Ableton Live Lite: any good?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm I could also play a Death Metal song on a acoustic guitar. I doubt anyone would sanely call that Death Metal.
Not actually listened to any Death Metal bands either, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf7e0eRu5Jg
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

the beatles arent death metal.
just before we go down that road...

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm the beatles arent death metal.
You should stop using the "b" word - it upsets people.

Perhaps "bb" for beach boys would be less offensive.

So the question is could the beach boys have made the iconic "Pet Sounds" using just Ableton 10 Lite ?

yeah, for sure. brian is a fecking genius.

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm I could also play a Death Metal song on a acoustic guitar. I doubt anyone would sanely call that Death Metal.
Not actually listened to any Death Metal bands either, then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf7e0eRu5Jg
If someone played this for you, would you call it "Death Metal"?

Again, though, i wonder what your point is anyway. Apart from trying desperately to make me look bad here. Or getting your internet boner up.

"ah, i see, electronic music isnt the same as edm, ill make sure i dont confuse the two again, thanks for the info"

and no, it is acoustic music by death metal bands.
just like some beatles tracks are "electronic music by a rock/pop act" ;)

Come on guys, everyone knows electronic music didn't arrive until the yellow flying submarine crash landed in Roswell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cptgone wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:25 pm Come on guys, everyone knows electronic music didn't arrive until the yellow flying submarine crash landed in Roswell.
as the op, im guessing you are imaginative enough to put ableton livelite to good use. :party:

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:38 pm "ah, i see, electronic music isnt the same as edm, ill make sure i dont confuse the two again, thanks for the info"

and no, it is acoustic music by death metal bands.
just like some beatles tracks are "electronic music by a rock/pop act" ;)
dont be silly. how can an artist who has been described with one arbitrary label produce work that has been described with a different arbitrary label? dont people know that the act of categorising a band under a genre is a legally binding contract for them to never produce any work of any other genre, description, type or style ever ever ever?

I mean, everyone knows Celtic Frost were taken to The International Court for Music Crime for Into the Panedomonium....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GldjAfBZts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ku1CzCpEs

dellboy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:52 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm the beatles arent death metal.
You should stop using the "b" word - it upsets people.

Perhaps "bb" for beach boys would be less offensive.

So the question is could the beach boys have made the iconic "Pet Sounds" using just Ableton 10 Lite ?
It's unfortunate what capitalism has done to tarnish the music, legacy and myth of the Beatles.

Had they remained a smaller more cultish act like Mott The Hoople, would their records have still made the impact they did?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

dellboy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:52 pm So the question is could the beach boys have made the iconic "Pet Sounds" using just Ableton 10 Lite ?
No. They would still need the studio, technology and workflow that existed when Wilson was making it.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm
dellboy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:52 pm So the question is could the beach boys have made the iconic "Pet Sounds" using just Ableton 10 Lite ?
No. They would still need the studio, technology and workflow that existed when Wilson was making it.
I'm really surprised no one has jumped in yet and said they could have done it with Reaper...

telecode wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:22 pm
Yes, thats a given, the need for a studio and engineers. So could a studio with a PC and Live Lite 10 at its heart be used to recreate Pet Sounds ?

The engineer would be in the control room handling overdubs and maybe outboard fx. A studio engineer would be assigned to mic placements etc. A studio mixer desk would be allowed to handle 8 tracks of simultaneous audio. 3 inputs for guitars and the rest for drums and vocals.

Forgotten wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 pm
I'm really surprised no one has jumped in yet and said they could have done it with Reaper...
Reaper 8 Lite free.

Sounds cool. :hihi:

dellboy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:17 pmSo could a studio with a PC and Live Lite 10 at its heart be used to recreate Pet Sounds ?
Someone would have to provide a pretty bloody compelling reason why not. Very little of the 'art' is codependent with the mechanics of the recording medium, after all.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”