Any love for ANA2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nachenko wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:11 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:45 pm I put Ana2 into the same category as Hive2 - nice but redundant. With Rapid and Dune3 I have these grounds more than covered and I think these two sound better than Ana (and Hive).

Also the time-limited demo doesn't help.
Ok, you got my attention here. Of all the synths I have (and that includes Hive), Dune 3 stands at the very top hands down. Would you put Rapid sound at the same level as Dune 3?
Overall I like Rapid's sound character more but Dune 3 has better filters, especially the AM ones, and better responds to fast modulations (because audio rate).

If I need some squelchy acid sequence or a lead with fast filter/pitch modulation I will use Dune 3, if I need some fat and edgy lead, or a Virus-esque trance pluck or supersaw arpeggio, or a bid pad or some cool morphing texture I will use Rapid.

There is a synthwave-related demosong, i'm not into synthwave myself so I can't say how competent it is for the genre, but i think it sounds sorta cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3ap_TEmf8
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Calandria wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:37 pm Pitched against Synthmaster One which is in constant development and currently costs £49.00 then ANA 2 starts to look a bit expensive if I am honest.
SM1 is currently $49, not even £49.00 :D

BTW, Steven (Slate) contacted us 2 years ago and wanted to make SM1 part of his everything bundle. Then, they changed their minds and we signed an agreement for SM2. However, to this day, they haven't released SM2 as part of their everything bundle yet...
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

My eyesight is definitely going.
I just read that thread title as something completely different!! :scared:

:lol:
Yeah, who doesn't love some ANA2OG?

dark water wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 pm My eyesight is definitely going.
I just read that thread title as something completely different!! :scared:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I like my ANA2, have mostly good things to say that were already mentioned (sound, quick workflow, chords, arp). I also had a few exchanges with Bryan at Sonic Academy when ANA2 was fresh and a few things did not work as expected - contact was lightning fast and fixes were also released very quickly.

Two hiccups I want to mention:
- On my 4k screen, the zoom to 125% or 150% works ok, but the font is always very difficult to read. Maybe it's a font issue, I don't know. It just doesn't seem to scale properly. Happens in Reaper and S1 Pro (both current versions on a current Win10x64).
- I was upset about the pricing. I did buy ANA1 second hand. After paying a GBP 10 license transfer fee, I expected to receive "the" upgrade price to ANA2. Turned out my upgrade price was significantly higher because in Sonic Academy's logic: I "only" paid the license transfer fee which counted towards my upgrade price

ANA2 is one of the most underrated synths. I love ANA2's own personality. It just sounds different then other wavetable vstis. Can sound surprisingly analog as a wavetable synth.

I've got Dune3, Viper, Avenger, Icarus and ANA2 complements them.

Btw, many thanks for great presets, Man From Space!

kv331 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:56 pm
SM1 is currently $49, not even £49.00 :D

BTW, Steven (Slate) contacted us 2 years ago and wanted to make SM1 part of his everything bundle. Then, they changed their minds and we signed an agreement for SM2. However, to this day, they haven't released SM2 as part of their everything bundle yet...
Yeah sorry about that Bülent I stand corrected on the price :D A fantastic Synth and deal for sure!!!
In a way perhaps it was for the best that the Slate deal didn't come to fruition?
nevis wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:05 pm - On my 4k screen, the zoom to 125% or 150% works ok, but the font is always very difficult to read. Maybe it's a font issue, I don't know. It just doesn't seem to scale properly. Happens in Reaper and S1 Pro (both current versions on a current Win10x64).
Ana 2 currently uses baked in fonts for most of the static labels and a couple of ttf's for the dynamics.
You can easily change the ttf's by editing the ANA'2 layout.xml to any font you wish as well as the size.

<!-- Font ----------------------------------------- -->
<comp name="labelFont@2" source="./Fonts/Sonic Future.ttf" height="7.5"/>
<comp name="comboBoxFont@2" source="./Fonts/Sonic Future.ttf" height="7.5"/>
<comp name="chordNameFont@2" source="./Fonts/Sonic Future.ttf" height="7.5"/>
<comp name="labelFont" source="./Fonts/pf_tempesta_five.ttf" height="10"/>
<comp name="comboBoxFont" source="./Fonts/pf_tempesta_five.ttf" height="10"/>
<comp name="chordNameFont" source="./Fonts/pf_tempesta_five.ttf" height="10>

The trouble is the baked in stuff dominates most of the gui. :(
I think the Sonic Future.ttf was a bit of a mistake when it comes to long term readability but some users love it. I am not one of them, too gimmicky for my tired eyes.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:48 pm Btw, many thanks for great presets, Man From Space!
You're very welcome!
MAN FROM SPACE
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/135uz9UwHtdXZgiFyAc3oz
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/manfromspace

GumRoad (FREE Ableton racks and synth presets): https://gumroad.com/manfromspace

Calandria wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:41 pm
Digivolt wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:32 pm
It was £40 during black friday, I personally think at £100 it's still worth it
£100 on sale, normal £140.00
That is nearing Rapid and Avenger territory.
Compared to ATOM from eMastered it sounds like a bargain :D

ANA2 is very cool. Beta tested it for the team and it is a lovely synth. It does some things RAPID can't and vice versa. On it's own, not cheap, but very nice.

I think it would be prudent for Vengeance to do a survey of their existing customers before implementing a new copy protection scheme.

Calandria wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 pm Yeah sorry about that Bülent I stand corrected on the price :D A fantastic Synth and deal for sure!!!
In a way perhaps it was for the best that the Slate deal didn't come to fruition?
It will actualy come to fruition, once we have SM3 ready. We signed a 5 year agreement!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Is sonic academy A part of slate now? Does that mean its iLok protected?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I quite liked ANA2, but, out of all "those type" of synths, I felt it tied for 3rd. I bought Hive 2 as it's oscillators, flexibility, and usability were the best for me. Hive was #1, followed by Dune 3, and then Spire and ANA2 tied - Spire sounded better overall, but ANA2 was more fun to use. I didn't want Serum, so call me crazy.

I certainly would not sell ANA2 if someone gave it to me, for example! :D

I picked up ANA2 during the last holiday sale period for a crazy low price but haven't spent enough time with it yet. I expected to hate it because ANA1 was one of the worse sounding synths I've ever tried to the point of almost being painful.

But I demoed ANA2 and was pleasantly surprised. I just need to spend more time with it. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”