The "NEW" Plugin Alliance?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 pm
ians wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 pm After only ever getting a $25 voucher, this month I get $50, even though I haven't bought stuff for a while. A little sweetener perhaps? :?
Or perhaps a generous loyalty discount? I got my first $50 voucher in July this year. Very welcome. YMMV.
I thought the voucher was based on how much you spent. In my case, not very much, so why the increase, unless they are trying to win us back?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Well, I've used my $50 to get the upgrade to Triad from Byome for free. Cant really complain about that...

ians wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:29 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:53 pm
ians wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 pm After only ever getting a $25 voucher, this month I get $50, even though I haven't bought stuff for a while. A little sweetener perhaps? :?
Or perhaps a generous loyalty discount? I got my first $50 voucher in July this year. Very welcome. YMMV.
I thought the voucher was based on how much you spent. In my case, not very much, so why the increase, unless they are trying to win us back?
AFAIK the voucher is based on how much you spent and how many plugins you "own". You're a heavy hitter if you have 20 or more ...
ians wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:46 pm Well, I've used my $50 to get the upgrade to Triad from Byome for free. Cant really complain about that...
:tu:

ians wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:46 pm Well, I've used my $50 to get the upgrade to Triad from Byome for free. Cant really complain about that...
After 63 pages of collective complaining, you must and you will :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:51 pm
After 63 pages of collective complaining, you must and you will :lol:
Oops. Sorry. Yes. I'll try to think of something...

OMG, new software "ADDED TO THE MEGA BUNDLEAT NO EXTRA COST!".
If only I had paid the fee, I'd now own rent this too!

The NEW Plugin Alliance has obviously become a RECYCLING enterprise...
Releasing old UAD stuff as new stuff for the masses.
Where are the really NEW innovative killer apps?

martinjuenke wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm The NEW Plugin Alliance has obviously become a RECYCLING enterprise...
Don't worry, after recycling a couple more amps (because who doesn't need more mediocre amps sims) by August 14 they will release a Flanger pedal, essential for mastering for that elusive 3D sound that will gently tingle your prostate.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm The NEW Plugin Alliance has obviously become a RECYCLING enterprise...
Don't worry, after recycling a couple more amps (because who doesn't need more mediocre amps sims) by August 14 they will release a Flanger pedal, essential for mastering for that elusive 3D sound that will gently tingle your prostate.
cool. the missus has short fingers.

Does anyone have free voucher which I can use to activate one plugin only? Anyone willing to share? Thx

for now I'll just use my vouchers to buy the component plugins to channel x. Not trying to pile on PA but i always thought it was kind of lame that having the channel strip doesnt simply grant you those licenses despite that they get installed along with it and the cost of channel x is $30 more than the sum of the component plugins. (edit- no, 60? Theyre 30 apiece and channel x is 150)

Still, a free plug is a free plug. I hope eventually all this dies down and PA outlives their meme status

I bought all three 500 series plugs separately and got ChannelX free earlier this year. Dunno if that's still the case.

If thats how it works that kind of stinks for anyone who bought the strip at full price. I mean i got it on sale so i have no cause for complaint really, but imagine paying $150 for a composite of 3 plugins which would later go for $30 apiece and then finding out that you could have gotten everything together for $90

The current ChannelX pricing doesn't make sense, but I believe the prices of the single modules may only have been lowered to $29 within the last few months or even weeks.

I have wondered whether they did it so that $25 voucher recipients would have something to use their vouchers on when the big discounts dried up.

It's been said that in recent times owners of the three separate modules could contact support and request a free NFR license for the full channel, but I don't know whether this still works with the pricing as it is currently.

Plugin Alliance is still „currently working“ on their 20$ transfer fee for the automated procedure (NI transfer process is for example completely free) and on their restriction that only ONE transfer can be done per month (I‘m not aware of any other developer to have such a restriction).

The whole situation at Plugin Alliance is ridiculous, annoying and extremely customer unfriendly!

Just my 2 cents...

Return to “Effects”