Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

The Sarge! wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm @msvs
now I feel like I was a little boy in christmas-time: "Mum, will we get gift today?", "No, you´ve to sleep one more night" :lol: :party:
That's what you get for peeking in the closet. :hihi:

rj0 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 pm
now I feel like I was a little boy in christmas-time: "Mum, will we get gift today?", "No, you´ve to sleep one more night" :lol: :party:
hey dude, do we know each other or why are you dissing me? :o
if it wasn´t ment in the way the urbon-dictionary says, then ok
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... e%20closet
I love jokes etc., but if meant so, you crossed the line a huge way! and then hell shut your mouth!

The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 am
rj0 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 pm
hey dude, do we know each other or why are you dissing me? :o
if it wasn´t ment in the way the urbon-dictionary says, then ok
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... e%20closet
I love jokes etc., but if meant so, you crossed the line a huge way! and then hell shut your mouth!
Please ignore urbandictionary.
Click here https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/ ... lance-peek

@rasscass
ah, ok, THANK YOU
I´ve to use urbandictionary or anything familar, because I´m a german nearly 50y old so my school-english is long time ago (and I wasn´t good in it)

I was brought up in the US (but ran away and live in the UK now), so I'm an expert at this.
He definitely meant peeking in the closet before Christmas - because you know there is no Santa Claus, and you know the presents are hidden in there.
It is definitely an innocent comment about accidentaly seeing your present before you're supposed to ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

A post from Manuel on Facebook:

« some important news:

Unfortunately the appearance of recent warez really hurt us hard. Using NOT the elicenser protection for VPS Avenger was a bold decision we made, listening to all those customers, who want to travel with their laptops, or dont want to plug a dongle permanently in general - but finally it turned out it was the wrong decision. Now we basically have to start from zero again. Its sad, that nowadays you are forced to do such protection measures, but unfortunately thats the world. I had a long talk with Rene and different solutions were on the table and I want to be completely honest here with you guys: One of them was, that version 1.5. becomes dongle protected and therefore NOT a free update. But since we already told you, that it will be free for our customers, we will stick to this promise - although the circumstances have changed. Version 1.5.X (+following bugfixes) will be the last bigger free update for Avenger with new content. It will contain the guitar module, a free XP, new analog filters, new skin, new factory library stuff and much much more. After this, I am sad to say, that it will be impossible for us to continue the way we did so far. We were happy, that we could spend the last 2 years mainly working on fun stuff, such as bringing you new features and sounds - but as the situation is now, much time is needed to maintain the copy protection. It will start with Avenger 2.0, which has to be a paid update (no price set yet) and will introduce (beside new features) the eLicenser dongle again, which was the only 100% secure mechanism for us yet: Our Dongle protected plugins were never cracked in any way. It will take quite a long time and effort to switch to the new protection system, so dont expect this update anytime soon. Furthermore each license key for the elicenser will cost money, so the update can't obviously be free. Updates after 2.0 will be free of charge again of course.

I know that some of you may not want to do the change to version 2.0 then, because they want no dongle, but unfortunately we have no other choice at the moment. They can of course still stick to their 1.5.x which will get bugfixes if necessary. There already have been more free updates and features for Avenger, than other products get in their entire lifetime. So no need to complain about sticking to 1.5.x. since its a fully fledged Avenger.

There was a similar situation with Nexus 1 > 2 if someone remembers.

Thanks to all loyal and nice people here in this group, who accompanied us so far!

Once it is 100% sure again (with v2.0), that only our customers who paid have acces to it, we will continue to make gifts in form of free sounds or new features. Looking forward to it!

I would strongly advise not to use any illegal XPs, especially not with your legit versions...

As some may have read, we planned to move our older plugins to a non-dongle protected system, but atm this plan is no longer valid obviously.

ps: only thing which could make us move away from the dongle plan would be, that 1.5.0 (which will get some copy protection fixes) will be secure and uncracked during the year of development for 2.0. »

jbraner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 am I was brought up in the US (but ran away and live in the UK now), so I'm an expert at this.
He definitely meant peeking in the closet before Christmas - because you know there is no Santa Claus, and you know the presents are hidden in there.
It is definitely an innocent comment about accidentaly seeing your present before you're supposed to ;)
Yes, definitely that is what I meant.

Sorry for any confusion.

Don't give a s#it. I have the dongle, I have all their plugins. I'd prefer 2.0 to be a free update of course, but I understand. And I prefer dongle licences anyway. I won't be constantly worried to see that "too many activations" message appear one day.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

elicenser is surely the go-to solution. Will adopting the dongle effect on plugin response generally? Will it become lighter (performance wise)

Is there any reason to prefer elicenser over ilok?
I'm just asking because I've never used elicenser, bu thave loads of ilok protected plugins ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Look back at my earlier post from about a year ago, when Avenger was compromised. I was furious. Many on here felt that Rene and some of the others didn't want to hear of of such talk, and face the pink elephant in the room. But i appreciate the post on the Avenger group and for saying we made the wrong choice and are now taking a stance

Anybody want to buy Avenger ? It's dead to me if a Dongle is required in the future. It's the only reason I bought it in the first place because it required no dongle.

I don't use Pirated software, never have never will.

Oh well add Vengeance to my "dead developer's list"........ :shrug:

Rightfully so this will cause the same old Dongle Lovers vs Haters fight so I'm out of here. Enjoy your Dongles. Please feel free to shove them into any open port that makes you feel warm and fuzzy.... :tu:
Last edited by Teksonik on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jbraner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm Is there any reason to prefer elicenser over ilok?
I'm just asking because I've never used elicenser, bu thave loads of ilok protected plugins ;)
i have an elicenser dongle and ilok dongle. it seems that ilok protection is not much of a... protection.. strangely enough... (and for the record, all software i use is legal, i.e. bought myself..). but i was not holy so i know a lot of ilok stuff is cracked.

jbraner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm Is there any reason to prefer elicenser over ilok?
Man, iLok plugins are ALL cracked...
Sometimes the releases are for private crowds so you can't find every plugin, but the iLok protection has been bypassed a long long time ago.
eLicenser protection is a lot safer.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

@Teksonic
well, your Avenger wont stop working just because there will be a newer version. We still have customers using Nexus 1.X... especially since you will get a feature packed Avenger 1.5.X still for free.

ilok is no option
a.) too expansive
b.) all our existing customers from older plugins or Nexus already have the elicenser key

anyone may join the discussion at FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPSAvenger/

Return to “Instruments”