Which desktop synth for space / ambient ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:39 am Virus TI2 if you take the time to program it.
NOPE!

KYRA.. 128 poly and errrr 8 stereo channels of audio streaming over USB, and blows the Virus away and Iv'e owned every Virus.. but go ahead and buy a Virus still sounds amazing but KYRA can do more. :tu:

rob_lee wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:22 am KYRA.. you won't f**king believe this thing. Tell you more very soon... STOP and SAVE for this synth, saying no more :tu: :D
Please say more!!

whenever you can

:hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am
rob_lee wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:22 am KYRA.. you won't f**king believe this thing. Tell you more very soon... STOP and SAVE for this synth, saying no more :tu: :D
Please say more!!

whenever you can

PM you about some stuff soon. All I can say is that units are about to be rolled out :D :tu:

KYRA will blow the Virus and any f**king soft synth you have ever owned.. Every part x8 can be streamed over USB and this has 128 poly :D :tu:

pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am Please say more!!
That's all you get... for now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also hooks up great with these 2 :tu:

Novation Nova desktop.
Very good sounds, good internal fx, great arpeggiator.

rob_lee wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:37 am
pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:31 am
Please say more!!

whenever you can

PM you about some stuff soon. All I can say is that units are about to be rolled out :D :tu:

KYRA will blow the Virus and any f**king soft synth you have ever owned.. Every part x8 can be streamed over USB and this has 128 poly :D :tu:
get them to send me a free one :D :hihi:

i like my Krome, it can do interesting ambient sounds
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

I'll be interested to hear more Kyra demos. The few we've heard thus far honestly didn't grab me that much (I've liked the sounds I've been getting out of Massive X better than the previous Kyra demos), but it wouldn't be the first time that early demos of a synth didn't do it justice, so I'll have to stay open minded until I hear more. Insane amounts of polyphony aren't really a selling point for me - a marked leap forward in core sound would be, though.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

mungbeans wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm Hello
I'm looking to get a desktop hardware synt to make space / ambient type sounds, ....
High end - Waldorf Quantum.

More affordable - Waldorf Blofeld.

Another vote for the Blofeld, I've been in love with mine since I bought it.

Behringer Neutron and some good FX pedals

I just bought a Behringer. Deep Mind 12D Desktop Module for Space Music and Ambient and plan to accompany it with a Haken Continuum Mini. I don't have enough desk space to use the unit's yet but highly recommend both for rich space music. The Haken Continuum Mini is an MPE synth and the Deep Mind 12D is an analog/digital fx hybrid synth module. There are great special patches that come with the Haken Continuum Mini and several soundbanks are available to buy for the Deep Mind 12D. Robert Rich uses the Haken Continuum.

Korg M3 with Radias EXB inside , joy to play with Karma ...

Peak is terrific. Modor NF-1 is really nice too. I would add in Modal Skulpt (x 2 polychain? ) as worth a look. And I am waiting for my Kyra to arrive.
To follow up other advice... think of adding a quality pedal FX or two... often as good as a second or more expensive synth... Strymon are good, but I would go for Meris ... Mercury 7 and Polymoon are amazing!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”