Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm I understand in this day and age it pays to be skeptical and perhaps what we have designed isn't for everyone, but in order to build something impressive and progressive we have to create a model that allows for this, we hope you understand.
So far, my loop subscription service experiences have been pretty much identical for everything I tried. First some excitement, then a few weeks of use, and after a while the realization that I spend money for something I actually don't need at all followed by the cancellation. These services are indeed a solution in search of a problem. But your intro offer is attractive, I'll give this one an honest attempt.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Good.

I have to take my words back a bit. The new Loopcloud seems to be quite promising actually!

It loads super fast, compared to V4
It looks nice
Store section works (IMO) better than in V4
You can still build your loop in V5.. no.. You can build 2 loops! at the same time in V5.
Loopcloud plugins seems like a nice idea, haven't tested it yet but for those who need it (or inspiration it may bring), it seems very interesting.

So this seems very promising :tu:

So I'd see this update that free version is "just" updated V4. But for those who are willing to pay, they get alot bang for the buck. Gotta dig deeper into this.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 pm But your intro offer is attractive
Artist version for -50% would be very attractive :lol:

Hi Matt. Just a quickie - as a free user, do I lose any functionality switching from V4 to V5?

I understand in this day and age it pays to be skeptical and perhaps what we have designed isn't for everyone, but in order to build something impressive and progressive we have to create a model that allows for this, we hope you understand and that if subscription isn't for you that you sill utilise the free version in combination with your own sounds and those you buy from Loopmasters.com

We are hugely proud of this release, and only ask that you give it a proper chance!
Hi Matt,

Great that you join the conversation, especially so early in! And for my part, sorry if my post above seemed on the negative side. It was meant as neutral, subjective critique.

As Distorted Horizon said already, the new LC loads super fast, the store works way better, and the 2 loops build (if you should need this) is a great addition too! The new interface is very nice, and I do think the new features will please most. Especially the plugins is a very nice idea although does not appeal to me personally. The only gripe I have with the current system, and to what I referred to when saying it felt crippled, is the limit on previews and not having the possibility to buy any points without subscribing - BUT - I fully understand why that would contradict with the main business plan. As said, I'm sure everyone understands the expenses on data flow are huge when a massive clientele streams stuff daily. Even though some (such as me - altough might of course turn to this at some point, lol :phones: ) do not need certain features such as FX, storage or multitracks, I do think they are cool and many will surely like them. But, as you also said, not necessarily everyone's cup of tea.

What is awesome is that you offer free sounds even for free users, and it's very generous of you to offer the Studio tier free for one month in order to try the new system out! While not necessarily for everyone, you should be proud! I'm sure there will be many who welcome and need these new additions. Also, I think the pricing is fair, especially on the Studio plan. I do have my critiques, but those said I will still happily use LC because it's an awesome system for managing packs bought from your site.

I do have one question, tho: If one subscribes for a few months, and then should cancel, will the sounds remain on your personal SC library or would these sounds have to be stashed for safe keeping on a local hard drive because they were downloaded under the new subscription plan?

Anyway, good luck with the new app and model, and I hope a lot of peeps find it useful! :tu: :party:
Last edited by InkSFX on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.

damn doubles!

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:27 pm
mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 pm But your intro offer is attractive
Artist version for -50% would be very attractive :lol:
Not really seeing the value of the Artist version to be honest. Combining a Splice subscription with the free Loopcloud version is the better value imho.

What sets this apart, at least for me, is the cloud storage functionality. But at 5GB you can't even put a single larger sample pack into the cloud. So this is fairly useless at the Artist level. Even the 250GB of the Pro version are somewhat limited.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm But at 5GB you can't even put a single larger sample pack into the cloud. So this is fairly useless at the Artist level. Even the 250GB of the Pro version are somewhat limited.
I agree. Would be maybe more interesting to have an Artist tier without the bells and whistles (such as the 5gb, maybe less - or no - multitracks, and FX) but Top Up Credits included with a sligthly cheaper price (or not, but anyway). Then again it could also be this kind of deal would make the Studio plan less attractive, as I am thinking it will be the most common plan in the end for most subscribers.

IMO those different levels are set up just fine.

m-ac wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:51 pm I may be wrong though and it ends up being the best thing since sliced bread.
I don't know about you but when I want a slice of bread I go to the kitchen. When I want to make music, I go to my ''studio''.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I installed 5 but went back to 4 because 5 doesn't have a dark GUI. If it gets an additional dark theme I will switch. :party:

lotus2035 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:26 pm I installed 5 but went back to 4 because 5 doesn't have a dark GUI. If it gets an additional dark theme I will switch. :party:
dark theme was finished today and will be available very soon.
check us out =! - http://www.loopmasters.com

mgw38 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:22 pm
loopmasters wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:42 pm But your intro offer is attractive, I'll give this one an honest attempt.
Thanks, please do and check the tutorials, and take the 30 day free trial...

m-ac wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 pm Hi Matt. Just a quickie - as a free user, do I lose any functionality switching from V4 to V5?
You gain a lot of things including,
2 track, 5 free sounds a day from over 25,000, plugins
the only thing that you dont have in the new free version is the ability to save patterns, you can load all the presets including ones with fx and edit them and bounce them.

I do have one question, tho: If one subscribes for a few months, and then should cancel, will the sounds remain on your personal SC library or would these sounds have to be stashed for safe keeping on a local hard drive because they were downloaded under the new subscription plan?
I really appreciate your feedback and the time you took to give it, its great.

To reply to your question:

any sounds downloaded via Loopmasters.com or via Loopcloud.com at any time will remain within the cloud, and also available for you to download to your local drive. You can use them with Loopcloud or not, but you always have that back up. Any full packs bought at Loopmasters.com as usual are also available there for you in your account. Hope that answers your question.

Return to “Instruments”