v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Hi magicmusic,

yes, I agree that would be useful. I have been planning to add a similar feature in RapidComposer for a long time. This would be even more interesting to apply for existing phrases as a variation. Or adding this to a track, to be applied for every note, the possibilities are endless.

I did not progress with supporting controllers in phrases unfortunately. It is more work than I expected, but I will start implementing it in September. I am sorry about the delay.

In a few days I'll upload a new beta version with the new Rhythm Mapper phrase generator. Many of you requested this feature in the past. Basically you can convert any imported MIDI phrases to a 'Rhythm Mapper'. Initially it uses the original phrase notes and rhythm, but the magic begins when you change its rhythm generator: the existing phrase notes will use the new rhythm. In the new update selecting another rhythm generator will automatically set the parameters to generate the same number of notes as in the phrase already. This did not work like that in the past, and I believe it is very useful. So you just press 'Regenerate Rhythm' and you can have your original phrase with a new rhythm. Other than this, slicing phrases randomly to get a new phrase is possible with the new 'Slice Phrase' variation.

Thanks,
Attila

magicmusic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:46 am Hi Attila

I see in riff generation sequencer what is usefull in RC too. how is the progress to support controller in phrases ?.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila

thanks for information. slice phrase is too a great new feature. often it happen that 1 bar of the generate phrase sound good, but bar 2 not so good. with the slice phrase variation can create a longer phrase and use the best bars and merge together. really sad that it is so hard to add controller support to phrases
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:25 am Hello David,
nothing has changed in this regard, the Chord Naming option is in the master track inspector. Right-click on the "Master Track" label to open the inspector for the composition.
Thanks,
Attila
Hi, Attila.

Thank you, a very stupid mistake that I had made. Thanks!

I can insert x bars very quick but not delete them quick:

Hi Attila
with the new chord coloring i see often not which chord is the active when chord selector window is open. maybe you can inverse the color shade for active chord so it look as a pressed button or do something other to let it see better ?

crossovercable wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:59 am I can insert x bars very quick but not delete them quick:
The proper way to delete bars is making a selection on the timeline and pressing the 'delete' button, or pressing "Remove Region" in the timeline inspector. This has the advantage that you can set up the from/to times exactly.

Thanks,
Attila

magicmusic wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:46 am Hi Attila
with the new chord coloring i see often not which chord is the active when chord selector window is open. maybe you can inverse the color shade for active chord so it look as a pressed button or do something other to let it see better ?
Hi magicmusic,

Good idea. I have already uploaded a new beta but I will try to fix this for the next one.

Thanks!
Attila

Please tell me again where to get these betas—THANK YOU!

Of course, I'll send you the download links in PM.
Thanks,
Attila

RapidComposer v3.8b3 is available!

Feedback is welcome about the new features :)

Improvements:
  • New phrase generator: 'Rhythm Mapper'. You can convert any imported MIDI phrases to 'Rhythm Mapper' which lets you use another rhythm with the phrase. This is available only in the 'convert phrase to generator...' menu, not in the phrase browser.
  • New variation: 'Slice Phrase': slicing phrases randomly to get a new phrase (with a few options)
  • New option when dropping a phrase/rhythm on another phrase: 'Convert To Rhythm Mapper And Apply Rhythm'
  • New option in the rhythm generator menu: 'Set Up New Rhythm To Match The Note Count': the program automatically finds rhythm generator settings that create the same number of notes as in the currently edited phrase. This is possible to do with most rhythm generators, but not all.
  • The chord entry box has the chord name highlighted initially
  • Placement of the chord tools buttons improved, especially for very long chord boxes
  • Improved colors when the chord name is displayed with red on a red background
  • Fixed an annoying hidden bug when previewing phrases

Hello Attila!
In the new beta version, I can’t add any variation to the phrase inspector using the Add button ! (

Hi Attila
I test the slice variation and i see it can work only with random. I choose setting slice count 4 on a 2 bar Phrase.
what sense have the do not slice notes button ?. this is on by default. and i need disable it, only then notes are changed. with this on it do nothing
now i can press the random button and the phrase that is create is often larger as 2 bars. so it does not fit in song.

I think a important feature for this is when there can choose too the play order in number gadgets. when slice count is set to 4 then there are 4 number gadgets. each gadget can contain a number between 0-4. 0 mean play no slice. to play in order as without the effect there is in the number gadgets this order 1 gadget 1/ 2. gadget 2. in short 1 2 3 4 . so it is possible to notice better which result happen. when press the dice button the results are add in the number gadgets. so can later change a random create order so it sound or fit better to music

Still playing around with the new features, but just have to say that with every iteration, RapidComposer becomes more powerful and sparks great new ideas. Thanks for all the incredible work, Attila!

David

lulukom wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 am Hello Attila!
In the new beta version, I can’t add any variation to the phrase inspector using the Add button ! (
Hi lulukom,

your are right, I messed up menu handling on macOS! :oops:
Please re-download the current beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

Daspub wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:17 pm Still playing around with the new features, but just have to say that with every iteration, RapidComposer becomes more powerful and sparks great new ideas. Thanks for all the incredible work, Attila!

David
Hi David,
thank you very much for your nice comment :)
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”