VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Youlean Loudness Meter

Youlean vs Insight / Ozone
+ Youlean has better readability
+ Youlean has better screen space managment/important readouts in one place
+ Youlean is constantly updated (Izotope hardly introduces new features/updates)

- Insight has more visualizers (but for a meter I don't need them mostly)
- Insights preset system is better (but I think Youlean will improve here)

I have both and my default tool for mix/master metering is Youlean, because it has a good workflow and easy to use/read.

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:09 pm Youlean vs Insight / Ozone
+ Youlean is constantly updated (Izotope hardly introduces new features/updates)

I have both and my default tool for mix/master metering is Youlean, because it has a good workflow and easy to use/read.
Thanks dermage . How can I improve the current preset system? :)

I specifically like and use the drag and drop function to analyse tracks.
So easy and quick!

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm I specifically like and use the drag and drop function to analyse tracks.
So easy and quick!
Awesome! Now with the latest version, you also have an ability to browse for song for analysis too. :)

Youlean wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:52 pm

I think saving needs to be improved. When I want to update an existing preset, it does not load the previously used name/short name from that position.
Also it would be nice to be able to cycle through presets. Sometimes I just want to load the next preset.
Maybe it would also be good to see the LUFS of the presets in the list, but that's nice to have.
Also as I mostly use custom presets it would be good to be able to re-order them or hide the unneeded presets somehow.

Thanks for asking & developing this great tool :)

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm

I think saving needs to be improved. When I want to update an existing preset, it does not load the previously used name/short name from that position.
Also it would be nice to be able to cycle through presets. Sometimes I just want to load the next preset.
Maybe it would also be good to see the LUFS of the presets in the list, but that's nice to have.
Also as I mostly use custom presets it would be good to be able to re-order them or hide the unneeded presets somehow.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to implement some of them for the next release! :tu:

Any reason why the standalone app is labelled in LKFS and the plugin is labelled in LUFS? I know they are the same, and did look for a way to change it in the settings, but couldn't find. For consistenmcy would make sense they were both lablled the same way, no? Win10 standalone and 32 bit VST.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:47 pm Any reason why the standalone app is labelled in LKFS and the plugin is labelled in LUFS? I know they are the same, and did look for a way to change it in the settings, but couldn't find. For consistenmcy would make sense they were both lablled the same way, no? Win10 standalone and 32 bit VST.
LKFS and LUFS will change depending on the preset. Try changing those.

Ah OK, thanks, but I was using my own preset. I'll take another look tomorrow!

yehboy1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 pm I have iZotope's MPS 2.1 which gives me Insight and Ozone Adv. Does this plugin's pro version bring a lot more to the table than the metering I have with that suite?
I have the whole iZotope deal (and other ones as well) and I only use YouLean. Easier, better, faster and slimmer. :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 pm Ah OK, thanks, but I was using my own preset. I'll take another look tomorrow!
No problem. :wink:

escalona wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 pm
yehboy1 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:13 pm I have iZotope's MPS 2.1 which gives me Insight and Ozone Adv. Does this plugin's pro version bring a lot more to the table than the metering I have with that suite?
I have the whole iZotope deal (and other ones as well) and I only use YouLean. Easier, better, faster and slimmer. :tu:
Awesome to hear that! Hopefully, it will stay like that! :D

dermage wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:33 pm

I have added some changes to the menu so you can hide the categories. Also, this will be saved with the session so you won't need to constantly hide it whenever you open the session again.
https://youtu.be/nb4zZrz3DjA

Youlean wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:02 pm I have added some changes to the menu so you can hide the categories. Also, this will be saved with the session so you won't need to constantly hide it whenever you open the session again.
https://youtu.be/nb4zZrz3DjA
Looks good!

The new update is here!

Hopefully, I haven't broken something in the process. :)
  • Fixed volume boost in FL Studio
    Fixed custom preset glitch
    Fixed blue window showing with empty buttons
    Fixed AAX plugin not loading with 7.1.2 channel configuration
    Fixed AAX plugin won’t load in Pro Tools 12.7 or earlier
    Improved compatibility with Pro Tools
    Added prevention of crashing when loading saved state from newer versions
    Audio is now only passed for channels set inside the interface

Return to “Effects”