm "Speaks volumes" how, exactly? Because I have an actual life and having it constantly interrupted is annoying? Because I am sufficiently in charge of my life that I don't need to be organised by a machine? Or because I see no reason to spend $1000 for the privilege of giving up reams of my personal data to a dozen different corporations?
as i said, use what makes you happy. and if you do get a picture-tube tv, sony's were really good...

Superior picture quality to a TFT screen, that's for sure, but not so easily wall mounted.

BONES wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 pm Superior picture quality to a TFT screen, that's for sure, but not so easily wall mounted.
show me a picture-tube tv with a better screen quality to a current 4k tv; it's impossible. some things just get better; in general (and perhaps not always): tech gets better.

Even though Ive only used the CM version, Dune 1 is a beast. It was the main reason I liked 2 & eventually onto 3. Both of the later versions are better... depending on your metrics for that adjective, but there is nothing like the original. It just has a intimate low kind of sound that just feels right. Its great for drums & basses. I wish Synapse still had it available. Id snatch it up in a heartbeat. Id really like to use it with the ibcluded effects tobsee how the pads sound... but ultimately I can use other tools.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 pm Even though Ive only used the CM version, Dune 1 is a beast. It was the main reason I liked 2 & eventually onto 3. Both of the later versions are better... depending on your metrics for that adjective, but there is nothing like the original. It just has a intimate low kind of sound that just feels right. Its great for drums & basses. I wish Synapse still had it available. Id snatch it up in a heartbeat. Id really like to use it with the ibcluded effects tobsee how the pads sound... but ultimately I can use other tools.
if you have an account, can't you still download the earlier versions? swore i saw them there in my account this morning....

EDIT: yep, still there to download...

Never owned v1. Only 2 & 3 Dune CM is the only version of v1 that Ive used.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 pm Even though Ive only used the CM version, Dune 1 is a beast. It was the main reason I liked 2 & eventually onto 3. Both of the later versions are better... depending on your metrics for that adjective, but there is nothing like the original. It just has a intimate low kind of sound that just feels right.

DUNE 1,2 and 3 were not point releases,although 3 feels more like a 2.x release in so many ways :hug:

I don't subscribe to the theory that something new is necessarily better,even though the manufacturers do their upmost to convince us that this is a fact !

When you're doodling with a synth in singularity or comparing A with B,it's easy to be convinced of any superiority based on technical details and specifications...

But when we're using those same tools to create music combining various elements,it becomes a completely different ballgame altogether...

What sounded great in singularity will often not work in the mix and many of the finer details are lost in the transition as well...

One of the reasons I like DUNE 1,is that it's so easy to tweak different aspects of the synth to make it blend together with the other parts in the bigger picture :wink:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:57 am
Saukar30 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:41 pm Even though Ive only used the CM version, Dune 1 is a beast. It was the main reason I liked 2 & eventually onto 3. Both of the later versions are better... depending on your metrics for that adjective, but there is nothing like the original. It just has a intimate low kind of sound that just feels right.

DUNE 1,2 and 3 were not point releases,although 3 feels more like a 2.x release in so many ways :hug:

I don't subscribe to the theory that something new is necessarily better,even though the manufacturers do their upmost to convince us that this is a fact !

When you're doodling with a synth in singularity or comparing A with B,it's easy to be convinced of any superiority based on technical details and specifications...

But when we're using those same tools to create music combining various elements,it becomes a completely different ballgame altogether...

What sounded great in singularity will often not work in the mix and many of the finer details are lost in the transition as well...

One of the reasons I like DUNE 1 so much,is that is so easy to tweak different aspects of the synth to make it blend together with the other elements in the bigger picture :wink:
i absolutely agree, new isn't always better. but i'd never give up dune 3 for dune 1 (or 2). still... if one wants, one can use both (or all 3). or whatever.

it's that 'whatever' that makes life interesting; that we all use different combinations of the plugins we like, to make the music we want to make.

then we put sh*t out, and it's out of our control... (finally) 8)

Return to “Instruments”