Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

It has taken a few years for a pirated version to show up, so I don't think it will hurt their business very much. All those pirates would never buy it anyway.

jbraner wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm Is there any reason to prefer elicenser over ilok?
I'm just asking because I've never used elicenser, bu thave loads of ilok protected plugins ;)
Same here (have ilok from way back, no elicenser dongles).

ilok is no option
a.) too expansive
b.) all our existing customers from older plugins or Nexus already have the elicenser key
Oh well, I'll probably just have to get a elicenser dongle then ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Wow.
I just came on board avenger on the last day of the 50% sale.
I have no issues with dongles per se.... However I am definitely pro ilok as compared to elicenser for one simple reason.
I have two systems. A PC in my studio and a Macbook pro which I use for pre production and composition and of late to be honest I use way more often than my PC.
One of the big conditions of me buying any software is that it comes with two authorisations, which ilok can allow if the developer choose to do so and to date elicenser still doesn't offer.
Of course they are some software like (Cubase and Nuendo, VPS glitch bitch and tape, that I caved and bought twice a few years ago). Made a commitment to myself to never do that again. IF it doesn't come with two authorisations, they go in my don't buy list.
Had I known, I would never have bought Avenger.
Would you consider waiving the transfer fee for X amount of time?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:03 pm Wow.
I just came on board avenger on the last day of the 50% sale.
I have no issues with dongles per se.... However I am definitely pro ilok as compared to elicenser for one simple reason.
I have two systems. A PC in my studio and a Macbook pro which I use for pre production and composition and of late to be honest I use way more often than my PC.
One of the big conditions of me buying any software is that it comes with two authorisations, which ilok can allow if the developer choose to do so and to date elicenser still doesn't offer.
Of course they are some software like (Cubase and Nuendo, VPS glitch bitch and tape, that I caved and bought twice a few years ago). Made a commitment to myself to never do that again. IF it doesn't come with two authorisations, they go in my don't buy list.
Had I known, I would never have bought Avenger.
Would you consider waiving the transfer fee for X amount of time?
rsp
I would also be open to buying a second license, NFR at minimal cost.
I already have the elicenser dongles for Cubendo etc.
rsp
sound sculptist

I have Avenger installed on three networked Mac Minis.

What happens to me? I have to purchase three f*cking dongles??

This would be a real kick in the teeth to loyal purchasers.

At least allow software elicenser. That is the minimum we should be entitled to.

msvs wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:45 pm b.) all our existing customers from older plugins or Nexus already have the elicenser key
Only thing I want to chip in on this unpleasant matter, I have no problems with dongles (have them both) - but I'd like to have 3 licenses (laptop, desktop and Vienna server). Since the current eLic Vengeance products I own are delivered with a single license, I assume there will be the same for Avenger.

I don't know the details (if you pay additionally when granting more licenses to the same user) but please think about the feasibility of the option for the customer to pay only the "activation" costs for 2nd & 3rd licenses.

PapaG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:08 pm At least allow software elicenser. That is the minimum we should be entitled to.
Not that I wouldn't like software elicenser too - I'm using a laptop with Cubase Elements specifically for the soft elicenser, and a desktop with Cubase pro + dongle.

But...you are entitled to the synth you bought, and you can keep using it as it is. Even better, after a lot a of free (not so small) updates you still get another major update for free.

IMHO Manuel / Vengeance are handling this very well - the solution and the open communication about it.

(could do without Facebook, but I guess (hope) an email is also coming...)

I imagine, like myself they got quite a few new users with the 50% off sale.

Indeed if the internal discussion for the e-licenser was after the 50% sale I would agree see your point of view, if however this was sort of decided before the 50% sale with no communication to the potential purchaser, I will disagree with you strongly.

rsp
JorgV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm
PapaG wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:08 pm At least allow software elicenser. That is the minimum we should be entitled to.
Not that I wouldn't like software elicenser too - I'm using a laptop with Cubase Elements specifically for the soft elicenser, and a desktop with Cubase pro + dongle.

But...you are entitled to the synth you bought, and you can keep using it as it is. Even better, after a lot a of free (not so small) updates you still get another major update for free.

IMHO Manuel / Vengeance are handling this very well - the solution and the open communication about it.

sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:29 pm I imagine, like myself they got quite a few new users with the 50% off sale.

Indeed if the internal discussion for the e-licenser was after the 50% sale I would agree see your point of view, if however this was sort of decided before the 50% sale with no communication to the potential purchaser, I will disagree with you strongly.

rsp
JorgV wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:23 pm

It’s now they are pirated, after the 50% off sale. Almost all their expansions just been unlocked.

I am still going to support you manuel you make some if not the best expansion. Hopefully in 2.0 you can update the drum seq and all the other modules

Also if 2.0 bring the wavetable editor that will be great news

+1 Please look into this.

Return to “Instruments”